• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - Thursday 8/6 at 1:00pm PT - NO BIG PS5 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So sony has no fear going first with the pricing with MS potentially countering with lower pricing? Sure, keep telling yourself that, genius.

None of us know the real factual reason either side hasn't opened pre-orders or presented pricing. End of list.

That is not what I said at all. To pretend that Sony has actual fear in this is just hilarious and incredibly shortsighted. Keep fighting the good fight console warrior.

You're agrueing with me about Sony being afraid to go first. Do you have issues with reading comprehension?

For some hardcore gamers? You are right. Some got pissed off because of a 8 mins mini nintendo direct....

For the rest of the world? Nah.... Any news on any games are valid.

Nintendo fans are starving right now so its no suprise they're getting pissed when nintendo is dropping bombs like pokemon moba and bakugan :messenger_beaming:

We'll see. My biggest peeve with this is i can't think of what they could possibly dedicate more than 40 minutes to unless they're just showing loads of low tier indie trash no one cares about

Last edited:

Rea

Halo Infinite is confirmed to be getting ray tracing. XSX is far more capable of doing ray tracing due to 44% more cu's. It won't just be Halo Infinite. Multiplats that use ray tracing will have the edge on the more powerful XSX. Ray tracing is not a good arguement for you.
Say without crying! Wipe your tears. :goog_rofl: :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Jakk

PS4 still has games coming out that need promoting. PS5 does not come out until the holiday season. The whole summer has seen some amazing games coming out and some major announcements and reveals, just a lot more spread out and lacks the punch of E3 with 3 days of straight bombardments.

So what are the PS4 games you expect to show up on Thursday? Because I honestly can't think of many. Yes, there have been some major announcements and reveals, it just feels so underwhelming when they are spread out and there's a lot of minor stuff in-between.

manfestival

You're agrueing with me about Sony being afraid to go first. Do you have issues with reading comprehension?
There is no argument. I asked you to explain your reason for thinking Sony has fear in this State of Play. You did so and poorly. Maybe you do not understand what you are writing and are just emotionally reacting. If there was an argument, I would've actually provided a counterargument but there is no point in arguing with someone with such an absurd viewpoint on a "small event."

Katajx

Gold Member
I’m not interested on giving them anymore money in my PS4. Give me them PS5 deets!

Last edited:

Arkam

Thanks a lot MIcrosoft! You were suppose to knock out the park and Sony was going to respond. But no, you whiffed and now Sony is not getting off the bench for an inning. grumble grumble grumble.....

Edit: Appears some people have a broken funny bone and can't take a joke.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
So what are the PS4 games you expect to show up on Thursday? Because I honestly can't think of many. Yes, there have been some major announcements and reveals, it just feels so underwhelming when they are spread out and there's a lot of minor stuff in-between.
I couldn't say, we are at the tail end of this gen so nothing will really surprise me genuinely until next gen starts.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Is there really any reason for this back & forth,

"Sony is scared!"

"Nu-uh! MS is scared!"

None of the people at these billion dollar corporations are scared of each other. They're probably all mates, enjoying their high paying careers, champagne & hookers.

They are likely watching each other's marketing moves though, with the release of both new consoles drawing near. I'd guess that neither side is anxious to announce a price first, because that leaves an opening for the other side to undercut them. So we wait.

Thanks a lot MIcrosoft! You were suppose to knock out the park and Sony was going to respond. But no, you whiffed and now Sony is not getting off the bench for an inning. grumble grumble grumble.....

If Ms's event was a whiff, then all the momentum/confidence is on sony's side to go ahead with the pricing. Nice spin, though.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

Wait... From the company that said this...

We now have a problem supporting older current generation hardware?

Is there really any reason for this back & forth,

"Sony is scared!"

"Nu-uh! MS is scared!"

None of the people at these billion dollar corporations are scared of each other. They're probably all mates, enjoying their high paying careers, champagne & hookers.

They are likely watching each other's marketing moves though, with the release of both new consoles drawing near. I'd guess that neither side is anxious to announce a price first, because that leaves an opening for the other side to undercut them. So we wait.

Oh, they're very scared. Both hoping to not undercut the other or be forced to lose a ton of marketshare, or be forced to eat a ton of cost(several billions) to get at the same price. A lot at stake here.

Last edited:

iHaunter

I don't expect much from this one. Seems pretty tame compared to the last State of Play.

Last edited:
But I wanted blood!! The two companies ripping each other!!!!

N0fnm2y.png

Grinchy

Banned
When are they gonna show the PS5 OS, talk about how BC works, and tell us the price? A fucking week before it releases? This has gotten stupid at this point.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, they're very scared. Both hoping to not undercut the other or be forced to lose a ton of marketshare, or be forced to eat a ton of cost(several billions) to get at the same price. A lot at stake here.

I think both sides are probably quite confident in their respective hardware & how they plan to price it. I'd guess it's just a case of holding fire, to see if the other side maybe do something surprising. So, as I said, we wait.

Sweden85

Maybe Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Cyberpunk, Watchdogs, Dirt 5 etc?

Ten_Fold

Could’ve at LEAST spent 30mins talking about the PS5’s UI, nobody cares about the damn ps4. We on that ps5 hype train.

The Alien

Banned
Is the "no big PS5 announcements" cover for REALLY big PS5 announcements?

Cuz if it ain't, this is getting crazy. I think they have more shit to show and announce. They gonna wait until September? October?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Could be a decent CyberPunk feature, as one example of a big upcoming PS4 game.

Anything featured will be PS5 BC... so....

Mr Moose

Seems about right.
Get the news of the last PS4 games this year, probably the next CoD and shit, show some more of the games shown previously, maybe a teardown later in the month along with price and pre-orders and maybe more games.

FunkMiller

Can anyone recall a console launch with so little information being provided this close to the console’s release?

Because if not, maybe we need to start preparing ourselves for a release delay...

Last edited:
At this point they probably know they won't be the cheapest of the two. Hell Jim Ryan even hinted at that but people here wouldn't listen:

Compared to what though the XSX or the XSS?

Also take into account they have a DE and a disk version so there's definitely the option to have two different price points there.

I'm guessing one of those will be cheaper than the XSX but more expensive than the XSS. I'm thinking it's probably the DE while the disk version will match the XSXs price.

Vawn

Banned
Can anyone recall a console launch with so little information being provided this close to the console’s release?

Because if not, maybe we need to start preparing ourselves for a release delay...

Do you mean price and date? It is getting late, but I think we pretty much know what to expect - $500 (for the physical models) and November launches.

Games-wise we already have more stuff than most console launches, especially if you include stuff like Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed.

What is late to being revealed is the Series S. I imagine that HAS to be officially revealed soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom