• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The battle over Gamestop is getting really interesting

LordOfChaos

So we still holding fellas?

tenor.gif

Buggy Loop

Seems like there’s a battle of algorithms to keep it under 240$. That’s ok. Europe will raise the floor level once again by tomorrow. Those 250$ calls ITM will gamma squeeze a bit.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Who knows, whoever is driving this upward momentum is going to keep going until they hit whatever goal they had in mind.

Larlight

253 now. Oh man, I hope after hours does well. I hope for a big increase at opening. I just don't know when I should stop lol....

Buggy Loop

253 now. Oh man, I hope after hours does well. I hope for a big increase at opening. I just don't know when I should stop lol....

Pretty confident we open >$260 tomorrow morning. Next goal : $300, which has a beautiful 6,419 call options ready for gamma.

LordOfChaos

Seems like there’s a battle of algorithms to keep it under 240$. That’s ok. Europe will raise the floor level once again by tomorrow. Those 250$ calls ITM will gamma squeeze a bit.

That last minute fuck you kick though! Nearly 247 at close, pretty good. I've been noticing that on several days...Someone seems to have learned from the hedge fund short ladders. Instead of laddering down, in the last 10 minutes of trading it drives up. And then usually explodes even more after hours as the sell laddering pressure comes off.

Seems like some whale or group of whales have learned from the dark side.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

That last minute fuck you kick though! Nearly 247 at close, pretty good. I've been noticing that on several days...Someone seems to have learned from the hedge fund short ladders. Instead of laddering down, in the last 10 minutes of trading it drives up. And then usually explodes even more after hours as the sell laddering pressure comes off.

Seems like some whale or group of whales have learned from the dark side.

99.9% certain this is now HF vs HF mainly.

Like i said in the past weeks/month/pages, if there's a play against shorts, to squeeze them, and potentially backstab a competitor and maybe even bankrupt them along the way, it will happen. Wall Street isn't some carebear place where you let a wounded market maker or hedge fund time to recover if there's a legit play to fuck em up and make money along the way. Might even be bigger than hedge funds at this point, with institutions holding so many shares, there's a legit play to perhaps even close down a market maker/bank that tried to fuck with them by shorting in the past year. Perhaps even an alliance between HFs or institutions.

So i don't think there's anything learned from the "dark side", HF are always short/long on so many positions, they know the playbook of their competitors. Just like the short side probably knows exactly who is fighting them, with access to data we don't have. Now it's a battle of how much cash they can throw into this, come out with possibly billions of cash and bankrupt a competitor.

That's kind of why i'm really relaxed with all this. I feel retail helped create a unique situtation here and that holding shares makes the short side kind of fucked, but we're not the driver of this anymore. Look at the volume, there's no retail "frenzy" like the first time. Yet steady she goes up. There's probably a play going on that our puny brains would not even begin to understand.

It's probably why it's not moving as fast as before, there's probably critical dates/catalysts that are not this week. For example, i think the DTCC change of rules as to "margin call" market makers won't take effect until March 19th?

Last edited:
So sad I didn’t watch Roaring Kitty’s testimonial until this went up again. Had I watched it I would’ve invested into it. Too many hints and teases in that video. Lol

LordOfChaos

So sad I didn’t watch Roaring Kitty’s testimonial until this went up again. Had I watched it I would’ve invested into it. Too many hints and teases in that video. Lol

Hang in there!

With his red bandana around it. Too perfect. "I have to wear this suit right now but I'm still with you".

Hang in there!

With his red bandana around it. Too perfect. "I have to wear this suit right now but I'm still with you".

Agreed, the dichotomy between the memes and the formality of the situation cemented it in Internet history. That “I’m not a cat” line with a straight face killed it. Lol

Larlight

Agreed, the dichotomy between the memes and the formality of the situation cemented it in Internet history. That “I’m not a cat” line with a straight face killed it. Lol
Could you explain more of what you mean by his testimonial? Was he saying something important in it? Is this recent?

Could you explain more of what you mean by his testimonial? Was he saying something important in it? Is this recent?

Just the entire context of the situation and what wasn't said.
I still believe we live in a post-truth world so I am starting to look for signs like Jim Carrey. ;)

You should watch the video, it's hard to explain. It post posted just a day or two before the stock boomed again.

Last edited:

Larlight

Holy crap, it's at 290 already. Man, are they going to halt the stock again? I'm afraid it's going to happen again and then dip hard....

LordOfChaos

If this continues a slow climb every day instead of a big jump like the last time, it might go to 600-700.

Indeed...I'm liking this a lot. It's not going so fast that it's hitting LULD rules so far, as long as it stays under it but continues to grow it's on a much cleaner path than last time.

+ this time all eyes are on the brokers that cockblocked it last time, RH raised billions in capital to deal with this sort of thing even if you believed everything they said, so if nothing stops it, there is no ceiling for this kind of event.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I kind of miss 90% gains per day, I’ll be honest. But if DTCC doesn’t touch the breaks with how things are going, fine.

Yeah 20% a day is great if it means no LULD halts, those always came with a nosedive

That's what I fear. If it halts, then would it be wise to sell as the price dips and come back in at a lower price?

I wouldn't, you might time it perfectly, or you might miss the rocketship. I have PTST over trying to time Tesla like that lol, kept selling at 320 and flipping lower, until one day it broke out...That was pre 5 for 1 split...Yeah, ouch.

Last edited:

Larlight

Yeah 20% a day is great if it means no LULD halts, those always came with a nosedive

I wouldn't, you might time it perfectly, or you might miss the rocketship. I have PTST over trying to time Tesla like that lol, kept selling at 320 and flipping lower, until one day it broke out...That was pre 5 for 1 split...Yeah, ouch.

Yeah I would hate the miss the rocketship. Fuck, that's what we all want right haha

LordOfChaos

this is not a squeeze, so what is it? retails fomo? hedge funds trolling?

It looks like gamma (calls ITM - upwards pressure - calls ITM) plus there seems to be either hedge funds or some big whales trying to stab other funds in the dick, there's been many days where the last 10 minutes of trading started pushing up, which is like the reverse of what was happening before where the shorts tried to drive it down in the last 10 minutes

Buggy Loop

HF vs HF, or even institutions/market makers. If there’s a play to kill off a wounded competitor because they got cornered in a bad position, of fucking course Wall Street will try to kill them off if it’s possible. That’s what I think is going on at least. I believe there’s a play to short squeeze here, but it’s much more calculated by HFs than the past retail frenzy.

edit: oh my, $335

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

People who bought the dip at 40$ are looking insanely smart RN

After a senator laughed at him for saying GME was still worth buying at 40 dollars, Roaring Kitty's double down of 50,000 more shares @ 39 each are now worth 17,331,000 frickin dollars. Before his 50,000 shares from before and call options.

Read em and weep, senator. Even with insider trading I bet they don't make plays like that!

Top Bottom