• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Nope, didn't really know about it :l

I have not a PS2 anymore, anyway.

Do yourself a favor and get a disc off ebay and play it off PCSX2. The game upscales wonderfully. There's pics in my profile from my recent playthrough...

387E8DEA05997A1C931BEB098D41B65BFC7548AD
F7BD88294AE59BDA17BF2E8564CF02F8849EBF26
8697E72C90BF9D100F379E18F4DD5849EF129CA2
1D1E4A08549EA8396B7D0CD9FC14741CCC610318

DB2E2C7988A35033A28580ADAAC63442A85F27E0
4F01070EFE92B13D60562CC5D760476B0FF8A3DF
23442FCFA5C44BFBAC4CD0C9630F667F37C14311
ED42892DE19511C124B76A71861708DD1E5706B5

Milamber

It looks very good indeed. Is the plot better than Grandia 2?
Also, are there many side-quests?
I will leave my eyes opened and try to check if I manage to find a copy in a used market I'll go in April, last year I found Silent Hill 3 for 5€, may be the luck by my side.

Hmm... I'd say this is a bit more serious than 2. Way less puns for sure. I just love the flying and the battle system really.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Aquadelic GT -- MB-96C74A4BBF2ABD0D - Taken by Milamber

Jawmuncher

ibfazgwg1PSZmJ.png

Update

It's been a little while since the last update I posted in the thread, so I figured I'd update everyone as to where the VN is in terms of development~

Most of this month has been spent on outlining, writing and designing. The UI has gone through almost 25 different iterations if you count minor tweaks to the 6 different core designs I tried. Last week, I finally settled on the final UI core (which may still get some slight tweaks here and there) and introduced the menu system. Outlining currently sits at ~80%, with some loose ends that need figuring out. Writing wise, we're sitting at ~60% of the total script done in terms of content, but wordcount may vary.

I'm still using placeholder materials for portraits and backgrounds while I await word back from our awesome volunteers. I'm sorry it is taking so long, but they do great work and I hope you'll agree that the wait will make this slightly less of a horrible thing! That said, here's a little gif showing off the final UI and the in-game menu system, which is an analog for Zky-zky's fictional phone.

ibnwboGCydpoJW.gif

Also a reminder that there is a Steam Group where I post weekly updates to as we move forward. You'll even find myself, Se7enSword and sometimes others in the group chat! Sorry it's taking so long. <3
Excellent. Keep forgetting to check the page.
Do yourself a favor and get a disc off ebay and play it off PCSX2. The game upscales wonderfully. There's pics in my profile from my recent playthrough..
23442FCFA5C44BFBAC4CD0C9630F667F37C14311

Elf on the left is img reaction material.

Have played Pillars Of Eternity for 8 hours now. Still know nothing but really like it so far.

Why did La-Mulana activate as "La Mulana Retail" when I already own it?

Knurek

I asked about Grandia 2 because, as I wrote, I can't remember the game at all (so that means it was ok but nothing superb or memorable), Grandia 1 was great and I still remember it.

Grandia 3's plot will quite possibly give you brain cancer.
Game looks amazing, second best looking PS2 game, but everything else about the package it terribad.

zkylon

zkylewd
How could you not know about this? I posted it when it appeared on greenlight, bunch of other people posted too, where have you been then?
To be fair to Zky-zky, I don't recall seeing it mentioned that often, if at all, in this thread. I was sent the Greenlight link by another friend off-site who wanted the game on Steam. And even then, I didn't vote for it even though I swear I did. It's not important to me, I have no interest in the game, but it's very easy to miss things in this thread unless Ozium or Bayonetta are behind the hype train.

ppl need to personally let me know :I

i miss stuff

i'm dumb :I

ibfazgwg1PSZmJ.png

Update

It's been a little while since the last update I posted in the thread, so I figured I'd update everyone as to where the VN is in terms of development~

Most of this month has been spent on outlining, writing and designing. The UI has gone through almost 25 different iterations if you count minor tweaks to the 6 different core designs I tried. Last week, I finally settled on the final UI core (which may still get some slight tweaks here and there) and introduced the menu system. Outlining currently sits at ~80%, with some loose ends that need figuring out. Writing wise, we're sitting at ~60% of the total script done in terms of content, but wordcount may vary.

I'm still using placeholder materials for portraits and backgrounds while I await word back from our awesome volunteers. I'm sorry it is taking so long, but they do great work and I hope you'll agree that the wait will make this slightly less of a horrible thing! That said, here's a little gif showing off the final UI and the in-game menu system, which is an analog for Zky-zky's fictional phone.

ibnwboGCydpoJW.gif

Also a reminder that there is a Steam Group where I post weekly updates to as we move forward. You'll even find myself, Se7enSword and sometimes others in the group chat! Sorry it's taking so long. <3
Nice! Will I be able to play as myself?
Would be interesting to romance gaffers.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
There is a nice little weekly sale on Floor is Jelly (50%) if someone's been waiting out on it.

I think I joined this website too late to understand the significance of this Derrick01 character.

Derrick was a legend, and I miss him and his constant negativity.

He was an indie-loving gamer and hated all other games.

Derrick hated indie games as well, I can promise you that. He did not discriminate when it came to hating. In fact there was only *1* indie game he did not hate, iirc.

Milamber

Umh, now I'm not sure I can stomach 40+ hours of terrible dialogues etc. Describe terribad.

We all have different tastes. Plot is very cliched and the ending could be seen a mile away but overall it is a fun experience with the battle system and light hearted romps throughout the continent.

If you want a game with dark emo stories with convoluted twists and turns with an ending that confuses and frustrates you, please look the other way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
awesome :) most of those are probably costumes, though

Oh, definitely. The price difference between the standard and Premium editions makes a lot more sense. though, since the X1 description of the Season Pass just mentions a few characters.

Terra_Ex

Grandia 3's plot will quite possibly give you brain cancer.
Game looks amazing, second best looking PS2 game, but everything else about the package it terribad.

Combat was good, everything else was circling the drain though. Grandia 1 & 2 run rings around the third entry.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Am... Am I the BAD END?

The baddest.

Funnily enough, the scene I left off on in the script is one involving you~

no romance in a VN? dafuq

don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story.
I don't think I could do even joke romance subplots justice, and incorporating them would over-complicate things. Plus, I had received a few requests to be left out of any romantic activities (and some explicitly desiring romantic activities) so I decided early on to cut them out entirely.

thank god

<3

Did you ever reveal how the "elections" panned out or is that being saved for a later date?

I think it was Chariot who gave me the idea to hide the election results and reveal them in-game, which I quite liked. So you'll get to see the results in there! Post-launch, I might show how close the races got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom