• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad won't be the last game in the Arkham series, says DC Boss

Draugoth

Gold Member
resize

The news came after one fan wrote:

“Hey James, will the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League be the final game for the Arkham universe?”

To which Gunn replied:

“No plans of it being the last!”

Although Gunn’s reply has since been seemingly deleted, sources claim it is legit and it would also corroborate a previous statement made by the DC boss.

Again posted to Threads, Gunn was asked if DC games will continue to be based on the movies after the launch of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. He replied: "No way! I personally can’t wait for the game and hopefully more. I’m a fan!"

Source

usctrojan

if I was in charge, rocksteady would already be working on an "Arkham" game entirely set in the animated series universe and storylines

ungalo

It should have came back years ago.
I'm not sure, Rocksteady made 3 very good Batman games, it's fine.

But either way, Rocksteady probably changed a lot since Arkham Knight and not for the better. Founders left i think, probably other people in lead positions. I might be pessimistic but they are as good as dead at this point. The studio we knew off i mean. Perhaps they will make good games again but we're not talking about the same thing.

RickMasters

You know what I’d really like?….. a batman collection made up of all the old 8bit and 16bit games. Similar to that turtles cowabunga collection. It would include all the NES, master system, PC engine, mega drive, snes, Amiga, mega CD and I’m sure there was a Batman arcade or two Game back in the day.

Put the lot in one collection and I’m in!

diffusionx

Gold Member
Could very well be Rocksteady’s last game though considering they spent, what.. seven years on this thing and it has all the writings of a bomb of thermonuclear proportions.
noooo people are really upset about the leaks, everyone is clamoring to know what happens between the "shoot at purple blobs" bits

Remember when James Gunn hyped up Ben Affleck as some sort of architect of his new universe who is just dying to direct only for Affleck to come out later and basically say “lol no fucking chance”?

James Gunn just says stuff. If he’s that off on his own movie verse we really think he’s dead on with gaming? We’ll probably have a new DC head in like 2-3 years honestly

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
They should have made a sequel to origins about Batman locking villains in Arkham for the first time

Top Bottom