• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sounds like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ware also coming this year

mcjmetroid

I don’t understand, the one good 3D Zelda was announced yesterday...?

Sarcasm apart, WW is easily the weakest of the three. While I reevaluated TP through the years, it’s still a very bizarre game and one of those times when Nintendo clearly tried going after Sony’s games in style and gameplay, with... not really good results.
I really suggest you guys play Twilight Princess again or at least the HD version I think. It's the best 3D Zelda game.
Wind waker by comparison has not aged as well.

I figure these will both come to the switch eventually, I just don't see them releasing them as a pack. I've been itching to replay Twilight Princess so hopefully we get that one next year sometime.
I really suggest you guys play Twilight Princess again or at least the HD version I think. It's the best 3D Zelda game.
While I still love WW and think it's a great game, I agree, it hasn't really aged all that well. The dungeons are all pretty good but none of them are really great and the ocean is boring.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I did. Played both HD remasters on the WiiU. Still definitely NOT the best 3D Zelda game to me.
Wind Waker HD on the other hand, made some sorely needed QoL improvements. I’ll never replay the original GC version if you paid me to.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Totally, I wasn't into Twilight Princess on the Wii at all so left it after a couple hours of play. Bought for WiiU at BotW launch along with Wind Waker and amazing game. BotW I loathed, and Wind Waker was cute but bland and way too short. TP was just epic. Celestia is the best Zelda dungeon ever IMO.

Kokoloko85

Im guessing we’re not gonna get the OOT and Majoras Mask collection 3DS style that was rumoured….

The next console better keep ur switch library as I already bought these on Gamecube, Wii and Wii U….

Kaachan

We are 4 years into the Switch’s lifetime and we still don’t have this.

Why not?

Evidently, judging from Skyward Sword HD’s overpricing, Nintendo are just as greedy with money as any other dickhead company, so why not follow up on that to give people the products they actually want in addition to charging them excessively?

I need this in my life

Gryllis

Neo Member
It'll happen eventually, Nintendo is almost out of Wii U ports.

Windwaker HD is already 8 years old though, remastering a 10 year old game when it launched. At this point, I'd almost prefer they just wait and remaster the remaster for Switch 2 in a few years.

Kaachan

Nah, Wind Waker in general has much more character, a fresher setting, a nicer narrative, a more interesting display of Princess Zelda among one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, and probably the best mechanics you can give to a sailboat. The graphics update on the Wii U is superb too and it was already a really good-looking game. The only thing, it should've more dungeons and a faster boat.

Twilight Princess got this:
colin.jpg
Twilight Princess also got this:

PQEUEpO.jpg

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not sure why this was bumped but I'll use it as an opportunity to shill for the greatness that is the Wii U and Twilight Princess.

Kokoloko85

Dream on. This is Nintendo we are talking about.

Most likely but then Ill use the next Nintendo Console as pirating machine out of spite lol

They did keep the same library between Wii and Wii U- DS/3DS. Playstation had to keep the PS4 library for PS5 and Im sure they will do the same for PS6

Fake

I much confess, I hated TP when I played first on my GC, but with time started to grow on me. The remaster for Wii U is very decent.

dave_d

I don't know, I played Twilight Princess HD and finally played it all the way through and wasn't much of a fan. From what I remember the dungeons in Skyward Sword were better and the bosses in TP are way too puzzley. (Then again I really like BotW to either one of those.)

Umbasaborne

Banned
Sounds about right. There should be a “Leaker OT” where we hold all the chumps accountable for their terrible predictions
I agree. At the other place they had a huge defense force. When an “””insider””” was wrong or clearly made something up and someone pointed that out or called them out on there bullshit, the moderators would go “PlAnS ChAnGe StOp HaRraSsiNg oUr InsIdeRs reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese”

then the “”””””insider””””” in question would go into defense mode on twitter and cry that we are ungrateful for the “services” they provide.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Im very doubtful that a re-release will randomly be announced some time in the next two months
Well let's hope so because Windwaker was my favorite opus with Ocarina of time.
The irony is that when it was revealed I was super disapointed, because I believed it would be like the realistic engine trailer they showed earlier.Ayway I ended up loving the game.

Sentenza

Nah, Wind Waker in general has much more character, a fresher setting, a nicer narrative, a more interesting display of Princess Zelda among one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, and probably the best mechanics you can give to a sailboat. The graphics update on the Wii U is superb too and it was already a really good-looking game. The only thing, it should've more dungeons and a faster boat.
Eh, even taking the QoL improvements introduced in the HD re-release in mind, Wind Waker was a fucking slog.
Twilight Princess had its slow moments as well, but overall it was a far better Zelda game, with some of the best dungeons in the entire franchise to boot.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, even taking the QoL improvements introduced in the HD re-release in mind, Wind Waker was a fucking slog.
Twilight Princess had its slow moments as well, but overall it was a far better Zelda game, with some of the best dungeons in the entire franchise to boot.
I guess what it boils down to is if you like the sailing aspect of Wind Waker, as it is somewhat repetitive. I'd still take Wind Waker for being a more creative display of the franchise as to Twilight Princess which is way to safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fake

Im very doubtful that a re-release will randomly be announced some time in the next two months

John from Digital Foundry said the of all companies, Nintendo was the most affected by COVID sittuation, so is not that hard taking into consideration the remaining games from Wii U that was not ported yet to Nintendo Switch.

Top Bottom