• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The assassination of Kara Lynne by the cowards at Limited Run Games

Toons

No we don't.

Red flags come in all sizes and number. We judge and discriminate everyone we come across.

I'm more skeptical of a 50 year old man who dresses in womens clothes and volunteers to spend his time reading to kids than I am a male teacher...but no one gets a pass.

Degree is something that is often not talked about in conversations like this.

I dont necessarilay disagree but like you said it doesn't apply to all of them..

Vet them and run checks on them and there's no issue.

We have far more documented cases of male teachers or faculty actually trying this than we do any of these drag people doing anything with kids.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I dont necessarilay disagree but like you said it doesn't apply to all of them..

Vet them and run checks on them and there's no issue.

We have far more documented cases of male teachers or faculty actually trying this than we do any of these drag people doing anything with kids.
This is how slippery slopes start. We should not have to wait until we are already there.

Drag queens are sexualized adult entertainment. They should not be pushed on children any more than strippers or other forms of adult entertainment should.

No its not. Drag has been used to entertain kids since before you were even born. Its just a fact.
Is this really your argument?

Toons

Good question. Genuinely curious, but do these drag queens go to nursing homes to stimulate and excite the elderly?

Most of the elderly can read just fine on their own.

Answer me something, why do these people target children? It's not about reading books, otherwise they would be there without the fetish clothes. Just answer me that.

It is about reading books. And maybe you don't know this but kids have short attention spans. Simply sitting in front of them and reading something as you would an adult will not keep their attention. A person playing a character and wearing a colorful costume and speaking to them with an excited tone and voice will. It's that simple.

Its goofy and silly and funny, which is why its been a staple of entertainment for a long long time.

Filben

Or even worse they try to pass it off as healthy:

jessamyn-1608131316.png
callie-1608131330.png
This is the answer to them:

Toons

This is how slippery slopes start. We should not have to wait until we are already there.

Drag queens are sexualized adult entertainment. They should not be pushed on children any more than strippers or other forms of adult entertainment should.
No, drag shows are fashion shows that involve garish costumes and clothing design and playing characters. There are adult versions but many of them are just for presentations like a pageant.

Which we regularly send young girls to and have also for years. Now tbsts a whole nother rabbit hole, but it has never been explicitly adult. If any kid ever saw a theatrical play of hairspray, or the film Mrs doubtfire it was no different.

Its a performance to entertain. Tying all of then to strippers is like tying all comedians to the ones that make dildo and rape jokes on stage. There are comedians no parents should send their kid to but saying all comedians should be off limits to gets would be a laughable notion.

Is this really your argument?
Absolutely. Of it was ok for Bugs Bunny to dress in drag and literally seduce guys in the 50s, a dude reading a gd kids book wearing a dress isn't that a big deal to me. There are standards and scenarios where it wouldn't be ok but this ain't one of them.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, drag shows are fashion shows that involve garish costumes and clothing design and playing characters. There are adult versions but many of them are just for presentations like a pageant.
Are you kidding me? Most are the adult versions in current year. Come the fuck on.

From Hamburger Mary's to every gay club or diner with a drag stage in most major cities.

Been to several, had a great time since the comedy was actually pretty good. But for kids, hell the F no.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
It is about reading books. And maybe you don't know this but kids have short attention spans. Simply sitting in front of them and reading something as you would an adult will not keep their attention. A person playing a character and wearing a colorful costume and speaking to them with an excited tone and voice will. It's that simple.

Its goofy and silly and funny, which is why its been a staple of entertainment for a long long time.

Let's stop with the bugs bunny cartoon pictures argument, it's brainless. Nobody throws heavy rocks at real dogs or bunnies to crush them and kill them to try to entertain children, there's an obvious difference between cartoons and reality.

It's not about reading books, children are perfectly capable of sitting to hear someone tell a story for thousands of years, nobody has ever needed to dress up in clothing for adult entertainment to keep them focused on a book.

Again, answer me why they need people in sexual adult entertainment reading to kids. Why target children? Just tell me.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's people dressed up in gear meant for adult entertainment and they are specifically targeting children.
No they aren't. Just because both of those things involve drag doesn't mean these people are dressing the same or performing the same act. They're both drag but they're otherwise completely different.

It's simple, just answer me why they need to be in their adult entertainment get up to read to them instead of deflecting.
Again they aren't wearing anything they would wear in a cabaret act, they're wearing drag that is kid friendly and appropriate.

It's like being against telling kids jokes just because dirty jokes exist in other venues. No one is deflecting from anything your whole argument makes no sense.

Azurro

Banned
No they aren't. Just because both of those things involve drag doesn't mean these people are dressing the same or performing the same act. They're both drag but they're otherwise completely different.

Again they aren't wearing anything they would wear in a cabaret act, they're wearing drag that is kid friendly and appropriate.

It's like being against telling kids jokes just because dirty jokes exist in other venues. No one is deflecting from anything your whole argument makes no sense.

There is no "kid friendly" drag outfits, they are costumes for adult entertainment, that's what they are. And you refuse to answer the question, why do they insist on targeting children? Stop it with the deflections and just give me one good reason to do that.

DeaDPo0L84

i like how Colin Moriarty went apeshit on his podcast on monday about this shit.
I don't really follow fucking drama especially cancerous twitter related. But this is pretty fucked up.
a fucking furry/brony making you lose your job just wow :messenger_beaming:

Imagine telling your friends/family you lost your job, they respond:

"Oh no, were they having layoffs or going out of business?"

"No, a guy who dresses up as a cartoon pony is mad I'm excited about a videogame"

Last edited:
Exactly, the point is to groom children into normalising it. They just don't want to say that out loud. ;)
Fuck this man.. you need to put a dress on and some make-up and grow the fuck up. You are connecting the wrong dots here dude. Having zero tolerance, and not letting your kids know that the world is full of all different kinds of different and wonderful people is a totally different thing to arguing about the sexualization of children, people giving hormones to children who are not old enough to have even experienced having a broken heart and forcing children to decide their sexual identity at a pubescent age really is not the same as a man in a dress.

You are coming off like the worst kind of biggot and irrational human being. What you are saying is no better than saying "Smoking weed will make you a krack head in a month"
Don't confuse issues.

Did your parents ever kiss in front of you? Did you ever accidently see something you shouldnt when you were kid? A child is probably more affected by that shit than a kid meeting a friendly nice person in drag.

What I am trying to get across.. is love man.. love people. Teaching children to accept all the different wonderful people in the world is not the same as this purple pony dude saying a 14 year-old should be able to get their junk chopped off and enjoy sex with an adult.. these two things are not the same.

Dont let these woke mother fuckers make you intolerant.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
There is a gulf of difference between Drag Queens and Cross Dressers. The latter has very particular history and connotations. No reason to ever have a drag queen read to children nor would I ever want my child to be in the same room as one. It is like comparing a normal gay man to one who prances around the streets in assless chaps. Sure you are smart enough to figure out the difference.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I don't need to have children to have a morality framework. Why do they target children and read to them in get up meant for adult entertainment? Just answer me that.
"target" "get up meant for adult entertainment" lol listen to yourself making shit up to suit your fucked up agenda and you don't even have kids so you haven't a fucking clue, kids don't see this as anything other than fun, the only person I see sexualising it is you m8, oh aye sure some far left liberal cunts maybe went a bit too far in California or whatever but in the rest of the same world this is viewed by parents who aren't raving lunatics as nothing but harmless fun and the kids love it

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This is a poor attempt at deflection, I don't know how the conversation got here, but now that we are here, answer the question: why do these people in get up meant for adult entertainment target children? It's not to read to them, because if they were it would not be in that get up. Answer.

It's people dressed up in gear meant for adult entertainment and they are specifically targeting children. It's simple, just answer me why they need to be in their adult entertainment get up to read to them instead of deflecting.
ST9CpZa.jpg

Look at this sexy man in his adult sexy gear targeting our children with his adult stories of jack and the beanstalk and that other classic adult story Cinderella and the ugly sisters... Won't somebody think of poor Azzuros imaginary children...

Are you kidding me? Most are the adult versions in current year. Come the fuck on.

From Hamburger Mary's to every gay club or diner with a drag stage in most major cities.

Been to several, had a great time since the comedy was actually pretty good. But for kids, hell the F no.
Holy shit this just jogged a memory in my brain. My friends and I once went to a Hamburger Mary's in St. Louis thinking it was just a burger place. It was not.

Any further statement from Lynne or an indication of when there'll be an interview about this?
No, but I think if she's smart she'll answer the most relevant questions on her own in a video on you tube or twitter, and not be used by either the woke gaming press or the anti woke gaming press. She's a community manager, so I'm hoping and expecting that she'll handle this a little better than most people who people try to cancel. It's wise for her to take her time and not make any mistakes. An update to this story will still be worth talking about whenever it happens.

cormack12

Gold Member
Any further statement from Lynne or an indication of when there'll be an interview about this?
Waiting for it. She said she will bring an outlet in but doesn't want to be a for/against pawn in the culture war. Probably doing some research into the offers. Hopefully she goes with Colin.

This is bizarre. They really fired someone because they felt uncomfortable with the potential risks associated with trans people using the women’s bathroom and because they are excited for Harry Potter?

I’m not sure I want to support LRG if that’s how they are going to treat people. Seems fucked up.

TexMex

About what you’d expect from a statement. More curious about the round of podcast interviews but I’m sure we know all we need to about this already.

rkofan87

Gold Member

About what you’d expect from a statement. More curious about the round of podcast interviews but I’m sure we know all we need to about this already.

how she did throw doug and the other guy under the bus makes me like kara even more to me doug and the other guy are still cucks.

This thread shows there needs to be a new barrier to entry to accessing the internet, so that not just anyone can use it. Like in the 90s and start of the 2000s.

This thread shows there needs to be a new barrier to entry to accessing the internet, so that not just anyone can use it. Like in the 90s and start of the 2000s.

I unironically agree. This terrible culture started when your normie 56 year old neighbour bought an iphone and discovered snarky left wing /ultra conspiratorial right wing politics that week.

Late 90s internet could be horrible but at least we were all nerds and knew it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I unironically agree. This terrible culture started when your normie 56 year old neighbour bought an iphone and discovered snarky left wing /ultra conspiratorial right wing politics that week.

Late 90s internet could be horrible but at least we were all nerds and knew it.
It's when Tumblr degenerates got smartphones and all the interconnectivity of social apps.

Top Bottom