• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The assassination of Kara Lynne by the cowards at Limited Run Games

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, honestly, I'm going to preorder now because of all this dumb stuff, lol.

Right?! That's the thing that trips me out the most about it all nowadays. You can literally remove anyone and anything you don't want to see on your platform of choice. If you can't stand what you see but want to stay on the platform, just remove it. That's it. From people to words, etc. It's so easy now.
It's not about me not seeing it, self responsibility is too easy of an answer to right the ship, it's about you not being allowed to say or think it.

Control.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Calling blaire white a transphobe is one of the most twilight zone things possible, these people are insane.
This stood out to me, too. I'm sure I've read in passing that she isn't liked by the internet trans community, but from the few videos I watched a couple years back she seemed very grounded and realistic. She's transsexual and is well aware of that fact and doesn't get mad if people aren't into transsexuals. If anyone knows why she's considered transphobic I'd love to understand why, because on the face of it using her as evidence of transphobia doesn't do the argument any favours.

SF Kosmo SF Kosmo do you have the answers I'm looking for?

artsi

Even if Twitter likes are public I think they shouldn't be listed in user's profile for eternity.

You could legit accidentally like something 5 years ago and never notice it, then these lunatics get you fired when you gain some kind of visible position somewhere.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This stood out to me, too. I'm sure I've read in passing that she isn't liked by the internet trans community, but from the few videos I watched a couple years back she seemed very grounded and realistic. She's transsexual and is well aware of that fact and doesn't get mad if people aren't into transsexuals. If anyone knows why she's considered transphobic I'd love to understand why, because on the face of it using her as evidence of transphobia doesn't do the argument any favours.

SF Kosmo SF Kosmo do you have the answers I'm looking for?
Wrong think. Pushes back against a lot of the lunacy and control mechanisms. I.E. victimhood as a currency to get what you want in an unproductive life by those who suffer from extreme cases of NPDs.

It's dogma, she doesn't conform to their echo chamber so she's cast out; there's no actual logic to it.
In short, this.

Last edited:

Komatsu

As someone with trans friends I do not tolerate transphobia. That said, what did this lady do, exactly? Follow a bunch of alt-right idiots? People hate follow others all the time on Twitter. Being excited for an AAA game with one of the most popular IPs on earth? I haven't been able to find evidence she did or said anything that could be construed as hateful.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
This is whey you should only use social media to post pictures of food and cats. Or better yet just delete.
Yea, my only actual social media profile has a few pics of my dogs and the outdoors, check it every few months so old friends and relatives know I'm still alive, lol.

Gotta have that burner account to talk shit. I got blocked by Schreier himself today.

Great Job Reaction GIF

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yea, my only actual social media profile has a few pics of my dogs and the outdoors, check it every few months so old friends and relatives know I'm still alive, lol.

Gotta have that burner account to talk shit. I got blocked by Schreier himself today.

Great Job Reaction GIF
Schreier is such a pretentious wet fart. Question anything he says and he blocks you. Makes it easier for him to savor his own aroma I guess.

Drew1440

Kind reminder to never use twitter, or just delete tweets after a year.

People like Matt Walsh and Chaya Raichik aren't just "right wing," their ENTIRE shtick is centered around "LGBT are perverts and we need to save the children from them" rhetoric. Like there's not really any ambiguity here.

Again, if she doesn't bring that to work, she shouldn't be fired, but don't lie and say she's being fired for liking Harry Potter.
Does Chaya (Libs Of TikTok) just repost content from TikTok, which they would have uploaded by themselves originally?

Soodanim

It's dogma, she doesn't conform to their echo chamber so she's cast out; there's no actual logic to it.

Wrong think. She pushes back against a lot of the lunacy and control mechanisms. I.E. victimhood as a currency to get what you want in an unproductive life by those who suffer from extreme cases of NPDs.

In short, this.
That's certainly what it seems like, but I'm always willing to hear both sides of a story. From what I saw of Blaire White's videos, she seems like the sort of person trans people should be inspired by, not villified. Very much seemed like she had her hear screwed on.

stopped to search reddit

I didn't look too far into it, but it seems she's lost a couple defamation lawsuits because she makes videos about people that aren't true. Without getting into it too much, she doesn't appear to wear Crip colours if you catch my drift.

That's as far as I care to look, I don't care enough to deep dive

Neilg

lol at everyone saying 'damn this is a bad look for LRG'
are they really supposed to go through not only the social media pages of their employees to see what they post, but also look at who they follow? it's asinine.

Reading between the lines it does seem like she probably doesnt get trans people. plenty of people dont understand it and have no empathy for it. that's not the problem. spouting hate is, which she's not doing.

It's inching a little too close to pushing for people to be fired over being republican. I don't like or agree with them, but gunning for that level of extremism only ends badly for both sides.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Western society and Twitter was a mistake.
It's not a mistake if used correctly. Problem is when you got a free platform (excluding the recent $8 blue checkmark fee), what people realize is that a good portion of the masses are total morons. Most people probably thought that in their heads, but with social media now you can actually see it. And with something like Twitter which is an anything goes kind of site, you get the lowest of low brow people all trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and anger off their chest.

On the other hand, another free site like Linkedin isnt like that. You got almost all professionals putting a picture and resume of themselves up there. It can lead to sucking up for brownie pts, but you're not going to see low browers yelling on that site or cancel culture posts because nobody would give two shits about their angry posts. People care about jobs, networking, recruiting and stuff like that. Not opinions about Harry Potter games. If anyone saw a Linkedin member is being an emotional jackass, nobody would care or hire them. But in places like Twitter, you got other losers thinking the same so they got support in numbers. Losers among losers mentality.

I remember articles about Twitter and how the founders didn't expect it to become such a massive platform filled with politics and conflict. They probably thought it would just be a quick free way for people to tweet about the daily lives and give friends a heads up about which streets to avoid due to car accidents. Just every day boring stuff.

There's no way any of these big platforms in their initial business strategies in the early 2000s during formation thought it would morph into so much politics, people making careers out of being a social media whore, doxxing, cancel culture etc.... 15-20 years ago they probably meant well chatting about it at someone's dining room table. But there's no turning back now.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Can we see the tweet that set off the other place? I'm mega excited about Hogwarts legacy too 💪

I do feel sorry for the person in question.

I'm surprised Resetera isn't trying to cancel all the old gaming magazines that said something was gay to say it was bad.

Obviously no-one says it now, but it was pretty normal in the 90s.

Or the 90s playstation magazine where you could send in a "sexy" picture of your missus and they would rate her.

The 90s would get cancelled in today's world. XD

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Can someone with an era account let them know how unhinged they are, to try bully someone online and pretty much ruin someone's career.

Honestly, it should be criminal at this point to try ruin someone's life over twitter posts/likes from years ago.

I bet if we saw past stuff posted or said by some of the user's there, we would see a massive amount of hypocrisy.

And the way they wish death upon people those that don't share their views is usually much worst than the views they disagree with imo.

Truly disgusting community over there imo.

Banned
one of my posts from this thread just got removed due to the "no politics" rule...

I mean sure, but isn't this whole thread basically a political thread?
like the premise is basically workers rights and left wing cancel culture... isn't it? so shouldn't the whole thread be under that rule as well?

I am confused where the line is... it doesn't help you can't see which mod deleted your comment to ask what is going on.

LRKD

I hate limited run games, but this is a nothing burger, of a bunch of chronic internet no lifes, crying to virtue signal how they are such amazing loving people they are, by firing someone for a personal tweet from 7 years ago. God these people need to touch grass.

Manager shouldn't have gotten fired for this, people need to separate business and personal life's, you should never be fired from your job, for something you tweeted at home while taking a shit. Now if this stuff was tweeted onto an official lrg social platform, yeah sure can 'em. But no one should be fired for what they do or say on their own free time.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Definitely sounds like the type of temporary contract worker you'd love to employ.

"I just signed a contract"

"Won't be able to move forward with our business until this is addressed and Lynne is fired"

Sombody doesn't understand contracts.

Imagine being so flippant about trying to destroy someone's career over something as trivial as this. The lack of empathy displayed by folks who claim to be fighting under the flag of empathy and understanding is frightening.

Filben

First they all act like unions and workers rights are the most important thing in gaming, now their trying to get her fired because she works in an at will work state.
That's how faschists do it.

I still think personally that social media ruined more lives altogether than the positives. "you can connect with people!" yeah, no shit. Wonder how it was before. It's an corporate and ad infested network, there's nothing social about it.

This is a witch hunt. Just because you follow someone doesn't mean shit. Let's say I'm talking with right wing people for a thesis or to keep track of their arguments, for research for WHATEVER is my busines. Doesn't mean I agree with them. Some real lunatics out there.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
"I just signed a contract"

"Won't be able to move forward with our business until this is addressed and Lynne is fired"

Sombody doesn't understand contracts.

Imagine being so flippant about trying to destroy someone's career over something as trivial as this. The lack of empathy displayed by folks who claim to be fighting under the flag of empathy and understanding is frightening.
Tip for management: Cancel his contract.

I imagine it is a combination of being a sad, miserable and mentally ill fuck with no life prospects.
Without going deeper, that's just scratching the surface of what's going on. It's a legion of normies who's attention being torn in different directions. Unfortunately, a lot of them find solace in the antics of /they/them. While very inclusive, it's just an illusion, it's towing the line, it's disingenuous, it's anti-science, etc. It's evil disguised as good intentions. Plain and simple.

Fbh

Don't know what the law is in the USA, but I imagine in most first world countries stuff like "following people on Twitter" and "being excited about a videogame based on one of the biggest media franchises in the world" isn't a valid ground for termination. Hopefully LRG don't let themselves get bullied into firing someone for Twitter crimes

Calling blaire white a transphobe is one of the most twilight zone things possible, these people are insane.

You need to keep in mind that to these people saying you aren't sexually attracted to a woman with a dick is enough to be labeled a transphobe.
Like most "phobias" and "isms", places like Resetera and Twitter use words like transphobia so frequently and in such a broad way that they've sort of lost all meaning.

one of my posts from this thread just got removed due to the "no politics" rule...

like the premise is basically workers rights and left wing cancel culture... isn't it? so shouldn't the whole thread be under that rule as well?

I am confused where the line is... it doesn't help you can't see which mod deleted your comment to ask what is going on.
I'm assuming that you're asking for clarification rather than criticizing the moderation. The rule that I go by is no "red vs blue, us vs them, my team is better than your team" divisiveness, and no criticizing or praising specific politicians, only the actions taken by government as a whole.

But in terms of political compass and the like, it's helpful to remember that censorship and public pressure campaigns have historically come from the left and right alike, and there are plenty of people on the left and right alike who don't support this sort of censorship. And then there's all those people who don't identify as either left or right, and refuse to limit themselves to those labels. So my advice is don't reduce things to left vs right and you should be considerably less likely to find yourself getting moderated for politics.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

Your post was deleted as it was in response to the main offender. Nothing you need to really worry about. Best to keep this thread to laughing at the mentally insane and dreading the power they wield due to social media. I miss when Twitter didn’t exist.

Top Bottom