• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnimeGAF needs to keep watching Re:Zero so I don't have to.

I'm legit curious as to how it's going to handle the third arc from the spoilers I've read and yet I don't want to watch the show myself.

Just T

Concrete Revolutio: 24

That was a pretty sweet finale, I do think it probably could have used a bit more episodes to spread out some of the contents a little bit just so it would flow a little better to finish but it's all good. Some good character moments and action, also was nice to have Kikko centered so much in this one. The epilogue was a nice close, maybe just a tad bittersweet.

Overall, I'm glad I watched this show, first became interested because of it's vibrant style and the fact that it had superhumans in it, which coming off of Kekkai Sensen at the time made me more interested. I certainty got more than I thought I would lol with the timeline switching in the first half had me confused at points and others too I noticed but it always stayed entertaining though which was good. Nonetheless, after a while it really clicked and I'm glad I kept watching it. I was also surprised how many actual events it incorporated in the story, I wasn't always able to notice their significance right away but it was interesting to find out about it after the fact. This wasn't a perfect show but it really was unique and a joy to watch. Intriguing characters, the way they respond to overall theme of the show and the bouts of action sprinkled here and there made for a show worth watching.

TTGL 02

This show is great, and the animation that I thought was awesome yesterday, is also still here on episode 2. Show remains pretty also.

I love that this show knows when to be funny, when to hype you, and when to hit you hard in the feels. This was basically what happened in this episode, in that order. We begun with some world building and shenanigans, sprinkled with some character background. We are then shown an awesome fighting scene with some humour sprinkled in the middle. At the end we are given a pretty sad scene with Kamina. Thinking back, it didn't quite feel like the episode was just 20mins long, so much happened from start to end.

I'm really enjoying this.

TTGL 02

This show is great, and the animation that I thought was awesome yesterday, is also still here on episode 2. Show remains pretty also.

I love that this show knows when to be funny, when to hype you, and when to hit you hard in the feels. This was basically what happened in this episode, in that order. We begun with some world building and shenanigans, sprinkled with some character background. We are then shown an awesome fighting scene with some humour sprinkled in the middle. At the end we are given a pretty sad scene with Kamina. Thinking back, it didn't quite feel like the episode was just 20mins long, so much happened from start to end.

I'm really enjoying this.

Yep, that's part of TTGL's genius. :)

TTGL is fantastic when it comes to balancing humorous and sad elements. The entire show is a roller-coaster when it comes to emotions.

Cornbread78

Fullmetal Alchemist:B ep.31
Lots of new plot movement now that the Crimson Alchemist is now in the mix. Should be interesting to see how they loop things back with Alex, Edward and Scar since they really need to find out what is different about the Eastern alchemy.

Y9I5ASl.jpg

LMAO THIS FUCKING TOOL HAHAHAHAHHA

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
She must not be forgotten
I couldn't get that blue artifact to go away when I made the gif.

Linkark07

Banned
Mayoiga 12

This is over... What can I say? I will miss this awful anime. Despite everything, I truthfully enjoyed it and made me wait each Friday. With all the craziness and stupid nonesense that happened, this was truly a wild ride. Mayoiga is one of those so bad it's good anime series.

6/10 in my book.

Concrete Revolutio: END

I don't like how this ended because everything with Satomi got wrapped up way to fucking cleanly. "Oh Kikko randomly turned him into bio-fuel to power the inter-dimensional device and we won!!! Let's ignore the fact he had just broken her wand disabling her!"

5/10, couldn't stick the landing like so many anime before it. I will have forgotten about this show within a month. Certainly isn't going anywhere near my top ten anime of the year.

kewlmyc

Mayoiga 12 END (?)

I had no idea it was the final episode until the credits started rolling. Kinda let down by the ending. What an odd show. I don't regret watching it though. Might do a better right up later on if I feel like it.

Execution Girl mellowed out at least. Wasn't expecting that.

Concrete Revolutio END

That finished way too quickly! Everything went way too fast! I could not feel a thing from this last episode :(

I wished this would have finished in a stronger way since I liked it so much.

On a scale from impossible to a small chance...how much should I hope for a funimation dub?

Wanderer5

Lost Village END

Well that kind of fizzled out.
I kind of like that some are staying behind in the village.

Eh some interesting ideas, good crazy and character moments, but otherwise this show felt quite dull and bad often. I stuck with it to the end through, so the moments that were actually good or just entertaining bad came by in a good amount I suppose.

Probably a 5-6/10 for me.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio: END

I don't like how this ended because everything with Satomi got wrapped up way to fucking cleanly. "Oh Kikko randomly turned him into bio-fuel to power the inter-dimensional device and we won!!! Let's ignore the fact he had just broken her wand disabling her!"

5/10, couldn't stick the landing like so many anime before it. I will have forgotten about this show within a month. Certainly isn't going anywhere near my top ten anime of the year.

It's always just been a tool, not the source of her power.

Narag

Bungo Stray Dogs 8

Igarashi-style levity coupled with maximum edge is something I'll never be able to reconcile.

Surprised the yandere doctor doesn't get more love from yandere fans though.

Bungo Stray Dogs 8

Igarashi-style levity coupled with maximum edge is something I'll never be able to reconcile.

If she showed up more often, Bungo would be a half decent watch. Sadly it's just a pretty face without anything interesting behind the mask.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope she's like, Puck's sister or something.

Why is she giant but Puck is tiny? Who knows.

Puck needs to go full size again.

Thoraxes

Bungo Stray Dogs 8

It's funny because I like the way he handles that juxtaposition between the two things.

And the Dr. is the best.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 10

You could see that this was an outsourced episode in that many of the mid/long distance shots had subpar art. Still, there were a lot of cute closeups, especially of Miyano, so I can hardly complain.

Ohta has an attractive upper body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom