• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2023 |OT| June 29th - July 13th

MMaRsu

Banned
I bought that GTA definitive Edition. I'm about to return it because game will launch on my main monitor then automatically go to my secondary, 1080p monitor and won't revert back. Displays are extended and my 1440p monitor is set to main monitor. Rockstar got 24hrs to respond before I get my $30 UNITED MURICA DOLLARS BACK!

Game is an unmitigated disaster so not sure why u even bought it

MMaRsu

Banned
Because I was feeling nostalgia and didn't feel like hooking up my PS2. I also assumed they patched it to death like all the rest of these fraudulent games made today.
It's still absolute trash.

Just get the PC originals and use mods

or get the fan patches for the def edition

Game is an unmitigated disaster so not sure why u even bought it
There was a reverse engineering projecct of GTA3. I'm playing it at the moment and it's super stable running 120fps on my Steam Deck at 1080P. The Rev. Eng. project for Vice City was incomplete and buggy as far as I'm aware but I'm really having a blast with GTA3

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I tempted to buy halls of torment pc gaming and got me acting real bougie
I just tried the demo and got hooked. Seems worth the $4, but I love these kinds of games.

Pantz

Should have linked honest games like those instead of pretentious ones like Death Stranding.

AO (not sure if links would be ok):
-10% $9.89
header.jpg

-81% $0.37
header.jpg

Holammer

Did not spend much, but I already have games coming out of every orifice & pore. Probably most excited about Tiny Rogues & Mighty Goose.

New release I grabbed, it's cheap & plays alright.

Games I'm on the fence for.

This one is in Chinese only with Cantonese voices. It's apparently a really good VN with choices and an English translation should be in the works.

I keep hearing praise for this one.

graywolf323

Sale ends tomorrow. So, about 29 hours left to make any purchases if you're on the fence about something.
ugh the FOMO caught me and I‘ve officially spent way too much on this sale :messenger_downcast_sweat: I can’t afford to buy any more games for a couple months now (though I’ll make an exception for Sea of Stars)

edit: I should note I pre-ordered Baldur’s Gate 3 during the sale as well so that will last me until the fall releases start to drop

Last edited:

StueyDuck

So i need some real talk here!!!

KSP2 ? how is it now? (EDIT: Kerbal Space Program 2)

it was easily the most disappointing launch for me this year but has it gotten to a point worth buying?

I really can't wait for MP to be implemented but something tells me they aren't going to get that far if they aren't being supported, buuuuuuuut, they released hot shit at launch.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Three games for me but a pretty hefty price tag.

Trails into Reverie - the Ultimate Edition, at full price because I want to give the developer money.
Atelier Ryza 1 & 2 - half-off. AR3 had a smaller sale and just buying the first two seems (more than) far enough to dip my toes.

So I know many love this game and have waxed lyrical about it over the years but I only just got around to playing it and yeah, it's amazing...

I skipped this game during the PS3 generation because I didn't have a PC back then and the console version ran at 30FPS... I gotta say though, at $5 this game is an absolute bargain and runs at a buttery smooth solid 60 on the deck plus it's deck-verified.

Dare I say it's better than Mario Kart 8, or at least up there. The flying is sooooo good.

Last edited:

Stuart360

So I know many love this game and have waxed lyrical about it over the years but I only just got around to playing it and yeah, it's amazing...

I skipped this game during the PS3 generation because I didn't have a PC back then and the console version ran at 30FPS... I gotta say though, at $5 this game is an absolute bargain and runs at a buttery smooth solid 60 on the deck plus it's deck-verified.

Dare I say it's better than Mario Kart 8, or at least up there. The flying is sooooo good.
Probably the best kart racer ever imo, and i have played all the Mario Karts.
It still looks pretty great at 4k max settings too.

Such a shame they completely fucked up the next one in the series.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My pickups…

Loved the Weird West demo, and I’m curious To try the first person mod.

Evil West looks fun as hell.

Warhammer Boltgun looks badass, and is now unofficially Steam Deck Verified from the sounds of it.

Maybe next time…
Dying Light 2: Can be had cheaper on key sites
Callisto Protocol: Just looks fun to me. Melee and gun impact animations look good. I’m sure it’ll be cheaper come Halloween.

Antwix

My final haul :

Mark of the Ninja was just the $1 upgrade for the remastered version. Double dipped on streets of rogue lol. What a fun game.

EDIT: Oh, and I got the Cook, Serve, Delicious 1+2 bundle for $1 at fanatical

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Ngl, this was a very disappointing sale for me. I did not pick anything. Many games were 2x more costly than their lowest recorded price. WTH!

Didn’t buy anything which is great for me personally as I usually grab something.

Way too much coming out to justify spending anymore money at the moment personally.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reminder: just over two hours left in the sale. Buy now, or regret it later.

ssringo

Decided to make my final purchase of the sale the dock for my Deck. I know there are other, cheaper docks but would rather use the official one. I like and trust Valve so want to support directly.

And I mentioned this one earlier but wanted to give it a last minute recommendation because it's so good.

I put 60 hours into the game (one playthrough) since buying it early in the sale.

GHG

Got Ghostrunner and severed steel keys up for grabs.

First person to quote gets them. I'll let this sit for 48 hours, if not I'll put them on giveaways.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Got Ghostrunner and severed steel keys up for grabs.

First person to quote gets them. I'll let this sit for 48 hours, if not I'll put them on giveaways.
I'll gladly take the Ghostrunner one if still available, not really interested in Severed so feel free to give it to someone who actually want it.

Reactions: GHG

Midn1ght

PM sent. Enjoy, it's a brilliant game.
Thank you so much! Yes, Ghostrunner 2 trailer made me want to try it out.

Since we're into Giveaways, I have Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus keys currently up for grab in the Giveaways section. If anybody wanna try their luck, you still have a few days.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Gp1

Marvel Avengers
Wasteland 2-3
Pathfinder enhanced with all dlcs
MechWarrior 5
Final Fantasy XV and XII

A good sale after all.

Last edited:

yansolo

bought halls of torment, divinity original sin 2 and the 3 guild wars 2 expansions

some things i was on the fence about will have to wait till next time

Top Bottom