• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version |OT| - Donder quest for the rhythm legacy (device)

Shinriji

Got my platinum yesterday.

But I'm not going to finish the mission mode. Two Oni Level 8 songs back to back? Ura Oni songs? nope.gif

Aizo

Banned
I hardly play because the two trophies I've had left for a while are the Sachiko related ones in Mission mode. Is it not as horrible as it seems to me to level up to that point? I never want to do it to fight Sachiko, because it seems like a grind. Maybe I just suck? Maybe I wouldn't even be able to beat her.

Shinriji

I hardly play because the two trophies I've had left for a while are the Sachiko related ones in Mission mode. Is it not as horrible as it seems to me to level up to that point? I never want to do it to fight Sachiko, because it seems like a grind. Maybe I just suck? Maybe I wouldn't even be able to beat her.

The Sachiko fight isn't hard, if you can beat some muzukashii songs, you can beat her. With the right equipment and Don-chan costume, you can beat her without much effort. The thing is that experimenting with different builds and costumes is time consuming. There some general tips for mission mode, and some OP costumes that can make your life easier.

Aizo

Banned
There some general tips for mission mode, and some OP costumes that can make your life easier.
Give me the tips! I've been so close to the platinum for months, but I just don't want to grind out the experience that will allow me to unlock the sachiko fight. I'm only like 2段 or some shit. The missions that would give me a reasonable amount of xp are stupid. I can play like 7 star oni songs, but playing them and getting crazy scores or combos on them are completely different things.

Shinriji

Give me the tips! I've been so close to the platinum for months, but I just don't want to grind out the experience that will allow me to unlock the sachiko fight. I'm only like 2段 or some shit. The missions that would give me a reasonable amount of xp are stupid. I can play like 7 star oni songs, but playing them and getting crazy scores or combos on them are completely different things.

- My main build is a heavy (D/E grade - Swords and armor) Don-chan and a lighter Maple (S/A total weight grade - fists and light armor).
- Exploiting elemental affinity is necessary. Only a few monsters haven't a clear elemental weakness.
- If you fail a song because the song ends and the boss is alive, but your health is still good, you can put lighter armor.
- For the most part, I used the God Eater duo for special attacks. They improve damage and critical hit rate.

Aizo

Banned
And those tips carry over into playing these crazy hard missions to get xp, or did you grind a specific one over and over?

Shinriji

Are you replaying cleared missions for rare drops? If you do that, the grind will be more manageable. But yes, there was times that I needed to replay 4-5 times a stage for the xp requirements for harder missions.

Popular Song Pack 8 just dropped. We should be hearing some results from the second poll soon, too.

What they ended up doing with Silent Jealousy's charts is pretty cool. The normal chart is basically "what Kurenai is" while the Ura chart is "what Kurenai felt like". The base chart really is more or less Kurenai 2, same difficulty and everything. And I think the pretty complex streams in its Ura definitely captured the feeling of playing Kurenai when I was at 6/7 star level and couldn't wrap my head around dddkkk streams lol. I do think they should've maybe made the patterns you play during the verses a bit more difficult, though. The Oni chart's are easier than that of Kurenai, while the Ura's are about the same difficulty. A particularly memorable Taiko moment for me was finally figuring out the "d k ddk d kd dk" pattern and how cool I felt when I could pull it off, lol. So I think giving them a more difficult verse pattern would do a good job of capturing that feeling. I guess I have a lot to say about this track in particular because Kurenai was a particularly significant chart for me, lol.
oh and it has 1408 notes btw, just 6 off of the #1 spot lol

Wish I had good advice to offer in regard to leveling up in Donder Quest. Finding a single mission you can beat quickly to grind is probably the fastest, but idk, not having fun doesn't sound worth it to me. Do you think maybe replaying some quests on a higher difficulty level than you did before would be manageable? That sounds more interesting to me.

Shinriji

So I finally changed to Type B config after years of playing Type A on PSP and WiiU, and after some adjusting, I git gud and reached 40 oni songs cleared, also FC some of them. Unfortunately, no rewards besides the stamp. Thanks Namco.

Also, I unlocked the final Sachiko fight on Mission Mode.

Senbonzakura oni? OK. Sachi Sachi ni shite ageru Ura Oni, level 10? nope.gif

Aizo

Banned
Ahh. So your advice pushed me to start up V and go to mission mode. I just had to grind for one level. I guess I just stopped at a really bad spot, because after I leveled up, I unlocked missions that were much easier with much greater xp. I also switched to my strongest weapon and armor, and I had zero issues. Unlocked the Sachiko fight, beat it easily, and got my last two trophies. I now understand why you all didn't make it seem like a big deal to do that, because it's really not hard. I just stopped at a bad spot.

So I discovered this by downloading some demos on my Singapore PSN account on the Vita and holy shit I need this. I don't see the DLC listed on Singapore PSN though so I'm wondering how to get the songs like My soul your beats and Tutti.

So I discovered this by downloading some demos on my Singapore PSN account on the Vita and holy shit I need this. I don't see the DLC listed on Singapore PSN though so I'm wondering how to get the songs like My soul your beats and Tutti.

The DLC is only accessible through the game itself, for some reason. Also, take caution that the Chinese version (which I assume is what is on Singapore PSN) has different DLC that drops a number of licensed songs (specifically a lot of J-Pop and anime ones) in favor of C-Pop. You can see the difference here.

The DLC is only accessible through the game itself, for some reason. Also, take caution that the Chinese version (which I assume is what is on Singapore PSN) has different DLC that drops a number of licensed songs (specifically a lot of J-Pop and anime ones) in favor of C-Pop. You can see the difference here.

Thanks. Looks like Tutti is JP only. Hmmm. Is the game not available digitally on PSN in Asia? I only see the demo but no way to buy it digitally. Import = expensive for physical.

batrush

The Im@s Must games and a free Music Clips app are up on the JP PSN store. Bonus PSV themes if you buy before 01/12.

Downloading the red album now. I will get the blue sometime down the road.

Not sure about 600 in particular, but Ura Senbonzakura has pretty consistently been the easiest song to get you the high combo stamps. I forget what the star ranking is exactly, probably 8 or 9, but it's a pretty moderate pace and none of the patterns are too tough. It's just long.

Already paid off my order for both versions of Must Songs because I'm a chump so hopefully I'll be able to make time for that amidst all the other games coming out recently.

Shinriji

Not sure about 600 in particular, but Ura Senbonzakura has pretty consistently been the easiest song to get you the high combo stamps. I forget what the star ranking is exactly, probably 8 or 9, but it's a pretty moderate pace and none of the patterns are too tough. It's just long..

Can't do it. :(

Digital Mole Oni has exactly 603 notes, and it's not that hard, but I always choke somewhere near the end. Guess that I should go for it until I get it.

Aizo

Banned
The Im@s Must games and a free Music Clips app are up on the JP PSN store. Bonus PSV themes if you buy before 01/12.

Downloading the red album now. I will get the blue sometime down the road.

So can you not get the themes if you buy physical? My girlfriend and I are buying the games for each other for Christmas.

Can't do it. :(

Digital Mole Oni has exactly 603 notes, and it's not that hard, but I always choke somewhere near the end. Guess that I should go for it until I get it.

Here's a listing of all songs with max combo 600 or greater. Further down on the page it has highest max combo for each difficulty level. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any filter by game, but hopefully you can pick out some tracks that are in V Version.

It seems that FCing a 7 star like Senbonzakura or To Make the End of Battle may be your best bet.

Shinriji

Got it.

闇の魔法少女 on Hard have 630 notes. FC that and stamp get.

Too bad this stamp won't unlock anything. I think that I should buy the rest of the DLC for new costumes.

Results of the Falcom poll as well as the first set of poll winners have been posted.

Seize the Day from Tokyo Xanadu took first place and will be offered for free in February, while Gin no Ishi Super Arrange Version from Sora no Kiseki SC and Soaring Through the Melancholy Skies from Gurumin got 2nd and 3rd and will be included in song packs March or later.

The first two picks from the poll are in the Namco Original category and are Hurtling Boys (included in next month's song pack) and Ao no Senritsu (included in February's song pack). They're going to announce more winners in other categories over time, including more Namco Originals.

Lastly, through a collaboration with The Asterisk War, its opening theme, Brand-new World, will be available to download for free next month. Guess we're not getting the contents of the January song pack until later, though.

oops, evidently i jumped the gun with my last post, lol. Here's January's DLC!

Popular Song Pack 9
1/7/16, 500 yen

Anime:
Kaisei Joushou Hallelujah (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA (Dragon Ball Z)

Game Music:
Soulcalibur V The Invincible Blade

Namco Original:
Hurtling Boys
Marionette Pure (new NO with the same writer and singer as Sacred Ruin and Kokushin Chronicle)

what a fucking weird pack lol

How many more months of DLC are planned?

good question, lol. The earliest I can see it ending is whenever the next 3DS game comes out (June or July), but PSP DX got about 2 years of DLC so that's possible too. But we have no idea.

well i finally managed to clear joubutsu 2000 and ura hatsune miku no shoushitsu but

Zy1q0gR.jpg

goddamn, lol

i was even nailing the rapid d ddk k section and feeling like i had a really good run i couldn't match again. i've gotten close on both ura xa and MM but i'm still not confident i'll be able to clear them any time soon.

charlie dash, donkama, and yuugen are another story though, lol. and i'm sure that fucking chaos time will be one of the poll winners so i'll preemptively add that to the list

Shinriji

well i finally managed to clear joubutsu 2000 and ura hatsune miku no shoushitsu but

goddamn, lol

i was even nailing the rapid d ddk k section and feeling like i had a really good run i couldn't match again. i've gotten close on both ura xa and MM but i'm still not confident i'll be able to clear them any time soon.

charlie dash, donkama, and yuugen are another story though, lol. and i'm sure that fucking chaos time will be one of the poll winners so i'll preemptively add that to the list

You are the hero Taiko deserves, congrats. Hatsune miku no Gekishou PSP DX is the only 10 stars song that I can clear.

You are the hero Taiko deserves, congrats. Hatsune miku no Gekishou PSP DX is the only 10 stars song that I can clear.

see, this is super funny to me because oni gekishou (not even ura) is the only song in PSPDX i couldn't clear, lol. the 1/16 same color streams are just too fast for me.

though this post inspired me to go back to PSPDX and try again and i was just barely able to clear it, lol. it seems like it's only a bit faster than necrofantasia's 1/16 section, so i wonder why i have so much trouble with it.

I've been playing so poorly as of late. Maybe it's the season, but my hands are feeling lazy.

i think climate really affects taiko on pad more than any rhythm game i know, considering how many fast actions from a single finger it requires. definitely try to keep it warm when you play, both for the sake of playing better and for preventing carpal tunnel

oh wow i almost forgot lol

It's funny to see the first two licensed 10 star tracks, Daddy Mulk and Kaisei Joushou Hallelujah, compared to modern equivalents like Ura Gimme Choco or Ura Silent Jealousy. According to Taiko Wiki, Hallelujah was even considered the hardest chart in the game at the time. Guess that's 10 years' difference for you, lol.

I also seem to have already forgotten how damn tricky Hurtling Boys is, lol. I expected it to be around the same difficulty as some of the other upper level 2013 championship tracks like Calculator and Debstep but only got, like, 2 or 3 bars above clear.

Shinriji

see, this is super funny to me because oni gekishou (not even ura) is the only song in PSPDX i couldn't clear, lol. the 1/16 same color streams are just too fast for me.

though this post inspired me to go back to PSPDX and try again and i was just barely able to clear it, lol. it seems like it's only a bit faster than necrofantasia's 1/16 section, so i wonder why i have so much trouble with it.

Congrats. It is kinda hard to go back to PSP DX after the vita version. The ghosting of my PSP2000 plus the lower resolution makes the game more difficult that it really is. Also, V version tracklist is so much better than DX and Donder Quest is better than the Sengoku thing on DX.

I only miss some of the backgrounds, customization and characters that are missing on V Version.

Free promo track Brand-new World should be available starting today, in addition to a look at February's DLC:

Popular Song Pack 10
2/4/14, 500 yen

Anime:
Raise your flag (Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS)
database feat. TAKUMA(10-FEET) (Log Horizon)

Game Music:
Synchronicity (Synchronica)

Variety:
Eikyoku/Gyouan (Touhou Project x Namco Sounds)

Namco Original:
Ao no Senritsu

No new poll results this month, but Seize the Day from Tokyo Xanadu, the winner of the Falcom poll, will be available for free the same day Song Pack 10 releases.

Additionally, I'm sure a few people here have seen it since it seems to be making the rounds, but if you're having trouble clearing Yuugen, consider allowing a robot to demonstrate its superiority.

batrush

Made some good progress this weekend. I'm nearly done with the 9 star tracks across the base game + DLC packs and I finally cleared my first 10 star song lol (ネクロファンタジア).

If you've almost cleared all 9 stars, then you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a hold on 10 star tracks. Player difficulty ranking consensus puts quite a few 9 star charts above some 10 stars. Meanwhile I'm still a bar away from clearing Ura Xa with no progress to speak of, lol

btw, idk if anyone here has any experience with Vita grip cases? Having played a bunch of the Wii U versions with Classic Controller Pro lately, I've been feeling pretty cramped on Vita by comparison.

If you've almost cleared all 9 stars, then you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a hold on 10 star tracks. Player difficulty ranking consensus puts quite a few 9 star charts above some 10 stars. Meanwhile I'm still a bar away from clearing Ura Xa with no progress to speak of, lol

btw, idk if anyone here has any experience with Vita grip cases? Having played a bunch of the Wii U versions with Classic Controller Pro lately, I've been feeling pretty cramped on Vita by comparison.

I swear by the cheapo official PDP grip. It provides just enough grip that the Vita doesn't dig into your hands.

(At least it used to be cheapo for the original model Vita...)

hell yeah hell yeah
okay this is wiiu3 but whatever theyre the same damn game!!

I swear by the cheapo official PDP grip. It provides just enough grip that the Vita doesn't dig into your hands.

(At least it used to be cheapo for the original model Vita...)

Yeah, it seems like decent grips for the 1000 are starting to become harder to come by. Guess I'll keep an eye out...

man... it sure would've been cool if, like... there was a way to play the game with a controller. maybe even on a big screen using a little box or something. that sure would be nice
bamco why

What is the best Taiko no Tatsujin series original song and why is it Hibike! Taiko no Tatsujin?

if its so good whys it locked to anispe

... seriously why is it locked to anispe

March DLC, featuring two more poll winning tracks!

Popular Song Pack 11
3/3/16, 500 yen

Anime:
talking (Subete ga F ni Naru THE PERFECT INSIDER)

Game Music:
Gin no Ishi Super Arrange Ver. (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC)

Variety:
Bad Apple!! feat. nomico (Touhou Project Arrange)

Namco Original:
Sotsuomeshiki
Shikou no Ran

Was under the impression we were getting both of the Falcom runner-ups this month, but whoa! Bad Apple and Shikou!

If you're still looking for a grip for the original Vita, this one which sold out very fast when it first released a month ago is back on preorder. http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh

Ah, thanks. I'm actually still waiting for another grip I ordered a week or two back, so I'm hoping I receive it and can decide whether I want a different one before that sells out.

Top Bottom