• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The assassination of Kara Lynne by the cowards at Limited Run Games

93xfan

Banned
Bald faced lie. Matt Walsh is against adults transitioning, against gay people marrying, against protections for gay people in the workplace, literally every single LGBT interest or right, without exception.

Drop the strawman bullshit, it's just not true.
We are talking in this context. He says adults can do whatever they want. He is fighting against it being done to children. I see you seemed to purposely ignore that as to not have to give an opinion.

Matt Walsh does not believe that trans is real thing and that people should not be able to get gender affirming care ever. That qualifies, no?
How can he fear something he doesn’t believe exists? Am I a Santa Clausophobic for not believing in Santa Clause?

Let’s be fair here. Some people demand others see only a physical and medical fix for this issue rather than a psychological one. Anything less than agreement is bigotry. And anyone who comes out and says they made a mistake and regret the “treatments” gets told to shut up or even to kill themselves by the “compassionate inclusive club”.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
followings libs of tiktok is a very gigantic red flag...
Why? They’re great at just showing the craziness of the left. The left could disavow the people in those videos and say “I don’t support that.” Instead they just attack the account that brings light to the craziness.

I gladly tell people I don’t support what happened on January 6th at the Capital. I don’t believe in Qanon garbage. Why does the left have trouble with any criticism of their most radical people?

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
We are talking in this context.
What context? The context you invented to be convenient to your strawman?

He says adults can do whatever they want.
No he fucking doesn't, he thinks performing gender reassignment surgeries on anyone should be criminalized. Stop lying.

He is fighting against it being done to children.
Or anyone else. Or gays being married, or having basic civil rights protections. He is a hardcore Christian fundamentalist who is against all forms of homosexuality and gender queerness.

I see you seemed to purposely ignore that as to not have to give an opinion.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm directly addressing the fact that it's a completely dishonest attempt to minimize his position.
How can he fear something he doesn’t believe exists? Am I a Santa Clausophobic for not believing in Santa Clause?
Now we're playing semantic games, like people who say it's not homophobic to gay bash because you aren't "afraid" of them just because you hate them. Tiresome, stop wasting everyone's time.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I'm not ignoring it, I'm directly addressing the fact that it's a completely dishonest attempt to minimize his position.
So what do you believe about the treatment of minors on this issue then?
Now we're playing semantic games, like people who say it's not homophobic to gay bash because you aren't "afraid" of them just because you hate them. Tiresome, stop wasting everyone's time.
Not believing in the treatment is not the same as bashing.

SF Kosmo

You aren't doing any such thing. You want to paint someone as a reprehensible person and celebrate her firing. I repeat what I said at the end of the previous post: You are kind of a massive scumbag.
I said in so many posts in this thread I think it's wrong she got fired. You just don't know how to engage in a conversation that is more nuanced than "one side is 100% right and one is 100% wrong" and so you're just lying.

nush

Gold Member

SF Kosmo

So what do you believe about the treatment of minors on this issue then?
I don't think gender reassignment surgery is ever appropriate for minors, and the medical community largely supports this, which is why they are very rarely performed.

I also think it's better to wait for hormones as a general rule, BUT I think there are exceptions. If you'll allow me to take a nuanced postion...

I think a lot of kids go through periods of confusion due the trauma of hitting puberty or sexual trauma or just coming to terms with another kind of queerness and trans identity can be their effort to reconcile that into a binary.

But sometimes you meet these kids who just tell you they're the other gender from them moment they can talk and they're just consistent from the time they're a baby, and you know they're absolutely going to transition and if you can spare those kids the trauma of puberty that takes them further away from how that then it's the compassionate thing to do. These kids are the exceptions not the rule, but I have met them and it's just obviously correct in those cases.

I think it's important to handle these things in conjunction with a mental health professional, always.

Anecdotally, I know two kids, children of friends. One is 13, always coded very male, but hit puberty like a ton of bricks, grew like 18 inches in a year and is having a complete meltdown in their home life. They have never presented female. They want hormones. They are not getting them and their psychiatrist doesn't think they should yet. We've supported this kid in terms of pronouns and names and told them to change their presentation if they're serious. The kid is obviously queer but my feeling is that this kid is probably not going to be trans in the end.

The other kid is 7 years old and has insisted on wearing girls clothes since they were 3, plays only with dolls, and codes entirely female. The parents have taken a completely neutral stance on it, never imposing words like "trans" or forcing pronouns or conversations of transitions on him. They let him lead but they respect if he says I want to wear this or that. I am positive that this kid will say at some point that they are trans, it's just blatantly obviously And when they do, it would be really hard to say to that kid "I think this is just a phase, slow your roll." If that kid wanted hormones at 15 or something, I would say "Yeah that makes sense."

I know "it's complicated" isn't the kind of position you're allowed to have on social media but it's complicated.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Holy shit, lmao. I think that's the first time I've seen near universal on message replies

Angry Badass GIF by Yellowstone

Last edited:
I hope harry potter is good enough to win a bunch of GOTY awards.

Even if it is GotY quality, sadly it would never get nominated. They would fight against it tooth and nail. I think this is just the beginning.....when the game is close to launch and the review embargo is up.......

Oh Boy High Quality GIF

I myself, can't wait for my copy. No matter the score.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I said in so many posts in this thread I think it's wrong she got fired. You just don't know how to engage in a conversation that is more nuanced than "one side is 100% right and one is 100% wrong" and so you're just lying.
Sure Jan GIF

You aren't fooling anyone, Kosmo. Your actions in this thread have clearly shown what kind of person you truly are.

SF Kosmo

Sure Jan GIF

You aren't fooling anyone, Kosmo. Your actions in this thread have clearly shown what kind of person you truly are.
Bruh, it's all there in writing. I said I don't think she should be fired and I think cancel mobs targeting low paid salaried workers for shit they talk about off hours is pretty much always wrong.

If you can't get your head around how I could defend this woman's right to work EVEN WHEN I disagree with her beliefs, then YOU are the problem.

Even if it is GotY quality, sadly it would never get nominated. They would fight against it tooth and nail. I think this is just the beginning.....when the game is close to launch and the review embargo is up.......

Oh Boy High Quality GIF

I myself, can't wait for my copy. No matter the score.

People are really reading way too much into this Harry Potter stuff. Not nearly as many people care as the people who are upset by the few people who do is my read of that situation. Harry Potter looks like an incredible game. I don't think there would be a single thing preventing it from being nominated if it's a genuinely amazing game, which it appears to be shaping up to be.

chris121580

What pisses me off is how ree trans members talk about how they just want to be accepted and allowed to live their life yet they go to these ridiculously great lengths to try and ruin people’s lives just because they might have different beliefs than them. The one thing I’m glad about is that the trans people I know think the ree members are absolutely insane and hurt the trans community more than help them. I would agree.

Topher

Gold Member
Bruh, it's all there in writing. I said I don't think she should be fired and I think cancel mobs targeting low paid salaried workers for shit they talk about off hours is pretty much always wrong.

If you can't get your head around how I could defend this woman's right to work EVEN WHEN I disagree with her beliefs, then YOU are the problem.

That's all fine, but you still went after her for who she followed on twitter. That in itself is exactly what these other people who got her fired did.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
What pisses me off is how ree trans members talk about how they just want to be accepted and allowed to live their life yet they go to these ridiculously great lengths to try and ruin people’s lives just because they might have different beliefs than them. The one thing I’m glad about is that the trans people I know think the ree members are absolutely insane and hurt the trans community more than help them. I would agree.

That is the vast majority of the LGBT people in the world. The outspoken "community" of LGBT+ folks on the internet give everyone a bad name.

Ozzie666

If I had to guess, very little of the members there are actually part of the audience they claim to represent. It's just one big troll environment to make money and watch the world burn. Or it's the worst of the absolute worst of humanity with anger issues. But I am convinced it's just a shit stirring game with most having no skin in the game.

People are really reading way too much into this Harry Potter stuff. Not nearly as many people care as the people who are upset by the few people who do is my read of that situation. Harry Potter looks like an incredible game. I don't think there would be a single thing preventing it from being nominated if it's a genuinely amazing game, which it appears to be shaping up to be.

I sincerely hope so....but we'll see.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Can you imagine the culture wars that would take place at Hogwarts if it was a real school? It would make the final showdown in Deathly Hallows Part 2 and the Kent State shootings look like a peaceful walk in the fucking park. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Explain how any of this makes any logical sense:

Person says they're excited about buying a HARRY POTTER VIDEO GAME.
Internet forum gets offended and goes digging to destroy the person's life for wanting to buy a HARRY POTTER VIDEO GAME.
Internet forum gets person fired from their job for wanting to buy a HARRY POTTER VIDEO GAME.
DigitalDeepDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

recursive

Bald faced lie. Matt Walsh is against adults transitioning, against gay people marrying, against protections for gay people in the workplace, literally every single LGBT interest or right, without exception.

Drop the strawman bullshit, it's just not true.

Matt Walsh does not believe that trans is real thing and that people should not be able to get gender affirming care ever. That qualifies, no?
You are way to invested in internet personalities. Go touch grass and get some sun.

-Zelda-

Banned
Would gifting copies of the HARRY POTTER VIDEO GAME to members of a certain forum be considered an attack?
It would only end in them throwing them away and taking them out of the rotation forever. Better to give it to people who will really value it.

93xfan

Banned
I don't think gender reassignment surgery is ever appropriate for minors, and the medical community largely supports this, which is why they are very rarely performed.

I also think it's better to wait for hormones as a general rule, BUT I think there are exceptions. If you'll allow me to take a nuanced postion...

I think a lot of kids go through periods of confusion due the trauma of hitting puberty or sexual trauma or just coming to terms with another kind of queerness and trans identity can be their effort to reconcile that into a binary.

But sometimes you meet these kids who just tell you they're the other gender from them moment they can talk and they're just consistent from the time they're a baby, and you know they're absolutely going to transition and if you can spare those kids the trauma of puberty that takes them further away from how that then it's the compassionate thing to do. These kids are the exceptions not the rule, but I have met them and it's just obviously correct in those cases.

I think it's important to handle these things in conjunction with a mental health professional, always.

Anecdotally, I know two kids, children of friends. One is 13, always coded very male, but hit puberty like a ton of bricks, grew like 18 inches in a year and is having a complete meltdown in their home life. They have never presented female. They want hormones. They are not getting them and their psychiatrist doesn't think they should yet. We've supported this kid in terms of pronouns and names and told them to change their presentation if they're serious. The kid is obviously queer but my feeling is that this kid is probably not going to be trans in the end.

The other kid is 7 years old and has insisted on wearing girls clothes since they were 3, plays only with dolls, and codes entirely female. The parents have taken a completely neutral stance on it, never imposing words like "trans" or forcing pronouns or conversations of transitions on him. They let him lead but they respect if he says I want to wear this or that. I am positive that this kid will say at some point that they are trans, it's just blatantly obviously And when they do, it would be really hard to say to that kid "I think this is just a phase, slow your roll." If that kid wanted hormones at 15 or something, I would say "Yeah that makes sense."

I know "it's complicated" isn't the kind of position you're allowed to have on social media but it's complicated.

I appreciate you explaining your viewpoint.

Can’t say I believe it is ever appropriate for a child to take drugs (such as one’s that are used to castrate sex offenders) and will cause permanent damage.

if society wasn’t pushing this, no one would ask for it or speak this way. They wouldn’t say “I’m a ____” when not. Should we allow trans species children to change their ears and graft on tails?

It’s 100% a mental issue that I feel sorry for, but we need to push back on this shit and the powers in our society pushing for chemical castration and mutilation.

And if it’s not a social construct, why are the numbers of kids so radically different based on their location in the US?

It’s extraordinarily nefarious, and there’s a reason why they want to shout us down and keep us from spreading the facts (not you, but the activists).

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

I appreciate you explaining your viewpoint.

Can’t say I believe it is ever appropriate for a child to take drugs (such as one’s that are used to castrate sex offenders) and will cause permanent damage.

if society wasn’t pushing this, no one would ask for it or speak this way. They wouldn’t say “I’m a ____” when not. Should we allow trans species children to change their ears and graft on tails?

It’s 100% a mental issue that I feel sorry for, but we need to push back on this shit and the powers in our society pushing for chemical castration and mutilation.

And if it’s not a social construct, why are the numbers of kids so radically different based on their location in the US?

It’s extraordinarily nefarious, and there’s a reason why they want to shout us down and keep us from spreading the facts (not you, but the activists).
It's not any one thing, man, that's why it's so complicated.

Like some people are literally born with gender dysphoria in a way that precludes any experience and are obviously biological. From the moment they can talk they say they're the other gender and code that way as much as they can, and it's clearly not a learned thing.

Then there are some kids who develop gender dysphoria as a result of sexual trauma or abuse, and sometimes they grow out of it and sometimes they don't. This is the prevailing theory for why female to male trans identification is so much more prevalent in teenagers, but less so in adults.

Then there are people who are gay but trying to fit into a heteronormative binary and so they think of themselves as femme or butch or whatever. Or they're just queer and don't feel like they conform to gender norms and and want to live in a way that they feel comfortable with.

And there are people who don't fit into any of these categories. But what there isn't is a nefarious plot to trick youngsters into making irreversible medical decisions at a young age.

Actual medical interventions like hormones and puberty blockers are very rarely prescribed for minors, only a few thousand a year and a small number of the total number of kids diagnosed with gender dysphoria. No one is handing out hormones willy nilly to every kid that says they are trans.

And surgeries are virtually non existent for minors. A couple states allow top surgeries for people over the age of consent but under 18 but they are incredibly rare.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
It backfired so bad it's probably gonna show only big businesses wanting to get some ESG scores can overcome consumers backslash that big and still survive. Small business owners should stfu and stop pretending their company is any relevant in order to keep the little costumers they managed to get

Some here said they won the "moral fight", but is it true if the vast majority of people do not share this ideology? They look like "good people"to themselves alone, which are a handful in the end, the rest of the people, even the ones that don't fight them directly, don't comply to these actions.

I don't buy physical but now I have a reason to avoid them completely, yeah, that's such a good business tactic. Some Twitter replies even show receipts of their purchases announcing they won't buy anymore, that must hurt in their balance in a couple months.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
weird, i figured that this was just a re-edit of an existing comic, it's real.

Top Bottom