• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer was bullied for playing Hogwarts to the point where his girlfriend was crying

Toots

Gold Member
On one hand, this is vile behaviour and some bans need to be dished out.

On the other hand, who the fuck cries because some random person on the Internet, almost certainly not using their real name and living in their mum's basement said something nasty?
Exactly this.
Not condoning stupid trolls actions, but the "i was bullied so hard that someone else cried" is so lame and childish.
Res should (and does in this case) ipsa loquitur you don't have to be dramatic.

GymWolf

Some people really need to have a fucking life outside of their parents's shed.

But crying over cyber bulling? You need ticker skin to do this "job".

The average dude probably earn less than them playing fucking videogames and get bullied for real, not from behind a screen.

076.png

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
What was being said in the chat that made her cry?

I have no idea what they could say that would upset them - everyone knew that the game was mired in controversy and that some would be upset if people were promoting it. Seems like they made a choice and could have made the comments stop by playing something else if it was too rough for them. I assume nobody was forcing them to play it.

Majukun

People feel entitled to do the most assholish things or worse when they think they are on the "right side"
Not dissimiliar by all those slaughters done in the name of a loving god

GymWolf

Wait so people who want everyone to be treated with respect and all that jazz have made a site that basically doxxes Streamers who play this game so that other self righteous people can attack them and treat them with respect and all that jazz.
Or is there a part of this im missing?

How do they not see the Irony in this?
Reeee literally banned everything about the game and they still have huge advertisements in the background, these people doesn't get irony like normal people do.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

They announced the stream in advance, people said they didn't like it, but the stream went ahead and the streamers got upset when people told them they didn't like it again.

If you can't cope with criticism, pay attention when people let you know they don't approve or perhaps look for a different way to pay the rent.

Luckily there are many, many games to play.

Fuck around and find out, I guess.

anthony2690

Banned

They announced the stream in advance, people said they didn't like it, but the stream went ahead and the streamers got upset when people told them they didn't like it again.

If you can't cope with criticism, pay attention when people let you know they don't approve or perhaps look for a different way to pay the rent.

You do know they stream to more people than just the twitter cancel mob right?

Plus you look at the comments and it's literally non trans people acting offended on behalf off trans people, this could've been a nice donation revenue towards a trans charity.

I feel like people acting angry and offended on behalf of the trans community and bullying others for enjoying a videogame are actively setting people's acceptance of trans people back and doing more damage than good for the community they claim they wish to protect.

the_master

So today I learned it's okay to bully and harass people if you're trans, you get a free bully pass 🤷‍♂️

Honestly I can't even comprehend how they can treat others this way.

If you don't like something, ignore it.
Most people bullying or harassing streamers are probably not trans. I do not think this is the fault of trans people, it is the fault of bullies and society for not making them understand that bullying is not acceptable.

GymWolf

Call me a bad, insensitive man but i fucking laugh at all the people who are playing and donating to that trevor thing.
Everyone who does this is basically saying that jK is a terf bitch and playing the game harm the trans community and they need to do something about it, it feels performative AF because they don't have the balls to say "jk said nothing wrong", they are quietly enabling the hate on jk

Sorry but this shit is hilarious, you don't fucking need to raise money for nothing, this is just another fucking videogame that harm no one except mentally ill mongoloids.

If you are that pure of a soul then raise money for every game you play, not only one.

Last edited:
What was being said in the chat that made her cry?

I have no idea what they could say that would upset them - everyone knew that the game was mired in controversy and that some would be upset if people were promoting it. Seems like they made a choice and could have made the comments stop by playing something else if it was too rough for them. I assume nobody was forcing them to play it.
sounds like PR to grab some clout while hype is hot ngl.

PeteBull

Most people bullying or harassing streamers are probably not trans. I do not think this is the fault of trans people, it is the fault of bullies and society for not making them understand that bullying is not acceptable.
U would be surprised how many of the woke "allies" are just straight white guys trying to get into womens panties(ofc with 0 results, its the internet lol;p), and how many others just feel pleasure at bulling other ppl online- coz they too pussy to try to do anything irl (bulling is awfull in general, and ofc real life bulling is sign of extreme evilness and cowardice, same like online bulling).

When some1 bullies other person irl they can get beaten up or even go to jail for it, here they found streamer who cares about it(very likely coz it cuts into his revenue stream, altho i watched the guys youtube content and its amazing so would be shame if he gets cancelled over silly stuff like that).

They prolly some dip shit who works a HR job or something, You know the type you can't talk when within their presence.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
You do know they stream to more people than just the twitter cancel mob right?

Plus you look at the comments and it's literally non trans people acting offended on behalf off trans people, this could've been a nice donation revenue towards a trans charity.

I feel like people acting angry and offended on behalf of the trans community and bullying others for enjoying a videogame are actively setting people's acceptance of trans people back and doing more damage than good for the community they claim they wish to protect.

I don't understand what you're reading into my post.

But to be clear, they announced the stream and got a reaction, didn't take the hint and then when more comments came in during the stream they couldn't handle it.

I'm not taking offence on behalf of anyone, nor am I triggered.

Seems like a pretty clear cut case of "these are the consequences of your actions." In this instance they got a pretty clear warning of what was likely to happen, ignored it, did something they absolutely did not have to do, and then burst into tears because some people said some mean things in the chat box.

Stuart360

From what I've seen most trans people just want to live their lives and be left alone to do so. The whole thing is nuts.
Most of the trans people i have seen online are buying and playing this game, and they said it themselves.
As usual with this SJW stuff, its not the trans themselves on the whole doing this bullshit, its the blue haired Twitter mob who have delusions of grandeur and think they are the worlds gatekeepers.

Negatorus

Neo Member
Most of the trans people i have seen online are buying and playing this game, and they said it themselves.
As usual with this SJW stuff, its not the trans themselves on the whole doing this bullshit, its the blue haired Twitter mob who have delusions of grandeur and think they are the worlds gatekeepers.
It's the activists as usual, I have had conversations with a few trans people in the past few months and they are embarrassed by the activists more than anything.
Be kind.
Be better.
Be a decent human being.
Exactly, I treat everyone with kindness.

Stuart360

At the end of the day the game is seemingly going to be a huge seller, streamers are playing the game, viewership is big for a lot of these streams.

The people have spoken, the masses have spoken, and this will hurt the loony mob to their core, and remind them how ineffective they really are.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

At the end of the day the game is seemingly going to be a huge seller, streamers are playing the game, viewership is big for a lot of these streams.

The people have spoken, the masses have spoken, and this will hurt the loony mob to their core, and remind them how ineffective they really are.
A critical and commercial success.
Suck it, Woke-tards.

Boss Mog

So they're gonna give money to the very people that are harassing and tormenting them. Good call...:pie_eyeroll:

These people are actually worse than the bullies because they enable their bullshit by kowtowing to them instead of telling these degenerates to kindly go fuck themselves.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
So they're gonna give money to the very people that are harassing and tormenting them. Good call...:pie_eyeroll:

These people are actually worse than the bullies because they enable their bullshit by kowtowing to them instead of telling these degenerates to kindly go fuck themselves.

Yeah, that collection feels like an admission of guilt, doesn't it? It's like* they're acknowledging the potential for harm that JKR could/does cause trans people. so when they promote her products they feel compelled to try and offset the bad feeling they know they're causing by shaking a collection tin around.

EDIT:

It's not LIKE they're acknowledging the harm, they ARE acknowledging it.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned

But to be clear, they announced the stream and got a reaction, didn't take the hint and then when more comments came in during the stream they couldn't handle it.

I'm not taking offence on behalf of anyone, nor am I triggered.

Seems like a pretty clear cut case of "these are the consequences of your actions." In this instance they got a pretty clear warning of what was likely to happen, ignored it, did something they absolutely did not have to do, and then burst into tears because some people said some mean things in the chat box.

I didn't say you personally, unless you're one of these people bullying/harassing others for playing/enjoying Hogwarts Legacy. 🤷‍♂️

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

I didn't say you personally, unless you're one of these people bullying/harassing others for playing/enjoying Hogwarts Legacy. 🤷‍♂️

It's like you're acknowledging my post, but not any of the words I said. I'm not sure why you replied to me that's what I don't understand.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
hdJ7azj.png

"If you know this and willingly purchase or promote this game, you are indirectly funding a genocide" Never bend to them, these people are insane.
Mmmh do we know if miss Rowling has a PayPal account? Or maybe a Patreon? :lollipop_content:

anthony2690

Banned
It's like you're acknowledging my post, but not any of the words I said. I'm not sure why you replied to me that's what I don't understand.
Mr Reasonable:
"They announced the stream in advance, people said they didn't like it, but the stream went ahead and the streamers got upset when people told them they didn't like it again."

anthony2690
"You do know they stream to more people than just the twitter cancel mob right?"

The rest of my comment was written after looking at the linked tweets and the replies, a lot of the people responding are not even trans and just hassling them on behalf of the trans community, no point making two separate posts, when I can write it all in one.

Girlfriend reviews are pretty big on YouTube and get millions upon millions of viewers (no idea about twitch as I don't really watch them/twitch streamers, but have caught the odd YouTube video here and there in the past)

& Like many other streamers or YouTubers do you think their entire fanbase resides on twitter?

Unfortunately the people harassing people for playing Hogwarts are overly vocal and unpleasant.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Mr Reasonable:
"They announced the stream in advance, people said they didn't like it, but the stream went ahead and the streamers got upset when people told them they didn't like it again."

anthony2690
"You do know they stream to more people than just the twitter cancel mob right?"

The rest of my comment was written after looking at the linked tweets and the replies, a lot of the people responding are not even trans and just hassling them on behalf of the trans community, no point making two separate posts, when I can write it all in one.

Girlfriend reviews are pretty big on YouTube and get millions upon millions of viewers (no idea about twitch as I don't really watch them but have caught the odd YouTube video here and there in the past)

& Like many other streamers or YouTubers do you think their entire fanbase resides on twitter?

Unfortunately the people harassing people for playing Hogwarts are overly vocal and unpleasant.

I didn't say that every person viewing their streams would be part of the "twitter cancel mob" at any point though, I don't think anyone in the world would think their entire audience was made up of trans people or cisgender activists, which is what you apparently were reading into my post, that's what I didn't understand.

anthony2690

Banned
I didn't say that every person viewing their streams would be part of the "twitter cancel mob" at any point though, I don't think anyone in the world would think their entire audience was made up of trans people or cisgender activists, which is what you apparently were reading into my post, that's what I didn't understand.
You literally say fuck around and find out.

You point out they put the feelers out about the streaming Hogwarts Legacy, a few of twitter crazies are like nah dawg that ain't a good idea or whatever.

But they have a much bigger audience than just the people that responded with their displeasure.

I'm honestly struggling to grasp what you're finding so difficult to understand.

But I guess the completely unreasonable tag checks out 😉

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
You literally say fuck around and find out.

You point out they put the feelers out about the streaming Hogwarts Legacy, a few of twitter crazies are like nah dawg that ain't a good idea or whatever.

But they have a much bigger audience than just the people that responded with their displeasure.

I'm honestly struggling to grasp what you're finding so difficult to understand.

But I guess the completely unreasonable tag checks out 😉

I don't understand what you don't understand?!

I said it was obvious they'd get a bad reaction from the announcement onwards and you seem to be saying that just because some people wouldn't care that it would make negative reactions disappear? Is that it? That's not how it works.

If you post something dislikable around here like "Games consoles peaked with the Atari 2600" and a couple of people agree, that won't make all the replies saying "Nope, PS5 is the best" and "dis gon Be Good gifs" disappear.

If I say to you "if you go ahead with your plan to post how the Atari 2600 is the best console ever and all the others are trash you're definitely going to get people saying that other consoles were and are better." You'll reply "No, some people like the Atari 2600" and it won't make sense. That's what's happened here, as I understand it.

Last edited:

Mozza

New age bullying.

It’s fine for folks who want to boycott the game because they hate the author.

It’s not fine to harass others over a videogame.

Edit: Furthermore, I will not listen to a bunch of chuds decrying my lack of morals or some shit over Hogwart’s Legacy while they rock Overwatch avatars (fuck Hong Kong apparently) and play on their Nintendo Switches (fuck the Uighurs apparently).
That's the extreme left for you, always quick to point out lack of inclusivity and people not taking their issues seriously, while at the same time totally ignoring any opinion that they do not agree with. Seriously, you could not make any of this up if you tried.

Last edited:
Top Bottom