• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade has climbed to #1 pre-order in both PS Store and Amazon (US)

Klayzer

Not true first party so it doesn’t count

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Content, content, and content. It doesn't matter where or who makes it. The Playstation platform just continues to get it.

Crayon

I bet its forbiden to even create a tread about the game there

Mods trying not to end up with it banned completely. But if you posted this thread you would get banned because it sounds celebratory and the info is uncomfortable.

Someone posted that headline from Spain (iirc) what said the portal outsold Xbox and they were banned for trolling. For some reason, perhaps due to overlap in social media behaviors, Microsoft is very popular there.

Mods trying not to end up with it banned completely. But if you posted this thread you would get banned because it sounds celebratory and the info is uncomfortable.

Someone posted that headline from Spain (iirc) what said the portal outsold Xbox and they were banned for trolling. For some reason, perhaps due to overlap in social media behaviors, Microsoft is very popular there.
At least one of the purple insane mods is an Xbox Ambassador, that forum is basically an Xbox marketing forum LMAO

But the mods saw what happened with Hogwarts Legacy, they now know that banning games makes them sell more due to Streisand Effect so they are very unwilling even though the usual insane posters there obviously want it

Crayon

At least one of the purple insane mods is an Xbox Ambassador, that forum is basically an Xbox marketing forum LMAO

But the mods saw what happened with Hogwarts Legacy, they now know that banning games makes them sell more due to Streisand Effect so they are very unwilling even though the usual insane posters there obviously want it

And cyberpunk. I don't think they are as concerned with the game's success as they are about losing users over it. If you are there to talk games, and a huge game everyone is talking about gets banned, it hard not to go shopping around for other communities.

Madflavor

Yeah, not gonna deny the fact that Era mods are acting like shit with all of this, but it's still not banned like Hogwarts Legacy.

If they're going to ban people over something like that, they might as well ban Stellar Blade discussion in general.

Pejo

My PS5 isn't even working right now but I pre-ordered anyways, and will double dip when it comes to PC.

Also, I should really look at fixing my PS5.

Bkdk

shift up and stellar babes will send ninja theory straight to hell! The clips comparing the gap in character designs will be juicy, hopefully the ninja theory employees are already looking for new jobs!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope this game is a huge hit so we can get more games like this. You know, games with beautiful women.

Screw the woke bullshit devs that make their women characters like men on purpose because we all know why.
But we are already getting plenty of Asian games with attractive characters design this year alone….
ZWdD2mjkduQVfYPCVMCgnLX_jcU9Dm1M2tEegBJ6i2dAFSwIp1_KonoCGKRU0bQioDnN8vIBinTm=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa
34kNWBUBoxqw3HSTaqZCvSZl9aOt3KSUNERQ9npwR_ysA1XeF4bbehZDagiknvv2wK5X3pVqsRuymQ=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa

Last edited:

yazenov

But we are already getting plenty of Asian games with attractive characters design this year alone….
ZWdD2mjkduQVfYPCVMCgnLX_jcU9Dm1M2tEegBJ6i2dAFSwIp1_KonoCGKRU0bQioDnN8vIBinTm=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa
34kNWBUBoxqw3HSTaqZCvSZl9aOt3KSUNERQ9npwR_ysA1XeF4bbehZDagiknvv2wK5X3pVqsRuymQ=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa

Correct. But I think this game has a much higher budget, exposure and marketing that the other smaller Asian games. And the main focus of the game is the sexy woman.

yazenov

Again this year alone....
narmaya-narumeia.gif
mitsuru-kirijo-persona-3-reload.gif
936E6BD427CF832B905FFE49540DECF11E547E96
18cce25b633e1b1.gif
W8sbHuESzgVND26R5dFluW3GvR1b2Xkualh38sn8g-KE5YIbI4kmR-hxwEc45BLV2B_zE4-tG86DWg=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa

Again, these are smaller titles and not the leading character where you play her till the end of the game.

Sure FF7 rebirth is huge, but Cloud is the main character. And that sexy beach scene is just 5 minutes of the gameplay out of 100 hours.

I don't get why it's hard to understand. I mean, when was the last time the woke Western game journalists got pissed by a game? Show me an example similar to Stellar blade where they have melt downs over twitter and Reee because of a sexy lead woman character? The scale is different from the example you've mentioned. They're not even in the same league.

Danjin44

Again, these are smaller titles and not the leading character where you play her till the end of the game.

Sure FF7 rebirth is huge, but Cloud is the main character. And that sexy beach scene is just 5 minutes of the gameplay out of 100 hours.

I don't get why it's hard to understand. I mean, when was the last time the woke Western game journalists got pissed by a game? Show me an example similar to Stellar blade where they have melt downs over twitter and Reee because of a sexy lead woman character? The scale is different from the example you've mentioned. They're not even in the same league.
zyt97QY.png

From same devs who made Unicron Overlord.

yazenov

Are you kidding me!? When that game came out there was huge meltdown over Sorceress's design.

As respond to Kotaku, Kamitani made joke by making this art....
dcdwarves.PNG

And journalists lost their mind over it.

What part of the main lead character do you not understand?

A game where you play the lead character for the entire game similarly to Tomb Raider, Horizon series and so forth. The whole game revolves around that person. Not some supporting character.

Your examples are different. Niche titles or games where the pretty women aren't the main focus character aka side characters.

Unicorn overlord? The main dude is a generic Prince where the story revolves around him. Different scale, different league, and not even remotely similar to Steller blade.

Last edited:

Madflavor

But even with AAA.....we just got FFVII Rebirth .
final-fantasy-7-rebirth-swim-suit-date-aerith-tifa.jpg

Asian devs never stopped making attractive characters in their games....AAA or not.
Again this year alone....
narmaya-narumeia.gif
mitsuru-kirijo-persona-3-reload.gif
936E6BD427CF832B905FFE49540DECF11E547E96
18cce25b633e1b1.gif
W8sbHuESzgVND26R5dFluW3GvR1b2Xkualh38sn8g-KE5YIbI4kmR-hxwEc45BLV2B_zE4-tG86DWg=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa

I'm not downplaying any of this, but Stellar Blade just has different energy. It's cool with me if you disagree, but at least understand that there's reasons why Eve has stirred up such a storm in the gaming sphere as opposed to the examples you've provided. This is a high budgeted game that Sony wanted to take a chance on and brought to their console as an exclusive. It features an overtly sexualized female lead. She's not a side character, or a section of a game that's supposed to be fan service. She's the lead, in a game with a serious tone that's meant to appeal to a wider audience, not just a niche one.

Danjin44

I'm not downplaying any of this, but Stellar Blade just has different energy. It's cool with me if you disagree, but at least understand that there's reasons why Eve has stirred up such a storm in the gaming sphere as opposed to the examples you've provided. This is a high budgeted game that Sony wanted to take a chance on and brought to their console as an exclusive. It features an overtly sexualized female lead. She's not a side character, or a section of a game that's supposed to be fan service. She's the lead, in a game with a serious tone that's meant to appeal to a wider audience, not just a niche one.
I think what you guys mean by that is its been looooong time since Sony themselves invest money on game that has attractive design and that I would agree with.

Guys, really no need to argue on this. I think the point is that we agree the problem is the west, where publishers/devs got hijacked by the DEI crap and forced to uglify characters. While the Asian devs have been able to stay out of those cesspool and following their aesthetics.

I do hope Stellar Blade to be a pioneer to start turning the table.

Danjin44

Guys, really no need to argue on this. I think the point is that we agree the problem is the west, where publishers/devs got hijacked by the DEI crap and forced to uglify characters. While the Asian devs have been able to stay out of those cesspool and following their aesthetics.

I do hope Stellar Blade to be a pioneer to start turning the table.
When it comes western gaming industry unfortunately thats not gonna change even if Stellar Blade becomes successful.

Nier Automata was very successful and it sold very well despite coming out in 2017 which was super busy year with high profile games coming out both from Sony and Nintendo....2B herself crossover in almost every game including western game like...

But Western devs almost stopped making attractive character in their games and I'm sorry Stellar Blade is not gonna change that.

Good news is Asian devs also not gonna stop having attractive characters in their game no matter how many times western Journalist go through meltdown.

Last edited:
Stellar Blade is receiving a lot of heat by the usual suspects simply because it's from a South Korean studio that has zero tolerance for feminism. South Korea in general is very conservative and frown upon modern Western "progressive" ideas, so this isn't surprising. I remember reading about a national poll being conducted on Western feminism that resulted in 70 percent of young men and half of the women that were polled calling it Female Supremacy.

Last edited:
I think Sony was genius to just not acknowledge the woke crybabies. The minute you cave and respond to them whether negatively or positively, you lose. Just don't give them attention like a spoiled child. They'll realize the crocodile tears aren't working eventually

Crayon

I think Sony was genius to just not acknowledge the woke crybabies. The minute you cave and respond to them whether negatively or positively, you lose. Just don't give them attention like a spoiled child. They'll realize the crocodile tears aren't working eventually

One thing they have going for them in this is that they've set the expectation that they don't respond to criticism in general.

When it comes western gaming industry unfortunately thats not gonna change even if Stellar Blade becomes successful.

Nier Automata was very successful and it sold very well despite coming out in 2017 which was super busy year with high profile games coming out both from Sony and Nintendo....2B herself crossover in almost every game including western game like...

But Western devs almost stopped making attractive character in their games and I'm sorry Stellar Blade is not gonna change that.

Good news is Asian devs also not gonna stop having attractive characters in their game no matter how many times western Journalist go through meltdown.

Yeah it's not gonna be an easy course as it requires the whole western culture to rehabilitate itself. But big change starts small, I hope success with Stellar Blade, there will be more successor seeing this route is profitable and sustainable. Not necessarily they all need to be all overly sexy, just go back to the normal fine taste of aesthetics, like Elizabeth in Bioshock, Elina in Uncharted, or the OG Lara.

eNT1TY

I wanna play it but not for $70, has an equal chance of being bargain bin 5 weeks after release for $30 or just plain sold out everywhere for the physical release. One of those scenarios would certainly allow me to play it earlier.

One thing they have going for them in this is that they've set the expectation that they don't respond to criticism in general.
I think Sony is pretty much divided - with Hermen Hulst running the PS studios and majority of them in the west, we can still expect a lot of DEI ESG craps from the first party.

But at the same time, we have good Japan guys to hold the line - it was Shuhei Yoshida himself greenlit Stellar Blade. Japanese devs still can see what make games fun and appealing to players. And that's why I am all on board for Sony to let Japanese to retake the leadership of Playstation.

Crayon

I think Sony is pretty much divided - with Hermen Hulst running the PS studios and majority of them in the west, we can still expect a lot of DEI ESG craps from the first party.

But at the same time, we have good Japan guys to hold the line - it was Shuhei Yoshida himself greenlit Stellar Blade. Japanese devs still can see what make games fun and appealing to players. And that's why I am all on board for Sony to let Japanese to retake the leadership of Playstation.

Maybe sb is sending a message to their own devs lol.

preorders really don't mean shit. Like only a few percent of gamers preorder games. It is not indicative of how it will do sales wise on release. People said the same thing about Hi-Fi Rush being #1 for like a day on the Playstation store. It didn't even crack the top 100 being played Playstation games when it came out last month

Stellar Blade is receiving a lot of heat by the usual suspects simply because it's from a South Korean studio that has zero tolerance for feminism. South Korea in general is very conservative and frown upon modern Western "progressive" ideas, so this isn't surprising. I remember reading about a national poll being conducted on Western feminism that resulted in 70 percent of young men and half of the women that were polled calling it Female Supremacy.
All Asian cultures are very conservative. Almost all the wokies in North America have never traveled outside of the US and probably aren't aware other countries even exist. Their heads would literally explode if they visited any Asian countries and tried to do their wokeshit there

Top Bottom