• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales Web Swinging Gameplay Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the swinging in Spider-man PS4, which is a good thing. Only complaint I've got is I wouldve liked to see him build up speed. PS4 limited acceleration so you couldn't outpace load speeds, but PS5 shouldn't have that issue. I'd like to know if they removed the cap or not.

Is it bad that I can't tell if this is the original spiderman or MM? Guess I need to load it back up and play a bit. Biggest thing missing is reflections of Spiderman in glass buildings. Odd they reflect the surrounding buildings but not him. Some reason that really stood out to me while watching this.

DavidGzz

Yep, looks like Demon's Souls will be in a league of it's own this holiday when it comes to visuals. Still excited to play this.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Web swinging still looks a bit floaty and automated but eh, not surprised. Still, it looks like the PS4 game so it'll be fun.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Is it bad that I can't tell if this is the original spiderman or MM? Guess I need to load it back up and play a bit. Biggest thing missing is reflections of Spiderman in glass buildings. Odd they reflect the surrounding buildings but not him. Some reason that really stood out to me while watching this.
That might be because it's not using Ray Traced reflections for the character, so it would have to use SSR which would then look very wrong.

MastaKiiLA

If that's from the PS4, then great! If it's PS5, then it better be the performance mode, because reflections are wonky.

Am I wrong to think that this person isn't very good at web swinging? Because they keep releasing at the high-point, killing all kinds of momentum. Also, they biffed a couple of times.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Looks like the swinging in Spider-man PS4, which is a good thing. Only complaint I've got is I wouldve liked to see him build up speed. PS4 limited acceleration so you couldn't outpace load speeds, but PS5 shouldn't have that issue. I'd like to know if they removed the cap or not.
It looks like they made him appear clumsy and inexperienced in his web swinging with the way he flails sometimes, which seems less smooth than the original to me. I wonder if his skill will improve over the course of the game?

Last edited:

Beardsalt

If this is the PS4 version, then damn, it’s visually amazing what they squeezed out of the PS4!

It‘s gotta be the PS4 version because the PS5 has the Ray-traced reflections when he gets close to a reflective surface like glass!

INC

I font see his reflection in the glass

No RT confirmed or ps4 version

Last edited:

FranXico

That's just the PS4 version. The swinging animations (and default suit) for Miles Morales are very different.

TonyK

This is ps4 footage

oM6j50n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom