• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Eclipse has development issues

Corndog

Banned
"News" doesn't mean what you think it means.

News = officially confirmed
Something some dude on the internet says without presenting any evidence or backing whatsoever = shaky weak rumor to take with the usual big grain of salt.
There is more then one meaning of news. It could be an official source like tv or newspaper. It could also just mean information.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Good Question

No one asked for this I can't even bring myself to get hyped for a QD Star Wars game

My wish:

- Star Wars game made by QD. Check.
- Jedi game based on Shadow of Morder system.

Also, if you don't like it, ignore it. Enough people are looking forward to it.

Sounds far-fetched. I would think the developers of their own engine would know what they can and can't make with it

A bloody MMO lol

Last edited:

apowhungo

I suggest you to play Detroit. It's a great game, their gameplay and mechanics are totally fine, there's nothing wrong with them.
ray-liotta-laughing.gif

yurinka

So after suffering through Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, and Two Souls all of which had terrible gameplay. They really have quite bad story beats if you take a step back and look at them. So now you tell me to play another one of their games. No thanks, I have been more then generous with my time and money for those guys.
Their gameplay is totally fine for this genre.

Maybe the issue is that you don't like this genre or that expected these games to be Bayonetta, Super Mario, Street Fighter, CoD or something like that. But no, these aren't action games. They are interactive dramas, narrative focused adventures. Something like a merge of point'n click, visual novels or walking simulators with great visuals.

Detroit became their best selling game and got a 78MC even if attacked by the woke gaming media plus the usual retarded haters and trolls that are easy to find, and attack anything with the QD logo in it with no reason, and even without knowing what they are talking about.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Must have been one hell of a tech demo. Disney should pull the plug if they can.

So after suffering through Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, and Two Souls all of which had terrible gameplay. They really have quite bad story beats if you take a step back and look at them. So now you tell me to play another one of their games. No thanks, I have been more then generous with my time and money for those guys.

At least Fahrenheit and Two Souls have the good sense to completely unravel, fall apart and shit their pants early into their stories. Both Heavy Rain and Detroit string you along for a good amount of time before utterly destroying their underwear at the end.

Inspector Q

As much as I loathe the new SW movies, the trailer for this game reminded me a lot more of the Prequel era which is a hell of a lot more appealing to me. I guess that makes sense if it's supposedly set during that "High Republic" era or whatever the hell they were calling it.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a QD-style game set in the SW universe. We have tons of other devs to do action/adventure and RPG shit. Let them focus on the cinematic "choose your own adventure" style game that they are used to making.

If we're lucky, we can get a SW version of this:

On a more serious note, if they do go with this style of game hopefully it has multiple protagonists instead of just one. It's a lot more intense when it feels like you can lose a character at any moment if you screw up. Beyond 2 Souls was terrible because every time you screwed up your spirit companion would bail you out. Made for a pretty lame experience.

Notabueno

Banned
Can we talk about how bad Disney video game licensing management must be that they hire studios after studios and cancelled more projects than maybe EA?

We need to start point fingers where it's due...

Last edited:

yurinka

Can we talk about how bad Disney video game licensing management must be that they hire studios after studios and cancelled more projects than maybe EA?
Spider-Man and Wolverine with Sony/Insomniac, a Star Wars narrative adventure with Quantic Dream, a Star Wars KOTOR remake, Star Wars Squadrons with Motive, a Star Wars game by Respawn, a Guardians of the Galaxy game by Square/Eidos Montreal, a Marvel XCOM-like game by Firaxis and a Star Wars open world with Ubisoft... all have been good ideas that made sense. Even the Avengers game with Square/Crystal Dynamics that ended being a turd on paper was a good idea.

To make an EA/Amy Hennig Star Wars was a good idea too, but as sometimes happens the game got cancelled. Pretty likely the issue was that the game didn't work due to the dev lead studio or the publisher's ideas. Most Disney licensed games get published and end being good or at least sell very well -which means their target likes it-.

Castef

Banned
Regardless of the rumored issues...

They published Detroit in 2018 and plan to release this one in 2023 (at best...). How do they keep going with such a long development cycle?

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

StarWars is an IP that almost all ideas looks amazing on paper and publishers will go ahead with same too.

Game development troubles, I expect all games to have it now. No pre order anyway so doesn't matter sh*t.

Top Bottom