• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The assassination of Kara Lynne by the cowards at Limited Run Games

I am proudly transphobic, speciially because this also englobes protecting children
I have no issues with trans people as long as they're upfront about who they are if you're going to go out on a date with them.

I do have an issue with all this activism and having to appeal to a very, very small part of the population for everything. I also believe some of these people are just doing it as a trend and not because they actually want to be the opposite sex. Yes, there are people who are legitimately dysphoric but there are others who I think are just doing it to be trendy to their fellow comrades, so to speak.

Live and let live. Let people do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt another person.

Needlecrash

Edit: Posted elsewhere but further progress:

uc3ExI2.jpg

ismW6HL.jpg
I am NOT of fan of Musk AT ALL. But, good on him to help out Kara. To be witchhunted by a pedophile piece of shit is fucking insanity.

Unknown?

She does not strike me as a particularly savy person. Teaming up with Eric July is a weird move, especially since I kinda have not heard anything good about his self-made comic book (other than being financially successful) . Problem with Eric July is he became deeply entrenched in culture wars so... this looks like a move to get more marketing
You don't hear about it because all the so-called journalists won't cover it because they don't like that he's not progressive. It's banned in big comic circles for false labeling of "hate", so it's no surprise you haven't heard much about it.

Whether it's super great or not is irrelevant in an era where legacy comics are constantly going down due to their focus on forcing a message over good writing. He's just coming in to fill the void much like Manga is already doing.

I have no issues with trans people as long as they're upfront about who they are if you're going to go out on a date with them.

I do have an issue with all this activism and having to appeal to a very, very small part of the population for everything. I also believe some of these people are just doing it as a trend and not because they actually want to be the opposite sex. Yes, there are people who are legitimately dysphoric but there are others who I think are just doing it to be trendy to their fellow comrades, so to speak.

Live and let live. Let people do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt another person.
When "leave the children alone" deemed as hate speech and cost one's career, you can tell some of that group aren't about their true selves and identities.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Fucking with all the labels is the first mistake.

If you're an asshole, that supercedes race, religion, sex, gender, Creed, height, dick width, etc. This Isn't a "I don't see gender," tumblr awakening, bitch, pretend I am blind. I'm Lavar fucking Burton. CAN'T SEE SHIT, CAPTAIN.

I don't hate the opponent, I hate the argument. The further people get away from this personal Main character world is the closer they get to peace and fucking quiet. People with weak ass flimsy opinions that crack and creak at the first sign of scrutiny so they immediately jump to "I'm x and you don't agree with me, so you're an xphobe!"

No, I fear dumb echo chamber responsibility hot potato. I fear people having tangible negative effects on real people's lives because they don't understand that they (being non specific, because in my country of America, it refers to fucking everyone) can vote, drive, work, serve in the military, have citizenship, etc. No one owes anyone any more than that. Basic societal respect. That's equality. I'll read what I wish, speak to whom I choose, and opine about any topic.

You're not a transphobe for playing Harry Potter just like you're not a otherkin for dressing up like a high school mascot while you watch My Little Pony. When the logic hits, you feel no pain.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Nothing fake here as far as I can see.
The second picture that I quoted. I have no idea how that screenshot you quoted ended up in my post and I only notice it now. :pie_thinking:

Her answer is different and I see no follow up from Elon.
Again, I might just be bad at twitter.

CGNoire

Fucking with all the labels is the first mistake.

If you're an asshole, that supercedes race, religion, sex, gender, Creed, height, dick width, etc. This Isn't a "I don't see gender," tumblr awakening, bitch, pretend I am blind. I'm Lavar fucking Burton. CAN'T SEE SHIT, CAPTAIN.

I don't hate the opponent, I hate the argument. The further people get away from this personal Main character world is the closer they get to peace and fucking quiet. People with weak ass flimsy opinions that crack and creak at the first sign of scrutiny so they immediately jump to "I'm x and you don't agree with me, so you're an xphobe!"

No, I fear dumb echo chamber responsibility hot potato. I fear people having tangible negative effects on real people's lives because they don't understand that they (being non specific, because in my country of America, it refers to fucking everyone) can vote, drive, work, serve in the military, have citizenship, etc. No one owes anyone any more than that. Basic societal respect. That's equality. I'll read what I wish, speak to whom I choose, and opine about any topic.

You're not a transphobe for playing Harry Potter just like you're not a otherkin for dressing up like a high school mascot while you watch My Little Pony. When the logic hits, you feel no pain.
Its the proliferation of the "There all just a bunch of Haters" trend that the internet started which has mutated into people throwing accusations of actual Hate now. The echo chamber effect has caused the Protagonist Syndrome to become Malignant.

TexMex

She is in a right to work state, she can be fired for literally any reason, and Elon Musk isn’t about to help her sue LRG into the ground. Let’s not get too excited here.

AmuroChan

She is in a right to work state, she can be fired for literally any reason, and Elon Musk isn’t about to help her sue LRG into the ground. Let’s not get too excited here.

Don't need to sue LRG to the ground. Even if the lawsuit goes nowhere, just force LRG to spend a bunch of money on legal fees.

Right. The situation with Gina Carano is a bit different, because California has a law that says you can't discriminate against people based on political affiliation. It will be interesting to see what that looks like in practice.

Anyhow, I just checked Kara's twitter account and found this:

Last edited:
Top Bottom