• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tesla has built the worlds 5th most powerful super computer.

CloudNull

Banned
-This supercomputer is a precursor to their ‘dojo’ supercomputer
-Built for prototyping and testing theories/prototype algorithms
-End goal is to have AI in self driving cars that do not use any form of radar and instead use vision tech only
-Many Tesla cars are already building the dataset that will train this supercomputer

And this is one of the many reasons why I think Tesla is undervalued while everyone else says it’s over valued.

Mod of War Mod of War or EviLore EviLore

Can you please edit the title to ‘5th most powerful’ instead of ‘5th largest’

Last edited:

NoviDon

These companies trying to make breakthrough advancements in AI and computings are flying to close to the sun, in favor of the holy dollar. Skynet is upon us. Mark my words.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
-This supercomputer is a precursor to their ‘dojo’ supercomputer
-Built for prototyping and testing theories/prototype algorithms
-End goal is to have AI in self driving cars that do not use any form of radar and instead use vision tech only
-Many Tesla cars are already building the dataset that will train this supercomputer

And this is one of the many reasons why I think Tesla is undervalued while everyone else says it’s over valued.

Mod of War Mod of War or EviLore EviLore

Can you please edit the title to ‘5th most powerful’ instead of ‘5th largest’

This is the best way to do it, pure computer vision. Ask some Waymonauts* how their lidar infested car is doing; not good.

* the word “Waymonauts” still makes me chuckle. I love trolling some acquaintances when I see them. “Here comes the Waymonaut”. KEK

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
These companies trying to make breakthrough advancements in AI and computings are flying to close to the sun, in favor of the holy dollar. Skynet is upon us. Mark my words.
terminator GIF

it truly is scary where we might be in 10 years but it’s also very exciting to think what the more likely outcome is..... this tech could revolutionize the world.

Also this has gotten me thinking. This has not been something that was thought up over night and makes me wonder if this is why Musk was so adamant about creating the AI security council. Dude is worried about his creation getting out of control.

Last edited:

NoviDon

terminator GIF

it truly is scary where we might be in 10 years but it’s also very exciting to think what the more likely outcome is..... this tech could revolutionize the world.

Also this has gotten me thinking. This has not been something that was thought up over night and makes me wonder if this is why Musk was so adamant about creating the AI security council. Dude is worried about his creation getting out of control.
yeah not only him but other people in the tech field were making a big fuss about the risks of unrestrained AI and how it would become God-like intelligent in short period of time. And if there isn't an built in empathy or desire to coexist with humans they would just see us as a resource wasting inefficiency and "phase us out" to put it lightly. Doesn't matter what cute little council of big headed virgins elon rounds together, as long as china and russia are trying to get ahead and put a big middle finger to regulations and ethics we are screws regardless.

If a bunch of mouth breathing mommas boys sitting in a basement typing on cum stained keyboards can hack corporations and hold them for ransom, and shut down piplines leaving the whole US east coast without gas for weeks, what the fuck could a super intelligent artificial intelligence, with no regard for human life, only to get better and better, do?

CloudNull

Banned
yeah not only him but other people in the tech field were making a big fuss about the risks of unrestrained AI and how it would become God-like intelligent in short period of time. And if there isn't an built in empathy or desire to coexist with humans they would just see us as a resource wasting inefficiency and "phase us out" to put it lightly. Doesn't matter what cute little council of big headed virgins elon rounds together, as long as china and russia are trying to get ahead and put a big middle finger to regulations and ethics we are screws regardless.
You had me here:

but

Lost me here:
If a bunch of mouth breathing mommas boys sitting in a basement typing on cum stained keyboards can hack corporations and hold them for ransom, and shut down piplines leaving the whole US east coast without gas for weeks, what the fuck could a super intelligent artificial intelligence, with no regard for human life, only to get better and better, do?

First paragraph is legit and some great points. This would be similar to the world body that keeps the nuclear weapons in check.... it’s a massive weaving of policy and arrangements that are over my head which I prefer not to discuss.

Hopefully the world will have some form of regulating AI development within ethical realms to which most of the world confirms to. It won’t be perfect but good enough to keep the world spinning.

Second paragraph is a bit disingenuous. The Pipeline was developed in a time when the world had no idea what a computer was. Systems duct tape on top of each other are always destined to fail.

This comity has been formed before the world has even seen the first true AI. Hopefully this type of awareness can prevent the world from making many mistakes that happened in the past when we built new technologies.

Last edited:

NoviDon

You had me here:

but

Lost me here:

First paragraph is legit and some great points. This would be similar to the world body that keeps the nuclear weapons in check.... it’s a massive weaving of policy and arrangements that are over my head which I prefer not to discuss.

Hopefully the world will have some form of regulating AI development within ethical realms to which most of the world confirms to. It won’t be perfect hit enough to keep the world spinning.

Second paragraph is a bit disingenuous. The Pipeline was developed in a time when the world had no idea what a computer was. Systems duct tape on top of each other are always destined to fail.

This comity has been formed before the world has even seen the first true AI. Hopefully this type of awareness can prevent the world from making many mistakes that happened in the past when we built new technologies.
Oh cmon, the pipeline maybe wasnt the best example, but the point still stands. If humans can hack servers and computer networks owned by billion dollar corporations, an AI thats inconceivably intelligent with access to the internet could do insane damage. It not like it would come out stomping like godzilla, letting itself be known. It would spread and duplicate itself into billions of devices and networks ecosystems, before hatching an attack that would come so swift we would have no time to really understand what is going on, or how to fight it. You would'nt know who to trust, because the AI would mimic the voices of people you know, and video broadcast would be compromised with deepfakes way beyond the tech available now. everything has smart technology built into them, and the factories are becoming increasingly automated. what would stop an AI from taking the technology in a samsung refrigerator or something and engineering a weapon out of it? even the trucks that transport these product are becoming automated... not saying its a super sound idea, just spitballing here.

I have nowhere near the level of optimism you have that humans will figure it out when its time. We don't even know how covid jumped from animals to humans, theres theories that it can from a lab, or from a bat to a pangolin to eventually a human, or from an exotic wet foods market. And we will likely never know and figure out how to prevent it from happening again, because China doesn't want to air out its dirty laundry and have to put forth money and resources to keep them and the rest of the world safe.

The first cases of the virus were popping up months before chinese new years, and the ccp knew, but swept it under the rug. AI and Automation are the future, and china knows this and wants a controlling hand in every microchip sold(and failing miserably, for now): CCP wants to own everything, you don't think they wouldn't do the same thing they did with covid? They would wait until its too late, and cry for help after ignoring the warnings from the arrogant west.

Doesn't matter how cautious and safe we are, in our globalized 1st world countries, if some country is developing some kind of super AI out of greed and doesn't care what some council has to say, we are fucked. period. There's no outsmarting something that's been giving agency to grow and become thousands of times smarter than the smartest people on the planet combined, and can reroute and find solutions to problems you cause it in milliseconds.

Cyberpunkd

I agree. I think all the legacy car manufacturers are still in the mindset 'car first, computer second', whereas for Tesla it's clearly 'computer first, car second', which gives you a lot of possibilities when it comes to upgrades and pushing forward.

P.S. Was this the reason the stock went 5% yesterday?

Last edited:
I always laughed at that scene in T3 where the Terminatorix takes over the Police cars and drives them remotely. If the movie was made today, that scene would be a 100% believable.

Ulysses 31

terminator GIF

It will be more sinister than a Terminator scenario at first, corporate AI very accurately prediction what you wanna watch, eat, drink, etc. and likely even influencing you into doing things like Amazon sending stuff to your door before you even thought of ordering it.

CloudNull

Banned
Guy who hacked PS3 George Hotz and someone, I don't know. Who do this sort of system by the name of Comma Ai.
That’s a really cool project that I was unaware of. Thanks for sharing.

Fundamentally the projects seem to have different end goals but I love that the project is 100% open source.

Maybe when Tesla has built dojo and they have a more robust dataset they will let other programs use the dataset which in turn could move the open source market forward immensely.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
It will be more sinister than a Terminator scenario at first, corporate AI very accurately prediction what you wanna watch, eat, drink, etc. and likely even influencing you into doing things like Amazon sending stuff to your door before you even thought of ordering it.

It’s already happening btw. A branch of advertising technologies is now focusing on making your purchases seem “organic” because the conversion loop is already too good.

Dr.Morris79

terminator GIF

Dont get carried away. We'll have Johnny cabs... thats about it.

NBLZGOU.gif

Top Bottom