• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman Remastered Detailed | PS5

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The only gameplay footage we've seen of the remaster is a simple Up-Res and FPS version of the PS4 game. Have you seen it? or seen the comparison video?

Yep, the detail in the models and improved face animation, improved crowds and background details, better draw distance, ray traced shadows and reflections, better textures and skin shaders, short loading times, as well as an optional 60 FPS mode on a game still being worked on and improved. I do not see it as a bad addition to MM.

DonJorginho

Banned
Ok Sony and Insomniac, you sold me. This isn't just a simple uprez version of the PS4 game, I'll buy the ultimate edition, you win!
I will refer to your Profile Pic when you buy the game and air your disdain for the upres port it is (on performance mode anyways)

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Insomniac, what the fuck are you doing?

Now Peter looks like Miles younger brother from another mother.

This was so unnecessary. Original Peter Parker was way better than this pseudo Tom Holland.

Hell making him look like Spider kid Tom Holland even adds more fire to one of the most stupid changes character wise I've seen lately.

This gets a huge fucking "Boooo" from me.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yep, the detail in the models and improved face animation, improved crowds and background details, better draw distance, ray traced shadows and reflections, better textures and skin shaders, short loading times, as well as an optional 60 FPS mode on a game still being worked on and improved. I do not see it as a bad addition to MM.

I can't wait for MM, that june 11th trailer had brief glimpses of day time shots and it looked nuts!

scydrex

Why show the PS4 version for the video?

(EDIT: Oh, it says PS5 in the title. Oof! Not impressive at all)

Why not wait to see the 30fps ps4 and 30fps or quality mode of the PS5 say if impresive or not? This is the performance mode 60fps of the ps5

Falc67

They should show footage of all of that instead of the 60 FPS mode then. You can't deny that the actual gameplay footage we've seen so far only show a FPS and Resolution boost. There are even shadows and vehicles missing on the PS5 version.

If the 30FPS version looks like the recent Miles Morales gameplay trailer they should have shown that instead, since that shows a significant improvement over Spiderman PS4. I can only comment on the footage I've been shown, and so far, there's literally no improvement other than FPS and Resolution.

Gandih42

The original Model always looked like an ugly gremlin, age aside, his faced just looked deformed.
I guarantee you someone who looks like the new guy would get 10x more girls.

Edit:

I don't think the new face is bad in any way although I must admit I'm somewhat attached to the old one.

But holy shit, never realized he was such a gremlin man, that bottom left picture is just too funny. He was an excellent gremlin. I never liked MJs face though, I hope she gets a slight overhaul too. Although I don't think they can fix her character which I thought was a bit off.

Looks good to me, looking forward to replaying it with better performance once I get the newer shinier Spider-Man. I really dig Miles look, both with and without the suit.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Tom Holland plays a Spider-man that's still in high school. This Peter Parker has graduated college already. I just think the older model was better suited, looked like a mix between Andrew Garfield and Hayden Christensen.

Reactions: TGO
This video compares Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4 with the remastering of PS5, but the new one does not always come out well

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Could they have changed his appearance to match his future appearance in the Avengers videogame? The character models in that game resemble the actors who portray them in the movies like this new Peter resembles Tom Holland.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Actually I didn't because I've never played it due to being PC Master Race. But that release had the base game remastered and all DLC combined into a decent package.
There is a lot more updated in Marvel's Spider-man Remastered then TLOU:R
And it includes the DLC and new content

I think the RT effects and upgrades look pretty stunning to be honest. Granted that game was already pretty good looking to begin with so it's not like they needed to do much to impress me. Still won't play it for quite a while as even if I were to buy a PS5(Which I have no intention at doing at launch) I just can't support such scummy business practices when we have examples of smaller companies doing upgrades for free.

Still, it's undeniably better looking mostly and if you can't see it, it's because you don't want to.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So considering they change the face of Peter to better fit his voice actor, is MJ changing too and we gonna a a redheaded Laura Bailey
latest

Or they gonna make the original MJ actually look like her face actress?
6cac27d6c887cf611aa8d084a256c486.jpg

Which does need improvement because the MJ in the game does not look like her and she makes a very good MJ

Last edited:

Yoboman

So considering they change the face of Peter to better fit his voice actor, is MJ changing too and we gonna a a redheaded Laura Bailey
latest

Which does need improvement because the MJ in the game does not look like her and she makes a very good MJ
I think the current model looked pretty good but they could de-age her a bit, because she looks 30 not 23.

NeoLed

Maybe that new face was made to match up with Marvel's Avenger character faces. Movies actor lookalike

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
looks better in stills, but I do not trust those.Video comparison looks like. 60fps version with higher resolution and some touch ups here and there.
That is because performance mode does not have these effects.............

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

She's so hot.

Nico_D

I guess that's how it is for actors but I feel sorry for the original actor. Getting thrown out for some minimal gain no one pays any attention too, like bone structure or something matching the voice even better. Bullshit.

I enjoyed the original actor a lot. He lookee unique and not like some movie star lookalike.

MastaKiiLA

I guess that's how it is for actors but I feel sorry for the original actor. Getting thrown out for some minimal gain no one pays any attention too, like bone structure or something matching the voice even better. Bullshit.

I enjoyed the original actor a lot. He lookee unique and not like some movie star lookalike.
Bone structure is important for animation, since it's all done with virtual bones. Matching the face model better to the person doing the mo-cap now means fewer resources spent going forward. I assume they pulled the trigger on the change now, because they are going to end up making some changes for the remaster and if the character appears in MM. It's most likely an animation concern they discovered late in the development cycle of the PS4 game, that they couldn't change by that point. Peter Parker should emote much better in Spiderman2 cutscenes.

odhiex

It is Sony's grand plan for its Spiderverse all along.

We would get a Multiverse coming to MCU soon. The animated movie, Spiderman Into the Spiderverse, would likely get a cross-over with the Spiderman (PS4/PS5) game *there is a hint already in the first movie. The new Peter suspiciously looks like Tom Holland, which is very interesting. Hmmm... could it be..?? lol

Of course, (some) "fans" are angry at Sony for these changes right now (Miles Morales is also changed, maybe M.J. too). By the time Spiderman 2 (the game) comes out, most people will forget about it hahaha.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Wait a sec, are they really change Petter's face?
Did they change his name too?

I watched this on my phone and wasn't that impressive then watched it on my 4k TV through the ps4 and Holy shit does the remaster look sick. Super hyped.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I just finished Spiderman 2018, and making him younger and fresher faced doesn't really make any sense. It's quite established that he has been doing this for a long time. Interesting also they de-age Peter but keep MJ the same age.

Remastered PS5 vs Original PS4
8zusrialtcq51.jpg

It is interesting too because as crude as the reflections look on the PS4 game they work well within the context of the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom