• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
My top 10 animu list would probably be something like this

5 Centimeters per Second
Baccano
Haibane Renmei
Kaiji
Kuuchuu Buranko
Mononoke
Only Yesterday
Planetes
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Usagi Drop

I guess I need to watch more older stuff

Never read Chimoguri Ringo so I'll check it out. Anything else so I can shoot it down and say it sucks/doesn't compare to PH?
Just pick random stuff from this thread

Dresden

When it's done being translated you should read Boys on the Run. It is a good thing and should be read more.

I'd go so far as to say it's probably one of the best Slice-of-life comics I've ever read.
Anything by Kengo Hanazawa is worth a read.
Never read Chimoguri Ringo so I'll check it out. Anything else so I can shoot it down and say it sucks/doesn't compare to PH?

Sounds like a pretty miserable mindset to take into this.

Just google 'manga' and chances are whatever that pops up will be better than PH.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anything by Kengo Hanezawa is worth a read.

Sounds like a pretty miserable mindset to take into this.

Just google 'manga' and chances are whatever that pops up will be better than PH.

I wasn't being serious. Sorry if it didn't come across as a jokey response. Anyway, I will check it out. Anything else?

Narag has the most remarkable endurance I have seen in this thread.

You don't know DTL or his schemes.

Clearly.

I'm just shocked that Guilty Crown is on that list. That show is so bad....
tumblr_m60vr0M91x1r4symdo1_500.gif

Thus says the one who has Pandora Hearts as the best manga

My top 10 animu list would probably be something like this

5 Centimeters per Second
Baccano
Haibane Renmei
Kaiji
Kuuchuu Buranko
Mononoke
Only Yesterday
Planetes
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Usagi Drop

I guess I need to watch more older stuff

So confusing of an anime. TTGL should have a stronger ending I think. Though Simon and Kamina were great and still memorable to this day. Best bros.

Now for some actual anime.

Chocolate 04

kCapq.gif

I swear, this scene was only done to be gif and repeated everywhere.

Woo, more election talk. That's decent. And then sudden mood whiplash to bring down the series into its initial darker tone. It's pretty weird how easy this show just goes from everyone's having fun being in a club to boo bully time.

Looks like this along with Joshiraku is in some form delayed by the Olympics.

kayos90

In all honesty, Guilty Crown doesn't even belong on any list. The show is so horrendous that I would put it in its own isolated spot. Ugh...

survivor

Banned
So confusing of an anime. TTGL should have a stronger ending I think. Though Simon and Kamina were great and still memorable to this day. Best bros.

First 3 episodes really confused me. I tried to start the anime more than once and kept getting annoyed and confused, but once I stuck with it I was blown away

Okay, but I just read the premise and it already sounds underwhelming. I now have two to read. i'll give both 5 chapters each. Anything else?
Ping Pong
Takemitsu Zamurai
A Bride's Story
Velveteen & Mandala

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Baccano used a disjointed approach, it wasn't linear (well it was kinda linear but kinda not) but each episode grouped similar ideas together. It's the kinda thing that gets better with each viewing. Also Issac and Miria.

Dude, I can make a list of 20 reasons why Guilty Crown sucks and 3 reasons why Guilty Crown is awesome off the top of my head. This is usually a bad sign for me.

The reasons why it is awesome probably heavily outweighs the minute details that may slightly decrease some feelings of a bit of slight not bad reasons for lowering ones view on the overall experience of it. Guilty Crown had the things to make any action oriented anime awesome and it delivered on that in just a mere 22 episodes. Thats outstanding.

Dresden

I wasn't being serious. Sorry if it didn't come across as a jokey response. Anyway, I will check it out. Anything else?
Apologies if I sound like an ass about this; I'm just never sure if you're being serious or not.

There's a lot out there, but Ressentiment by Hanazawa might be a good start, especially considering the recent popularity of Sword Art Online.

kayos90

Those of yall giving me these recs, I wonder if you guys really know my tastes or stuff.

Apologies if I sound like an ass about this; I'm just never sure if you're being serious or not.

There's a lot out there, but Ressentiment by Hanazawa might be a good start, especially considering the recent popularity of Sword Art Online.

No, it's totally cool. It was my fault anyway.

cajunator

Banned
My (current) top 10

Haibane Renmei
Kino's Journey
Twelve Kingdoms
Cardcaptor Sakura
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Escaflowne
Utena
You're Under Arrest
Code Geass
Chihayafuru

This is tentative of course.

kayos90

The reasons why it is awesome probably heavily outweighs the minute details that may slightly decrease some feelings of a bit of slight not bad reasons for lowering ones view on the overall experience of it. Guilty Crown had the things to make any action oriented anime awesome and it delivered on that in just a mere 22 episodes. Thats outstanding.

Meh, so we agree to disagree.

survivor

Banned
Those of yall giving me these recs, I wonder if you guys really know my tastes or stuff.
Well you could give us a list of like 5-10 manga you really like so it will make it easier to give recommendations.

My (current) top 10

Haibane Renmei
Kino's Journey
Twelve Kingdoms
Cardcaptor Sakura
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Escaflowne
Utena
You're Under Arrest
Code Geass
Chihayafuru

This is tentative of course.
Didn't know you liked Chihayafuru that much

cajunator

Banned
DVD? What is this???? At least 720p or nothing!

I agree, when blurays are available, which K-ON does have BLurays.
I like them because you can't scratch the damned things. they are super durable.
A lot of stuff still comes out on DVD though, like Panty and Stocking, so I just buy that version. Better than nothing.

I like them because you can't scratch the damned things. they are super durable.
A lot of stuff still comes out on DVD though, like Panty and Stocking, so I just buy that version. Better than nothing.

Yeah, but when a large draw of the series is the Visuals (Like K-ON) you have to get that HD, son!

kayos90

Manga series I enjoy and/or hold in high esteem off the top of my head right now:

Pandora Hearts
Eureka Seven
Last Game
Special A

jbug617

Banned

I was going to buy it on bluray but Bandai put it on 4 volumes and it would cost $80 to own them all. I only paid $23 to own the whole season on dvd.

Baccano used a disjointed approach, it wasn't linear (well it was kinda linear but kinda not) but each episode grouped similar ideas together. It's the kinda thing that gets better with each viewing. Also Issac and Miria.

Have any other anime had that approach?

Firo Prochainezo was my favorite for the few episodes that I did watch.

cajunator

Banned
I was going to buy it on bluray but Bandai put it on 4 volumes and it would cost $80 to own them all. I only paid $23 to own the whole season on dvd.

The way I approach buying anime, I usually get like 200$ worth at a time, so its either go BLuray or don't get it at all. Unless as I said before its on DVD and thats it. A lot of boxsets now are actually DVD/Bluray combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom