• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing the XB1 version for the last week, it's been a lot of fun.

Then again, aside from AC3, I've generally enjoyed the series.
Cool. I saw screens and videos and the attention to detail is staggering.
The combat mechanics look not comfortable for me though. A bit too passive/not direct enough.

But hey, the game has a lot else going for it.

eyeless

capcom patched out the code that allowed modders to previously make a splitscreen mod for resident evil 5, so now the mod doesn't work and it seems like it might not be possible to mod it again. there's a thread for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020139
would be cool if anyone who cared could post in the thread to give it some exposure to increase the chance they'll fix the game like they did for rev2. i was looking forward to playing it splitscreen with a friend, this is a pretty shitty situation.

image.php

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
We already know the REAL best looking PS2 game. Shame about those PC ports sitting in the Konami Vault for Silent Hill 2&3.

They look like they've barely aged a day when downsampled.

Okay, so there's some rough textures but the art really holds up and the PC refinements make it look even better.

MUnited83

For you.
I remember that PS2 Final Fantasy games have insane quality assets( like textures you can only see all the detail when emulating them at 1080p. Its crazy)

Terra_Ex

I swear, SH3's character models look better than most PS3 game character models, especially the faces.

Yeah, while I'd probably argue that Valkyrie Profile 2's visual aesthetic as a whole was the best of the PS2's offerings, the character models in the Silent Hill games were way ahead of their time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Khrno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khrno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-3BC79F40EC5669B7 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-E74710A6ED534341 - Taken by Sammichu. 5 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-E04BBE200DF744D7 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword -- MB-3A01F7A548E0F579 - Taken by 7Sins. 6 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-2808A996842D1D20

t1427844109z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I swear, SH3's character models look better than most PS3 game character models, especially the faces.
art > technology

PS360 was such a worthless generation
ehh, that's such a weird thing to say off a single gif from one game. yeah some ps2/gc games looked absolutely amazing, specially later in the generation (mgs3/vp2/sh3+4/ff12/re4) but let's not fool ourselves and say every ps2 game looked like sh3

and i mean look at the last of us for examples of amazing character craftmanship in ps3 generation, or ground zeroes or the crysis games or whatever

I just wish the story wasn't a bad fanfic though.
yup

the whole getting a ton of valkyries and having like lezard as a good guy is totally awesome but lezard's character is super lame and just compared to the epicness and the variety of characters of the first one, there's no comparison

What a step-down after State of Decay.

A F2P Pokemon. Shame.

But with SoD being a success I can imagine this just being a side project and a more ambituous game being in dev.

Their State of Decay MMO will no doubt be the same. Even though everyone just wants singleplayer, survival/RPG SoD, not generic fee-to-grind massively online SoD.

Deitus

yup

the whole getting a ton of valkyries and having like lezard as a good guy is totally awesome but lezard's character is super lame and just compared to the epicness and the variety of characters of the first one, there's no comparison

Huh? Lezard
wasn't a good guy in VP2, he was the main antagonist.

But yeah, the story in that game was dumb. I wasn't playing it for the story though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh? Lezard
wasn't a good guy in VP2, he was the main antagonist.

But yeah, the story in that game was dumb. I wasn't playing it for the story though.
yeah the way i put it was really dumb, sorry about that.

i meant to say he was part of your party from the beginning

is it too late for me gaf?
cZRhWfV.png

D:

lol if i showed that to my uncle and aunt they'd freak out. they're super religious. they would've genuinely got upset at me and would most likely tell my parents :3 ahh religious folks, its so fun to rile their jimmies.

iosefe

^i want that

Now that you remind me, Path of Exile is currently owning the PoE search result on Google.
Will Pillars ever take the spot?

maybe it's because Pillars of eternity is better and an Acronym?

a game so good, its full name deserves to be types out fully when mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom