• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream: Star Wars Eclipse development going well, controversies are "in the past"

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
See Quantic Dream doing a bit of motion and face capture for their next project, Star Wars Eclipse (in French):

Talking about how is the studio now:
"It's far behind us, we're working with the teams and it's going very well, we're focused on the development of this game. We want to lead the studio in another direction in order to have editorial control"

Set during the High Republic era, Star Wars Eclipse is an intricately branching action-adventure game that can be experienced in many ways, and puts the destinies of multiple playable characters in your hands.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Oh great, another David Cage game...

jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

radewagon

Oh great, another David Cage game...

jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

I haven't played Detroit, but I really liked Heavy Rain and Beyond. They're not everyone's cup of tea and have considerable amounts of jank, but there's really nothing in the gaming space like them either. I am excited about a Cage game in the Star Wars universe but I could never fault someone for having the exact opposite reaction.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

I haven't played Detroit, but I really liked Heavy Rain and Beyond. They're not everyone's cup of tea and have considerable amounts of jank, but there's really nothing in the gaming space like them either. I am excited about a Cage game in the Star Wars universe but I could never fault someone for having the exact opposite reaction.
Detroit IMO is better than Heavy rain and Beyond Two Souls, there are so many endings and branching paths, unlike Telltales games every choice in Detroit heavily impact story just as advertised. Its character is much more interesting than the previous game as well, I absolutely love Connor. Haters will hate this type of game no matter what, for those who like this style of game, its one of the best due to how choices impact things.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I don't even mind the gameplay, I thought games like Until Dawn were pretty enjoyable. My problem is with David Cage who's a terrible writer and all of his games are filled with cringe, hamfisted themes, and cheap sentimentality.

I would actually be excited if it was made by anyone but Quantic Dream.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Detroit IMO is better than Heavy rain and Beyond Two Souls, there are so many endings and branching paths, unlike Telltales games every choice in Detroit heavily impact story just as advertised. Its character is much more interesting than the previous game as well, I absolutely love Connor. Haters will hate this type of game no matter what, for those who like this style of game, its one of the best due to how choices impact things.
This. Detroit was the peak of this genre of game for sure. Significantly improved im alot of key areas. I was impressed.

I figured this game was just going to get canceled. There's no in-game footage but it still looks kind of cool. One thing I will say is that while a lot of Disney Star Wars movies and TV shows suck, the video games have generally been pretty good.

supermassive games: until dawn, the quarry, dark pictures anthology (man of medan, little hope, house of ashes, devil in me)...

i personally find them to be much better at doing what quantic dreams does than quantic dreams, tho admittedly with a heavy horror slant...

I absolutely love these types of interactive games, where evey decision can lead to either a positive or negative outcome. I've played Detroit Become Human, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and all three left me yearning for more.

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan and that trailer is very enticing. The graphics and story are going to be immense!

Top Bottom