• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer was bullied for playing Hogwarts to the point where his girlfriend was crying

-Zelda-

Banned
I'll be livestreaming mine to youtube once I have it. I don't have a voice, so I will not be the chat, not that I will have that window up on the right. Wonder how many are going to hate watch me despite me not being able to see their posts, and them not hear me?

Kacho

Actual dysphoric people are not numerous enough to do this kind of damage. You do have a larger number than that of non-dysphoric people who are commiting to transitioning anyway. Then you have a whole fucking lot who know better than to do anything irreversible to their body but claim trans or queer for funsies. Then "allies" make up the majority. This is all what I can glean from numbers that are all over the place, at least. That and experience.
I wonder what the split is between trans men and trans women. Just through casual observation it seems trans women are disproportionately more common than trans men, and the former are generally the ones making waves.

Crayon

I wonder what the split is between trans men and trans women. Just through casual observation it seems trans women are disproportionately more common than trans men, and the former are generally the ones making waves.

Most i've seen suggests that the explosion in trans/queer identified people is trans men, or female to male transition. Trans women are the focus. I think because the trans men are skewing much younger. Perhaps also because female to male cases of dysphoria were historicly very very rare so it's more of an eyebrow-raiser.

Deerock71

Woman crying over this is just reinforcing gender stereotypes.
Son Of A Bitch Arnold GIF by Ben L

-Zelda-

Banned
I just subbed to their channel at youtube. This whole thing is weird to me. Like, I really REALLY hate TLOU part 2, but you know what I DON'T do? Hate/troll/harrass the developers or fans of the game. They have theirs, and I have mine.

Last edited:

Yoboman

I've been watching some someone stream while I'm working, funny thing is there is a transperson in the game. The dialogue in the game is pretty PC too.
The ironic thing is that if LGBTQ people weren't already going after it because of JK Rowling, then the chuds definitely would be going after it for how woke the writing and characters are

cormack12

Gold Member
I thought these were cancelled a while ago? For making fun of the Deathloop game dev or summat

the-office-dwight-schrute.gif

Lazy bastards can't even remember who they've cancelled these days.

nush

I thought these were cancelled a while ago? For making fun of the Deathloop game dev or summat

the-office-dwight-schrute.gif

Lazy bastards can't even remember who they've cancelled these days.

There was something even older than that were she said some "Wongthink" comment in a livestream and they all turned on her. This is at least the third cancellation.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Seriously, how fucking petty do you have to be to create a website or tracker to do this to people?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
From a pragmatic point of view, I really have to wonder what these people think they are accomplishing. They aren't helping trans people, they're playing a villain for trans critical folks to hate on, and shouting over any more reasonable/persuasive discourse that could be helping the cause.

I think there is a real conversation to be had about supporting problematic creators who continue to profit from their works, but you won't win anyone over with bullying.

NickFire

From a pragmatic point of view, I really have to wonder what these people think they are accomplishing. They aren't helping trans people, they're playing a villain for trans critical folks to hate on, and shouting over any more reasonable/persuasive discourse that could be helping the cause.

I think there is a real conversation to be had about supporting problematic creators who continue to profit from their works, but you won't win anyone over with bullying.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...s-brain-perceives-subordinating-others-reward

Also - never try to rationalize crazy.

When JKR was a radical third wave feminist and talking shit about men, so men's rights groups sat out the front of movie cinemas and attacked the people going in to watch the film. They didn't attack people for reading the books.

There is a positive in that these extreme bigots show their vile and evil personalities for everyone to see.
This is your Ree

cormack12

Gold Member

zIzLCqhlvjOyw7le_uoxFkWGknU=.gif

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
David Jaffe was just bullied too.
I'm shedding no tears since he's one of them, as in he's woke as fuck. He was telling people who didn't like Forsaken they were racist sexists.

It comes full circle. I don't believe in karma but in this case you can say karma is a bitch.

If you lie with the dogs you're going to get fleas.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

I like them a lot but watch them protect their abuser next week for clout.

That tracking website is nazi germany level discusting.

This is what happens when you dont stop insanity.

Yes tracking who plays a video game is on the same level as forcing people from their homes and marching them into prisons camps to murder them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes tracking who plays a video game is on the same level as forcing people from their homes and marching them into prisons camps to murder them.
If Germany/Russia had the internet prior to the Nazi's/Commie's gaining power and marching people into camps, it would have started in the same vein. Easiest way to accomplish your goal is to get your neighbors to turn on you/each other.

Last edited:

They've been pandered to and apologised to by some of the biggest corporations on earth, by some of the most famous actors, singers, athletes, by other celebrities, and everyone of them has fawned all over them, has acted with deference and craven cowardice, so, naturally, they've become emboldened and are now demanding near total obedience.
If you dare step out of line, if you question anything, no matter how absurd it might appear, you are to be hounded relentlessly, you'll be labelled a bigot, a (insert)phobe, a Nazi, you'll be doxxed, you may well lose your sponsors, your job etc...

All because you don't immediately buckle under and parrot the approved narrative.

In reality, this, of course, only works on a select few...but they are often highly visible and therefore attract attention and thus these groups gain disproportionate amounts of attention, and therefore power.
It's group think on steroids, and there can never be any free thinking, no questioning is allowed, and no nuance exists.

It is labelled as progressive, as liberated, but is really just plain old fascism.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
lol crying over text chat.
Should just ignore them, set chat to subscribers only for a bit and if people go so far as to pay to continue sending stupid messages then all the beYup.
Though I think they have a special hate for her because instead of backing down and apologizing she has doubled down and sort of become a spokesperson against these looneys.

It's doubly funny because before that Tweet many of the people loosing their minds over others playing this game used to love her. She was championed when she revealed Dumbledore was Gay, she was a hero when she tried to pretend she totally didn't envision Hermione as being white. But as it's always the case with this crowd, you can agree with them on 99% of things, but have one opinion that's "problematic" and you are the enemy
Yeah I think this is spot on. She’s pretty progressive but not quite progressive enough, so they thought they could browbeat her into submission and watch her grovel and beg for their approval.

It’s like a video game in itself for these people.

Plus she did the worst thing possible: she tried to reason with the woke mob and present a nuanced argument that was sympathetic to trans people but still distinguishes them from biological women.

Once you try to reason with them, man, they fucking smell blood and go into a frenzy.

I really do know it's petty, and I know I don't really gain anything by it, but I'm buying this tonight just to say fuck you to these clowns (and a little bit because it looks good, but it would be even better in three months at half price).

My own crusade against full price games (which really only consists of me not buying them) feels less important than supporting this game in the face of complete idiocy.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is that Girlfriend Reviews ?

ffs .. stop being dicks to people on stream trying to make a living.

Crayon

The real danger is building an audience of these people. What if she's crying because she's having visions of getting a job because of the fallout over this?

Probly most online personalities have a fear of being cancelled somewhere in them. Look at jenna marbles. She didn't get cancelled but had a nervous breakdown waiting for it to happen and left her youtube channel. One of the most successful ever.

ikbalCO

No, but much like putting arm bands on jewish people; it's a start.

It is called a metaphor. You should look it up.

Helps you not to read everything textual.

Peace ✌️

KungFucius

King Snowflake
New age bullying.

It’s fine for folks who want to boycott the game because they hate the author.

It’s not fine to harass others over a videogame.

Edit: Furthermore, I will not listen to a bunch of chuds decrying my lack of morals or some shit over Hogwart’s Legacy while they rock Overwatch avatars (fuck Hong Kong apparently) and play on their Nintendo Switches (fuck the Uighurs apparently).
What the fuck do the Uighurs have to do with the Switch? getting the cheapest manufacturing deal on the open market does not remotely signal support for the government where that company is headquartered nor does buying it. This whataboutism is just as bad as this antiPotter shit.

realcool

they're only bullying people who are, at the very least, sympathetic to their cause and are, at most, more than likely an ally of theirs. so, in that spirit, I WISH THEM CONTINUED SUCCESS!

Pilgrimzero

No, but much like putting arm bands on jewish people; it's a start.

It is called a metaphor. You should look it up.

Helps you not to read everything textual.

Peace ✌️
It's still not like that at all. It's a video game. At most people will get hurt feelings. It's not subjecting someone to being 2nd class citizens for abuse and murder.

Crayon

they're only bullying people who are, at the very least, sympathetic to their cause and are, at most, more than likely an ally of theirs. so, in that spirit, I WISH THEM CONTINUED SUCCESS!

That's so true. People on the team are way more vulnerable to the bullying. One only has to look at how the cancellees who don't appologize get off the hook easiest. The ones who appologize have to hope the appology is accepted and lay low for awhile.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ron: It feels strange to be listening to these little people cry.

Harry: They are not people… not really…

I can think of a meaner version with JK Rowling saying : They are not women… not really.. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom