• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

rofif

Banned
Dear god. I just got the motivation suit. And I thought prototype planet diving suit was my fav.
I’ve taken like 100 screenshots after reaching atelier. Switched to graphics mode for it too. It looks so much better.
I am kinda angry at myself for not playing in graphics mode all the way though. It plays just fine after initial shock :p
Anyway. Just reached the part after that.
40 hours in. Ocean maid outfit took good 3 hours from that :p
I can’t imagine I’ve seen some complaints about length.

Nothing from the trailers is cut off from this game. It’s all here. No downgrades at all. I am really surprised because 2021 trailer looked too good to be true.

What a fantastic game. Btw I am playing it with Korean vo.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
How do I reach this ladder on a vertical bus in the desert????

I can jump on the bus but it won’t let me grab the ladder

I believe this is the one near the Opera House where you drop down from a rest area that’s attached to the building. If that’s the case then you are looking at the exit and not the entrance. There is another way to the top where you will fight an optional boss tied to a quest. After the boss you can either jump down or climb down safely to the area.

To get there you will need to jump across several buildings. One traversal is a wall run between buildings and another is to walk across these bent girders between buildings with a gap in the middle.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I believe this is the one near the Opera House where you drop down from a rest area that’s attached to the building. If that’s the case then you are looking at the exit and not the entrance. There is another way to the top where you will fight an optional boss tied to a quest. After the boss you can either jump down or climb down safely to the area.

To get there you will need to jump across several buildings. One traversal is a wall run between buildings and another is to walk across these bent girders between buildings with a gap in the middle.

Thanks - how do I get up to the top of the buildings to traverse this area? I keep looking and cannot find it

Is the bus area the exact opposite of where I need to be?

Last edited:
I was honestly thinking that Adam may have the worst voice actor in the history of video games and then the people of Xion said hold my beer. WTF…is some of this voice acting AI generated or something? Feels off. Nonetheless, I’m having a blast with the game thus far. Ready to get the hell out of Xion though. This place gives me the creeps.

Haven't played much for a while but jumping back in now. Just up to going to Matrix 11. But God damn I must be a dumb dumb because I can't work out this second wisdom puzzle and I don't want to move on until I work it out. And I don't want to look it up either. Got the first one pretty easily but can't see a pattern here at all.

rofif

Banned
I was honestly thinking that Adam may have the worst voice actor in the history of video games and then the people of Xion said hold my beer. WTF…is some of this voice acting AI generated or something? Feels off. Nonetheless, I’m having a blast with the game thus far. Ready to get the hell out of Xion though. This place gives me the creeps.
With sekiro, everyone understood to play in Japanese.
Why are people not playing this in Korean?!
Korean vo is good and developer intent evident by trailers being in Korean

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
lol still there? Good luck wraping it up :D

Im not rushing it, i stopped playing a bit, because of no rest for the wicked and hades 2, but gonna play more soon

Yeah Im not rushing it either because its that good. I was lucky to pause myself at a comfy place in Fallout 4, but then I discovered the godliness of Hi Fi Rush and re discovered Ghostwire. Im fucked. Videogames.

Atrus

Gold Member
Thanks - how do I get up to the top of the buildings to traverse this area? I keep looking and cannot find it

Is the bus area the exact opposite of where I need to be?

There is a Legion Camp (mini rest area) nearby in the middle of the buildings on the ground. If you look up, there are two buildings with long curved girders that you will need to cross mid-air. There is a giant “Daily Grind” sign you will wall run across to one of the buildings with the girders so the camp is near that area.

At the rest area, look for a giant red arrow sign about 5 o clock from the direction you’re facing when you sit. The red arrow points you around the corner to another bus (horizontal this time) with a ladder and a pink neon arrow pointing up.

Follow the remaining arrows and ramps across buildings.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
There is a Legion Camp (mini rest area) nearby in the middle of the buildings on the ground. If you look up, there are two buildings with long curved girders that you will need to cross mid-air. There is a giant “Daily Grind” sign you will wall run across to one of the buildings with the girders so the camp is near that area.

At the rest area, look for a giant red arrow sign about 5 o clock from the direction you’re facing when you sit. The red arrow points you around the corner to another bus (horizontal this time) with a ladder and a pink neon arrow pointing up.

Follow the remaining arrows and ramps across buildings.

Thanks found it!

Markio128

I haven’t been able to play for a few days, so I’ll be continuing this weekend. I’m currently part way through Eidos 9.

rofif

Banned
I can’t believe that one whole area was secret. It’s a big level with some cool stuff. Especially the visuals at the end. I’ve taken tons of screenshots there.

Zimmy68

Just finished Matrix 11 and wanted to clean up some side missions before continuing.
What is the deal with turning off the map on earlier areas? Makes no sense.
It tells me to go to a hideout somewhere in the entire level. I have to play whack a mole to pick an area that is hopefully close by.

With sekiro, everyone understood to play in Japanese.
Why are people not playing this in Korean?!
Korean vo is good and developer intent evident by trailers being in Korean
I knew going into the game that Korean was the preferred voice over language, but wanted to give English a try. I actually don't mind Eve's English voice over, but yeah...everything else is pretty bad. Korean is definitely the way to go.

Aenima

Just finished Matrix 11 and wanted to clean up some side missions before continuing.
What is the deal with turning off the map on earlier areas? Makes no sense.
It tells me to go to a hideout somewhere in the entire level. I have to play whack a mole to pick an area that is hopefully close by.
The only places that use a map is the open areas and the city. The linear zones never had a map. If you have a side quest for a linear zone, just select it and use the drone radar you can see how far or close you are from the objective. You can just teleport to a closer checkpoint. Usually the side quest description tells you where the objective is located.

Last edited:

Aenima

Finished, the last boss was a bit underwhelming but it's probably because i chose the umm...good ending??!
Yeah thers 2 diferent final bosses depending of the choice you make in the end. Already fought both and yeah, one feels more like a proper final boss fight than the other.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah thers 2 diferent final bosses depending of the choice you make in the end. Already fought both and yeah, one feels more like a proper final boss fight than the other.
Well it was worth to piss off mother sphere and see the special costume you get when you chose the good ending.

rofif

Banned
Well it was worth to piss off mother sphere and see the special costume you get when you chose the good ending.
Is the choice an obvious one? I don't want to spoil myself but also miss anything.
I just finished Eidos 9. I can't believe they made that area optional and missable. That was a great level. Especially the garden. So many sexy screenshots lol.
Just stepped into snow area. It's so spectacular

GymWolf

Is the choice an obvious one? I don't want to spoil myself but also miss anything.
I just finished Eidos 9. I can't believe they made that area optional and missable. That was a great level. Especially the garden. So many sexy screenshots lol.
Just stepped into snow area. It's so spectacular
It's not obvious when you have to chose but it become obvious after you chose and see what happen, at least it seemed obvious to me for how the story was going.

But i'm not even sure if what i chose is the good ending tbh.

Last edited:

Aenima

Yeah, my 1st ending was the other one against the other boss. Im now doing a speed run for the 3rd ending as i already collected all the outfits except i think i missed one color variant or 2 in the previous 2 runs.

Its funny you can completly skip the wastelands and the desert areas when you just following the main objective. I dont even fixed the solar tower to activate the checkpoints. So while i spent a good 15 to 20 hours exploring the wastelands in my 1st run to try find everything on my own, now that im just rushing to the next main objective i just spent like 5 minutes in this area, that was the time to travel on foot to enter the next zone.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
It's not obvious when you have to chose but it become obvious after you chose and see what happen, at least it seemed obvious to me for how the story was going.

But i'm not even sure if what i chose is the good ending tbh.
Should I possibly look it up or just go with it ?
I only by accident learned that this mission I've talked about was optional. Happy I got it just playing without knowing it

rofif

Banned
Btw. Some sexy screenshots from kinda late game. A bit spoiler outfits and areas
zzoDEBv.jpeg

S5yeJkm.jpeg

t7aYYvj.jpeg

CayLndA.jpeg

AOrrvwA.jpeg

beVbXdW.jpeg

lol chill EVE !
I9T55yf.jpeg

SSfox

This game is too good, could be my goty 2024 with Tekken 8, hard choice between those 2 atm, but i'm Tekken fanboy so i'll likely go with T8 (and the game is really good the best since T5 and maybe my favorite FG since PS2 era), but SB is a freaking masterpiece of its kind.

ssringo

I only by accident learned that this mission I've talked about was optional. Happy I got it just playing without knowing it
the choice should be obvious if you've been paying attention (and remember) what's going on with the story, documents, etc. However it's not exactly clear what is going to happen after you make the choice which just makes it not obvious.

No actual details in the spoiler above but it can tip you off to which is the "correct/good" choice while leaving you in the dark about what the choice is until you get there.

Last edited:
So im towards the end, and clearly should switch my spines out for this boss thats kicking my ass - but... i cant upgrade anywhere?

I can no longer travel, and Lilly is... preoccupied and the camp here doesnt have a workbench.. I've fucked myself

ssringo

So im towards the end, and clearly should switch my spines out for this boss thats kicking my ass - but... i cant upgrade anywhere?

I can no longer travel, and Lilly is... preoccupied and the camp here doesnt have a workbench.. I've fucked myself
Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

It's a rough one. I had upgraded everything at that point so it didn't register with me that you're kinda stuck with what you got. Hope you at least have the defensive stuff (it helps a lot).

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

It's a rough one. I had upgraded everything at that point so it didn't register with me that you're kinda stuck with what you got. Hope you at least have the defensive stuff (it helps a lot).
I upgraded everything I was using effectively - but I clearly need to change up my build. She's rocked me 3-4 dozen times now - except i can no longer upgrade a new build.. Lilly is RIGHT THERE HELP ME OUT DAMNIT

Eiknarf

Ok
44 hours and I completed it

Not sure which ending I chose, but ill choose the other in NG+

This game is pretty ambitious!! It’s long (if you want it to be) but didn’t feel it at all

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The Encounter quest is bugged. So can't complete all the quests until they fix it. Think I'm just going to finish the game and move on, I'm not waiting around. So far I think it's a solid game, but not much more than that. There's things I like a lot about it and things I really don't like about it.

ssringo

I upgraded everything I was using effectively - but I clearly need to change up my build. She's rocked me 3-4 dozen times now - except i can no longer upgrade a new build.. Lilly is RIGHT THERE HELP ME OUT DAMNIT
Try using protection spine (even un-upgraded it gives good damage reduction) and reflex spines (hopefully you upgraded that one because it's so good...) then the 2 best melee protection and shield enhancement gears you have. If nothing else it'll give you more time to get used to the fight before keeling over. Also, if you haven't figured it out, don't bother with L1+Square.

It's a definitely hard skill and/or build check so

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Having a blast with this game! Lies of P was my 2023 game of the year and at times I get similar vibes playing Stellar Blade. Both games have great combat with heavy reliance on perfect parrying, awesome soundtrack (can change music playing on record players in safe houses), annoying sidekicks, and both have beautiful female protagonists :)

GymWolf

The choice is kinda tricky because the right option kinda seems like the wrong option, it also depend how do you feel about certain characters and the whole plot.

Edit: why the empathy reaction tho? :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
The choice is kinda tricky because the right option kinda seems like the wrong option, it also depend how do you feel about certain characters and the whole plot.

Edit: why the empathy reaction tho? :lollipop_squinting:
empathy because the choice is tricky to me too and I don't even know it yet.
Ok I will ask differently.

Since I've (unknowingly) did 100% of everything so far and played through the optional level, I wan to go for complete playthrough. So that in ng+ I can ignore side quests and get the other ending (if it depends on that).
Assuming there is accept/yet or no/refuse at the end, which do I pick to get most complete and canon playthrough

Last edited:

GymWolf

empathy because the choice is tricky to me too and I don't even know it yet.
Ok I will ask differently.

Since I've (unknowingly) did 100% of everything so far and played through the optional level, I wan to go for complete playthrough. So that in ng+ I can ignore side quests and get the other ending (if it depends on that).
Assuming there is accept/yet or no/refuse at the end, which do I pick to get most complete and canon playthrough
For the good ending and nice costume you chose yes, for the better boss fight you chose no.(not sure if you get a special costume if you say no)

I don't know what is considered canon.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yo rofif rofif i'm reading around that there is a third finale that is really the good ending, you have to do all the sidequests and have high affinity with lily and chose yes at the end.

Top Bottom