• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The assassination of Kara Lynne by the cowards at Limited Run Games

daffyduck

Seems pretty rightful.
Dont Accuse Me Glass House GIF by Snowfall

rkofan87

Gold Member
This is a complete fucking joke. And frankly I’m disgusted with some people in here trying to justify her getting fired for a “transphobic” tweet. What a load of shit! She follows twitter accounts of people some of you don’t like- does that make them bad? Wrong? Just cause you don’t like someone’s opinions doesn’t mean they’re wrong. Who gives anyone the right to get someone fired cause they don’t like what they think??? Fuck these assholes and fuck limited run games. And fuck anyone who agrees with this cunt who dug through her tweets to get her fired. I’ll be buying many copies of Harry Potter just to show my appreciation of JKR and her tweets/thoughts. Fuck you very much.
me as well its like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in hear.

93xfan

Banned
It's not any one thing, man, that's why it's so complicated.

Like some people are literally born with gender dysphoria in a way that precludes any experience and are obviously biological. From the moment they can talk they say they're the other gender and code that way as much as they can, and it's clearly not a learned thing.
My understanding is that no fewer than 11 studies show that 80% grow out of gender dysphoria by the end of puberty if not affirmed and or given drugs/surgery.
But those who are given the off-label drugs are drastically more likely to attempt suicide and extremely unlikely to stop taking the cross sex hormones.

Then there are some kids who develop gender dysphoria as a result of sexual trauma or abuse, and sometimes they grow out of it and sometimes they don't. This is the prevailing theory for why female to male trans identification is so much more prevalent in teenagers, but less so in adults.
That’s the prevailing theory because it fits a narrative. But if that is the case, then it reinforces this as needing psychological intervention, not physical surgery or off-label drugs.

And my understanding is that these treatments are becoming more and more common. And it’s a big money maker for pharmaceutical companies.

DeaDPo0L84

Bald faced lie. Matt Walsh is against adults transitioning, against gay people marrying, against protections for gay people in the workplace, literally every single LGBT interest or right, without exception.

Drop the strawman bullshit, it's just not true.

Matt Walsh does not believe that trans is real thing and that people should not be able to get gender affirming care ever. That qualifies, no?

Christ almighty, so much wrong in one post. You interpret "doesn't agree with" as "against". I can tell your only introduction to Matt has probably been through hit pieces that quote a small part of a 30 minute monologue so you lose all context.

He very much disagrees with gay marriage and adults transitioning BUT has even said he's libertarian on those very same issues. Again, when they start involving children and making it blunt they're doing so, that's when he gets extremely vocal on the topic.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
The most disturbing thing people don’t think about or pretend too is most companies they support would do the exact same thing they did.

Western pubs/studios all adhere by the same rules/ideology.

You either stop supporting them all together or keep bitching about it here while at the same time giving them your money, which in reality is the only language they truly understand.

If people want real change that is. Untill then this will go on and people will continue to get hurt.
sadly this.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Your point is taken, but listen to what you're saying. You used the line "stepping into the minefield that is Hogwarts Legacy."

The fact that somebody, who works for a video game company, should be afraid to discuss a video game tells you all you need to know about the level of toxicity discourse has reached. And you're essentially insinuating that wherever the discourse leads, even if it's somewhere completely insane, illogical, and frankly, flat out wrong(as is the case with the JK Rowling narrative) that people should just cower in fear and not speak about said issues. If we follow this precedent down this path, then no one is going to be able to speak about anything. Who's to say tomorrow some band of psychos online won't say that Square Enix is racist for their portrayal of Barrett(if it hasn't happened already) and then anyone who buys the new FFVII Remake games is a racist by association and everyone must boycott these games? And then people should not longer speak about FFVII Remake either.

LRG can hire or fire whomever they want, the question is, is it right to essentially demand that people keep their mouths shut about certain games/topics, no matter how insane or unfounded narratives surrounding them are? And is that kind of culture healthy for any company?
just like the big n dmcaing all the fan games do they have right to do that yes but is it a good pr move hell no.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
My understanding is that no fewer than 11 studies show that 80% grow out of gender dysphoria by the end of puberty if not affirmed and or given drugs/surgery.
Ok, but only around 5% of teens with gender dysphoria actually receive gender affirming drugs and 0.01% receive surgery, so I don't get where your argument is.

But those who are given the off-label drugs are drastically more likely to attempt suicide and extremely unlikely to stop taking the cross sex hormones.
Who is arguing for illegal off label hormones for children?

That’s the prevailing theory because it fits a narrative. But if that is the case, then it reinforces this as needing psychological intervention, not physical surgery or off-label drugs.
Yeah, no shit. I am not sure why you think I am saying anything different. No one is suggesting every kid who wants hormones should get them.

My point is that everyone knows this and that isn't how it works, so the hysteria doesn't make sense.

And my understanding is that these treatments are becoming more and more common.
Only in relative terms. 0.03% is 50% more than 0.02% (for example) , but it's still small in absolute terms.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Ok, but only around 5% of teens with gender dysphoria actually receive gender affirming drugs and 0.01% receive surgery, so I don't get where your argument is.
My argument is this ideology shouldn’t get pushed on children at all.

Who is arguing for illegal off label hormones for children?
Puberty blockers are off-label treatment. They can be used to castrate sex offenders, btw.

Yeah, no shit. I am not sure why you think I am saying anything different. No one is suggesting every kid who wants hormones should get them.
Maybe no one here is..

My point is that everyone knows this and that isn't how it works, so the hysteria doesn't make sense.

Only in relative terms. 0.03% is 50% more than 0.02% (for example) , but it's still small in absolute terms.
It’s growing in popularity and people need to push back on it.

Last edited:
Honestly part of me is starting to think being trans nowadays is just trendy... Like being emo in 2010. There's absolutely no way the explosion of trans people happened "naturally" (especially in online space). And being trans gives one power to be condescending righteous prick to everyone else and shame people for not agreeing :)
I'm not talking about people with genuine gender dysphoria.
And by the way, parents who make their kids trans, because jimmy boy one day played with barbie and wore a skirt should be locked up, lmao.
It's like vegan cat, you know who's decision it was.
I was going to but hogwarts legacy anyways. Love the movies and books.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Same reason someone wants to be part of this site - to talk about video games.
You can easily ignore other topics.
Yeah but it seems you cannot have a different opinion to talk about video games there whereas here… well I’d like to think it’s not that bad.

Haven’t seen anyone banned for saying can’t wait to play Hogwarts here.

Last edited:

Methos#1975

Absolutely fucking sickening how they came after this women for such trivality and got her fired. ResetEra is tribalism at its absolute worst. The sooner that cancer dies out the better. Hopefully this also bites LRG in the ass and decimates them and they end up a object lesson to other similar publishers.

Fredrik

This was me:

G59TDx5.png

Annnnnd....

banned ban GIF

Truth is they did me a favor
I did a similar thing at the Cyberpunk launch, was excited, banned a month. I just left and never looked back.

The sad reality is that there are good people there but the normal posters get warned into silenced or post in a fake way they know is considered okay. The only thing left to listen to is the crazy talk.
And it’s bizarre to be on a gaming board when you’re not allowed to speak about a highly anticipated game.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

So weird. I could swear that yesterday looking into this on twitter, there was another twitter account tweeting in late December '22 (don't remember the exact day sorry) about the Limited Run's community manager following transphobic accounts. I think it was something like "is it just me or does the limited run games community manager follow a bunch of transphobic accounts?"...

No mention about any "transphobic" tweets or her Harry Potter game suppport. But it did show that this thing was started about two weeks earlier. Or at least signaled.

Cannot find that tweet today though. Maybe they deleted it.

Also, still cannot see how the one (?) tweet they unearthed from years ago is transphobic. It's stupidly phrased sure and, for me, it's abnormal to tweet something like that if it was out of the blue. It's also probably not a researched thing, this being twitter of course. But transphobic why? It seemed not actually being directed to trans people.

Gold Member
So all it takes is 800 likes (I think it was around there yesterday when I checked) on a tweet to get someone sacked? Fuck me, just stop the planet I want to get off.

This is pretty tame shit too, the lynch mob are scraping the barrel a bit here imo.

Leaving social media a few years back was the best thing I ever did. GAF is as much internet interaction as I need :messenger_squinting_tongue:

GymWolf

Gold Member
She wasn't just discussing the game; she was discussing the game through the lens of the backlash.

Yes. Especially when it involves you taking a stand that can alienate the consumer base.

. . .and lets stop with the "JK Rowling is just stating her opinion. . ." bit. When she was discussing trans rights from a position - as a former victim of domestic abuse - of not eroding what it means to be a "woman," that was fine (if still a hot button topic). She has gone FULL TERF however, including dancing with the uglier arguments.
Alienate the consumer...

Yo dude, do you realize that the trans people who care about this stuff is probably way less than the people they already alienated by firing that poor girl?

You can't really think that thousands or even millions of people had problems with 7 years old tweets and some slightly controversial people she followed.

Didn't the resetera tweet had like a fuckload of views and only 300+ likes and most people were commenting in favour of the girl?

The majority of well adjusted trans people are not gonna be happy that a poor girl got fired for that shit, and i want to believe that the majority of trans people are different from the deranged people on reee/twitter.

Thinking that these cunts are more than they really are is the biggest mistake of any company who oblige and cave with these lunatics, they are not the fucking majority.

Top Bottom