• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman Remastered Detailed | PS5

Tschumi

Predictable reaction: am undeniable good looking ps5 remaster, better not actually touch the graphics because they're pretty much unimpeachable....... Omg Peter's face changed!

All of the old models where fucking bad. I hope they updated everyone bc the characters where easily the ugliest part of the original release.

Yeaaaah not happening pal. You can see from the remastered trailer doc ock's character model remained untouched. So most likely the character models for Mj and black cat, and everyone else is gonna stay the same as the original release.

On topic: after watching the trailer a few times and looking at screenshots. Definitely prefer the new model by faaaar, if that makes me some kind of tom Holland lover oh well! Idgaf.

Yoboman

Yeaaaah not happening pal. You can see from the remastered trailer doc ock's character model remained untouched. So most likely the character models for Mj and black cat, and everyone else is gonna stay the same as the original release.

On topic: after watching the trailer a few times and looking at screenshots. Definitely prefer the new model by faaaar, if that makes me some kind of tom Holland lover oh well! Idgaf.

Doc Ock looked pretty good originally. MJ could use an update in addition to Peter and Miles who have been updated

Soren01

The best thing is - Scarface from Digital Foundry came to the Resetera Thread where everybody was cheering the obvious good Raytracing in that remaster and he just came and said that it is actually a shame that that screen with the Cars in New York Night is not in 4k. (off course the little Console hater Twat just wanted to pixelcount to find something bad in it. )
So someone fucking told him that on Sonys Flicker there is the 4k Version .
Thx he said and went away and until now did not came back.

meanwhile this happend also

i guess that was the little thing that pushed Scareface over the edge ..

caused a spontaneous irrational reaction of his Lizard brainstem and he started to eat his fucking carpet..
something like that...

The reflections are impressive!

Especially the tree. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

C2zu95L.jpg

This is near photo-realism. It's also not in the uncanny valley animation wise. Impressive work.

Last edited:

Codes 208

He looks like the actor who plays him... Who is older than he is.
His look makes total sense.
Not to mention you can look younger than you are. I had people asking which high school I go to all the way into my mid twenties

not that 23 is that old to begin with.

Last edited:

FrankWza

I’m glad I put off playing this because having this at 60fps and MM(spider verse was very good) makes this a killer launch package for ps5. Looks great. But I get people who played it already not being as excited about it

Ristifer

The original Model always looked like an ugly gremlin, age aside, his faced just looked deformed.
I guarantee you someone who looks like the new guy would get 10x more girls.

I’ll take ugly ass gremlin Peter over 12 year old ladies man.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Not to mention you can look younger than you are. I had people asking which high school I go to all the way into my mid twenties

not that 23 is that old to begin with.
To this day, I still get similar questions due to looking a bit younger, and I'm in my early 30s.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
For fun I lowered the quality of the picture to make it less "videogame like" and well...it actually looks like a real person. PS7 graphics?

deeh1Nt.jpg
giphy.gif

You should post it in this tread

giphy.gif

You should post it in this tread

Obviously it'd be 8K+ on PS7, not a thumbnail. But you don't think it looks real?

Ristifer

Age aside. That look doesn’t seem to match up with the rest of the characters and their age. That’s just my opinion. He seems to act a lot more mature than the new face portrays
This. The cast of characters in the game had consistent facial characteristics all around. They all felt part of the same cast. This change makes it look altered. It shouldn’t stick out so much. This is why you don’t change shit.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Obviously it'd be 8K+ on PS7, not a thumbnail. But you don't think it looks real?

I think it dont need to be degraded to look good, ok a little grain can add some realism to the image but that's it. With your technic, you can take almost ANY game that as a decent lighting and do the same.

Take this post for example, from the tread I linked:

This is Half Life 2

361923012B1547F967D422C1260F1CD9F7D039E4

As said it's Half Life 2 from... 2004. Downsample the image and this will look "PHOTO-REALISTIC 15K PS12 IN-ENGINE GAMEPLAY"

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
It’s odd that the PS5 remaster has less distance detail than the original at 60fps. There shouldn’t be any reason for this given there is no RT present in the performance mode.

A "remaster" for a friggin' 2 year old game lmao.

Also, I hate his new face.

I'm guessing they didn't take this opportunity to make Black Kat and Mary Jane hotter, making it even more pointless?

Just bizarre imo and I hate how I guess a sequel will have this new Peter's face and not the Peter from the PS4 game.

Warablo

I don't mind the new face, but he does look way too young for mid twenties 20 Spidey. It might be a little weird with MJ and Black Cat.

Orpheum

Okay i played it on PS4 and really enjoyed it but never finished it. Guess i'll return to it with the PS5, gameplay looks way too smooth at 60fps.

Paasei

Already have the platinum trophy for the PS4 version. Not sure if it's worth it for me to play again, but then I see that 60fps and it's really tempting.

UnNamed

Banned
I am not sure on that, but the Insomniac devs did say it's RT reflections and that the latest build of the game is much more improved in fidelity compared to what we are seeing in this screenshot.
They can't fake reflections in the actual gameplay without old trickeries, so they will use RT in the final game, maybe not with this quality. It's just strange they use this image with a simple planar reflection and claim this is RT.

kuncol02

Banned
we have recast the face of Peter Parker. We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter
50395503493_3381c3739a_h.jpg

latest
OK. They recasted him. Fine. But why they had to make him look 20 years younger than actor playing him?

Connxtion

This is just a specular reflection, not RT.
Spider-man isn’t ray-traced in that picture. It’s using the same method they used on the original. (Lower rez model or SSR) Everything else seems to be ray-traced though.

Note if spidy was ray-traced he wouldn’t be misaligned in the reflection & showing the exact same issue as on the original version. Though they do show more of him on PS5, where the original was faded out after a foot or so. (But that’s deliberate (design choice) as it would look daft having him fully modelled but bugger all else showing 😂)

Edit: or they are high Rez dynamic cubemaps. 🤷‍♂️ We won’t know unfortunately.

Yeah planar reflections, so forget what I said about SSR/low Rez model 😂 above.

Last edited:

Hustler

Ok Sony and Insomniac, you sold me. This isn't just a simple uprez version of the PS4 game, I'll buy the ultimate edition, you win!

Falc67

Ok Sony and Insomniac, you sold me. This isn't just a simple uprez version of the PS4 game, I'll buy the ultimate edition, you win!

The only gameplay footage we've seen of the remaster is a simple Up-Res and FPS version of the PS4 game. Have you seen it? or seen the comparison video?

Top Bottom