• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield data mined shows that it does not have DLSS or XeSS

GHG

You choose to believe in nvidia, despite a long history of lies and manipulation.
That is your choice. But it's still just you you want to believe.

The main issue with this line of thinking is that "NvidiaToo™" (regardless of whether it's true or not) does not make AMD's decsion/stance on this any less shitty.

How about we just collectively call out bad practices that negatively impact consumers on a case by case basis?

winjer

Gold Member
The main issue with this line of thinking is that "NvidiaToo™" (regardless of whether it's true or not) does not make AMD's decsion/stance on this any less shitty.

How about we just collectively call out bad practices that negatively impact consumers on a case by case basis?

I have already said several times, in several threads, that the ideal way is to have all upscalers and let the user pick.
What is really sad is that when nvidia does it, there will be always a few that will defend it.

FFS, I'm still playing Remnant 2 and it has DLSS2, FSR2 and XeSS. And changing a couple of cvars, we can also enable TAAU and TSR.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This blows. I will still be able to run at 60, but likely not at the fidelity I would with DLSS.

Buggy Loop

As a first party studio... Did Bethesda really need that check?

hobo begging GIF by South Park

Picking pennies in exchange of throwing the the RTX family, the majority who will be playing your game on PC, under the bus. Can’t stress enough how these devs don’t seem to comprehend PC market

GHG

I have already said several times, in several threads, that the ideal way is to have all upscalers and let the user pick.
What is really sad is that when nvidia does it, there will be always a few that will defend it.

FFS, I'm still playing Remnant 2 and it has DLSS2, FSR2 and XeSS. And changing a couple of cvars, we can also enable TAAU and TSR.

Ok well if that's the case then that should be it. Making this issue about Nvidia or saying they do it too doesn't add to the discussion or help the situation.

StereoVsn

I still don't understand the need for Microsoft/Bethesda to do this. It's beyond annoying and I really think folks should wait and see performance and bugs status of the game at release.

Going to wait until DLSS mods hit and get reviewed. It's annoying as hell.

StereoVsn

The difference is that there is zero evidence that Nvidia blocked anything. There is evidence that AMD is blocking DLSS.

It's that simple.
Nvidia even stated that they are not doing that. Unlike AMD with Starfield when asked that question. It's ridiculous and MS/Bethesda should be taken to take for that shit.

Fuck that gender-bending Snorlaxx cunt and Phil. I hope every Nvidia owner who actually buys this shit, negs them on Steam. Fuck AMD for this shit. I'll buy it, load the game up, then neg the fuck out of it for no DLSS. Then request a refund.

Yes, I'm melting.

Last edited:

Vox Machina

Banned
Mods will work fine for the Gamepass version too.

I'm actually interested to see what amount of compatibility we'll see. Game Pass on PC has come a long way from everything being contained in a UWP wrapper that basically prevented modifications. I purchased on Steam just to be safe but if PC Game Pass gets the vast majority of mods I'll start using it for games I expect to mod in the future.

Vox Machina

Banned
Honestly, it's one of the most outrageous things a developer has done all year. An exclusive for the UPSCALER?! Really? That's where we are? Was Bethesda that hard for cash?

I'd love to know the type of cash AMD is slinging for these deals. Has to be significant.

Braag

How is Nvidia just sitting on their asses and letting AMD get one of the biggest PC titles of the decade (if it ends up like Skyrim) and ends up lacking stuff like DLSS cause AMD is flinging around money like crazy.
I know they don't care about games anymore cause of AI but they must still have some standards left.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'd love to know the type of cash AMD is slinging for these deals. Has to be significant.

Crazy money. And you wonder why. Why is this a good use of AMD's money? They should invest that money more into engineering their future GPUs.

Buggy Loop

Rather than invest into making FSR stand above DLSS and let the peoples decide the way forward. If it was better and hardware agnostic, nobody would make a deal about devs being FSR exclusive.

I’m not sure what these deals are supposed to do? Make me switch to team red? But i see what FSR is on Nvidia anyway, I don’t get it. It would have to be exclusive to AMD for it to make sense.

They could always go for the holier than thou for open source (what a load of bull), but what about XeSS then?

Looks like a desperate last breath from someone drowning

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Series X is a platform where we have yet to see indipenden...

Actually, if you don't get the correlation between seeing gameplay on your preferred platform of choice and this surprising info dropping today, then I don't know what to tell you.
There literally is no correlation between the two facts. Starfield doesn't support DLSS, we have not seen independent gameplay on the Series consoles. These two points have nothing to do with one another. If you are referring to some other points of fact, I'm happy to be informed.

Buggy Loop

Nvidia even stated that they are not doing that. Unlike AMD with Starfield when asked that question. It's ridiculous and MS/Bethesda should be taken to take for that shit.

Nooo, you don't get it StereoVsn StereoVsn

Nvidia has never invested as much into a game as Cyberpunk 2077 since it basically showcases all the research they have put into ray tracing, reStir, DXDI, upscaling technology and frame generation. They let FSR & XeSS in those games

But that indie game with playstation graphics at 200 fps who didn't include FSR? Pure Nvidia corruption of devs, pocketing them into stopping other upscalers.

Makes sense right?

MASTERMIND EVIL NVIDIA!

761soy.jpg

sendit

Not the end of the workd like many are making this out to be. I'll just use FSR. The game is on Gamepass. If 15 dollars is to much, look in to doing a new hobby. I for one am not going to pass up on this massive game because it doesn't have DLSS.

Last edited:

Reallink

Think about the hilarious ridiculousness of this situation for a moment. Small indie studio and publisher (Bethesda and Microsoft) needed AMDs co-marketing money for the game they're worried won't sell well (Skrim has passed 60 million), so AMD paid them a lot of money to make both their products (AMD GPUs and the game) look and perform very obviously worse, while making themselves public enemy #1 with the very customers they're trying to woo. And not a single one of the dozens of million dollar executives who had their fingers in this deal recognized the preposterousness of it all.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Again

Nvidia comments they don’t block

You don’t believe it, fine

You even understand how many “journalists” would bust their collective nuts to find a single dev saying that Nvidia blocked FSR? You even realize the drama and the clicks?

Yet it’s not happening after all this time 🤔

To believe that Nvidia could lie, I can give you that, but that not a single dev denounces the situation? To not say the likes of Nvidia does it too?

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF
Which devs have come out and said AMD does it? Why do we believe that Sony can stand up to AMD but not MS? But then why does Sackboy only have DLSS (upgraded recently to DLSS3)?
The only difference is that Nvidia made a statement that I am sure would be technically true but is no way as unequivocal as they make it sound.

I don't understand why MS has to do some deals with some fucking nobody like AMD
How much do you think AMD is able to give, I don't think its that much, to offset what you've said
Think about the hilarious ridiculousness of this situation for a moment. Small indie studio and publisher (Bethesda and Microsoft) needed AMDs co-marketing money for the game they're worried won't sell well (Skrim has passed 60 million), so AMD paid them a lot of money to make both their products (AMD GPUs and the game) look and perform very obviously worse, while making themselves public enemy #1 with the very customers they're trying to woo. And not a single one of the dozens of million dollar executives who had their fingers in this deal recognized the preposterousness of it all.
Money is the obvious reason

Doesn't matter ... this game is launching in game pass day one which means they want to capitalize on as many other ways to make money as possible.

I don't think people understand that Xbox will always put making maximum profit over everything else, its the reason they created the gimp series s lol

Which devs have come out and said AMD does it? Why do we believe that Sony can stand up to AMD but not MS? But then why does Sackboy only have DLSS (upgraded recently to DLSS3)?
The only difference is that Nvidia made a statement that I am sure would be technically true but is no way as unequivocal as they make it sound.

It would be easy to assume they can't...

Why didn't AMD come out and deny it like NVidia? Why didn't AMD sign on to the streamline API?

Buggy Loop

Boundary dev stripping the already implemented DLSS & RTX after getting AMD sponsorship is proof enough. AMD's "no comments" rather than a statement such as "we allow all upscalers, it is up to the dev" is pretty telling. Why would they paint themselves in a corner like that? It's an easy statement and if devs can't say anything anyway, they look like the good guys.

The proof of the burden is on AMD to prove that they don't block the other upscalers, while Nvidia the proof of the burden is to find a dev that would come out and say that Nvidia lied. I'm pretty sure all TechTubers are hard at work to pull that kind of info out of a single dev. Easy clicks.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Didn’t some dude post he would make a mod allowing use of DLSS within 24-48 hours of the games release ?

Even more reason to get steam version.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm actually interested to see what amount of compatibility we'll see. Game Pass on PC has come a long way from everything being contained in a UWP wrapper that basically prevented modifications. I purchased on Steam just to be safe but if PC Game Pass gets the vast majority of mods I'll start using it for games I expect to mod in the future.
The only area where mods will potentially run into issues is if a new type of Skse is needed, the dev for that has said they won’t do a game pass version (not sure if it’s because they can’t or don’t want to). That’ll be months down the road though before we see things like that start flowing in.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It would be easy to assume they can't...

Why didn't AMD come out and deny it like NVidia? Why didn't AMD sign on to the streamline API?
Because pretty obviously AMD do some kind of deal to push FSR over DLSS. It's somewhat optional as evidenced by Sony games, but they do definitely do something. But to trust Nvidia is crazy when the language they use in their statement reads almost identically to their language for their hardware partnership thing that got shut down before it started due to rumors of regulatory bodies looking at it for anti-competitive practices is crazy.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Good. Don't need that Nvidia bs tech blurring my ship up anyway. If Nvidia had their way they'd bean count charge everyone for Anisotropic Filtering, Anti-Aliasing, G-Sync. Want DLSS 6.0? That'll be $14.99 a month. Need Ambient Occlusion? Subscribe to the Gold+ Standard Premium Diamond Version for $4.99 a month, fu Jensen

Top Bottom