• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | July 8, 2021 - Deathloop, Indies, and Third-party games.

SkylineRKR

I wonder how Deathloop is going to be. Arkane's shooting gameplay has been pretty bad in Prey and Dishonored, but those games were more about exploration, stealth and puzzling. The Hitman approach with rewinds doesn't sound appealing to me. You're constantly treading the same path, but get pushed further each time. When it appears on Xbox, its on GP day one. So might as well wait it out.

I like DS but not gonna spend full whack on that. Lost Judgment is hype, I love Judgment.

SoP is mostly about indies anyway, and while some are okay I usually don't care much for them.

Dr Kaneda

Death Stranding DC saved that. Lucky that I'm insanely hyped for it or else this would have been a poo SoP. Was excited for Sifu but more just for a release date, a delay to 2022 is not what I wanted from the show.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
At least we know what next month's PS5 game on PS+ is gonna be

Bartski

Gold Member
loving everything about Death Stranding!

But it all looks like a new stand-alone game with tons of new toys and mechanics added to the old campaign rather than an expansion... did they announce how is that gonna work somewhere?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
loving everything about Death Stranding!

But it all looks like a new stand-alone game with tons of new toys and mechanics added to the old campaign rather than an expansion... did they announce how is that gonna work somewhere?
Nope, literally all they showed was a physical PS5 box

Yoboman

Tough crowd.

I think Deathloop looks great. I love the 60s spy / pink panther aesthetic.
It looks okay. I'm sure it will be a solid game when reviews roll out

It lacks a certain next gen appeal. Particularly the choppy animations. Could have easily been a last gen game

DonJorginho

Banned
much better than I expected, shame that Sifu has been delayed and no more info on Little Devil Inside but Death Stranding Directors Cut looks insane, the indie titles look really interesting and Deathloop keeps looking better and better with each showing.

B-

reinking

Gold Member
Not a great show but I wasn't expecting anything. I do expect an announcement soon for the PSX show coming soon. Now, if Sony does not come through there they can kiss my butt. I mean, I am not chunking my PS5 in the dumpster but I will add another year to my Game Pass sub. Take that Jimmy boy.

Deathlooped looked pretty sick arkhan games are always tough to show off because there so many little things you can do in there games that are out of this box style gameplay also ost sounds great. Whole conference wasnt bad give it a C- the jet game could be fun demon slayer getting shown was hype lost judgement as well looks great DS directors cut looks really interesting looks like kojima is off the wall like his old self and sifu looks cool.

Reactions: GHG

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not a great show but I wasn't expecting anything. I do expect an announcement soon for the PSX show coming soon. Now, if Sony does not come through there they can kiss my butt. I mean, I am not chunking my PS5 in the dumpster but I will add another year to my Game Pass sub. Take that Jimmy boy.
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Salz01

Did some Little Devil kill Inside? Where the fuck is that game? I thought I saw on some marketing banner it was coming out this July. It’s the only Indie I want to see. I am disappoint.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Did some Little Devil kill Inside? Where the fuck is that game? I thought I saw on some marketing banner it was coming out this July. It’s the only Indie I want to see. I am disappoint.
I was hoping we'd see more of it too.

envyzeal

Wasn't expecting anything, so it was ok. I was already sold on Tribes of Midgard and FIST. Can't wait to play Moss II, but I'll wait for PSVR2. Deathloop is an easy pass.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, that was seriously lacking. Felt... incredibly unnecessary to me. Stoked on Sifu though, and I'm curious about the Death Stranding Director's Cut as well. Loved the game so much. Deathloop... still has me on the fence to be honest.

But yeah, this whole State of Play felt lacking and super short, haha.

SSfox

I fear these shitty SoPs is all we get. At most focusing on singular games like gow etc. and small shit, not a huge all encompassing show.
I don't think so, and in case you're right, the feedback will make them change their plans for the better.

Deathloop is already getting a big dislike count on ytb lol

reksveks

Who is publishing Little Devil Inside? Hope I have the name correct?

That game like Ghostwire Tokyo has disappeared

DeepSpace5D

It was actually a bit better than I thought it’d be given my low expectations from the description of it. I thought F.I.S.T, Jett, Sifu, Lost Judgment, Death Stranding: DC all looked great. And even Deathloop looked better than I remember but I’m still on the fence about it.

I was hoping Little Devil Inside and Stray would show up but that unfortunately wasn’t the case.

Last edited:

Arun1910

I fear these shitty SoPs is all we get. At most focusing on singular games like gow etc. and small shit, not a huge all encompassing show.
Nah.

We will have some kind of PlayStation Experience or whatever the fuck at some point this Summer. You don't just skip E3 then do SoP in its place.

MrS

Banned
Sifu looks ok
Trials of whatever is Diablo with a norse paintjob. Looked good for £15 so will pick it up.
FIST looks good but £25 might be too high
JETT looks good. interested
Dont care for Death Loop
Disappointed by Death Stranding's poor showing.
Lost Judgement looks good

5/10 showing for me

Any idea on an upgrade for death stranding?
"Fuck you, pay me" seems to be the strategy with this one

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oh well. Sifu looked great at least. And hopefully Moss 2 comes to Quest 2. Fist looks cool too. But all in all, disappointimg, they need to have their big event soon.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
People have been giving that excuse for like 2 years. I remember specifically that people were saying that last year before PS5 launched. ''Well we gotta get TLOU2 and GOT out of the way first, 'then' we'll here about Silent Hill Remake (or whatever)''.

Sony under Jim Ryan sucks ass.
Yep.

They skipped e3 2019.
They skipped e3 2021.

I'm tired of excuses and hoping for shows month after month. It's time to let go and move on. Best thing we might get are dedicated state of plays for gow and gt7

Toxictemplar

Neo Member
Thought this state of play was pretty meh. I want to see some more updates on those games that they showcased long time ago, like Stray and that Hogwarts game

Top Bottom