• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sounds like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ware also coming this year

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Also, this had better be a double pack at a decent price.
I'm not paying £50-60 for Skyward sword even though it's the only Zelda I haven't played when it looks barely updated and in button mode Link walks about with his sword pointed out like a goon.

Wow I had to look at that again ya why does he walk with his sword directly in front of him? Also mapping the sword motions to the right stick was done by modders in dolphin a long time ago. Not a big deal just funny how it's like revolutionary here.

Wind Waker HD is $19.99 on the WiiU eShop. (So is Mario 3D World.)

I'm telling ya, all the negative stuff that gets tossed around about the WiiU is flamebait nonsense. The system is fantastic and totally worth the investment.
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

If you love Zelda, the Wii U is by far the best all in one console. The only Zelda games not on the Wii U are the 3DS releases.

Last edited:

Camreezie

I think he’s talking about wind waker vs TP and SS.

the fanbase at large definitely considers WW the superior game

DK:TF was also $50 on the Wii U and bumped up to $60 on the switch
Hey gotta charge more for that Funky Kong goodness my dude

cireza

the Wii U is by far the best all in one console
This console does everything Nintendo from the NES to the Wii (Gamecube included through Nintendon't). And it does it right. Emulation of all these old systems is great, including GBA and DS. Console is natively compatible with Wii and GC, which enables 480p HDMI output for these systems as well.

Only 3DS is not available indeed.

Reactions: TLZ
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Easily. People have a fondness for it because of the art style and the era, but it's really sloppy compared to the good ones. Unfinished, under-designed, too easy, slow combat, stealth etc.

It's still good though.
Nah, Wind Waker in general has much more character, a fresher setting, a nicer narrative, a more interesting display of Princess Zelda among one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, and probably the best mechanics you can give to a sailboat. The graphics update on the Wii U is superb too and it was already a really good-looking game. The only thing, it should've more dungeons and a faster boat.

Twilight Princess got this:
colin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mcjmetroid

Most definitely, but Nintendo games are $10 cheaper at Walmart so I don’t mind spending $50 on one of my favorite games
No offence but.. you should have to buy your favoruite game only once.

Looking forward to buying it again and again is pretty sad.

Reactions: TLZ

Wunray

Nope. "$59.99"
😒😒
Nah, Wind Waker in general has much more character, a fresher setting, a nicer narrative, a more interesting display of Princess Zelda among one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, and probably the best mechanics you can give to a sailboat. The graphics update on the Wii U is superb too and it was already a really good-looking game. The only thing, it should've more dungeons and a faster boat.

Twilight Princess got this:
colin.jpg
Twilight princess has the better final boss fight.
Minda true form is better designed than any character in WW but groove trump's ever character in the entire series.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
That's right!
So you are one of the few that actually appreciated SS?
Incredible! I was surprised they compared it to BoW so much in the direct. To be fair, I get it, the similarities are definitely there and it seems like SS was a playground of what's to come, however, the progression is almost like the anti-thesis to BoW.
BoW is about exploration, experimentation, and interaction with the world. Skyward Sword is a linear and tight action-adventure that kinda feels like a huge dungeon. As the way to the dungeon, is already a dungeon.

Meesh

And just which Zelda, pray tell, is the "good one"?
In any case, Zelda releases of WW and TP is a good thing 😄

I see the constant battle between Zelda fans continues.

I really enjoyed my time with both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess when I played the HD versions on the Wii U. Wind Waker HD was my very first 3D Zelda game, so I have the most "fondness" for it and it remains my 3D favorite. Although I acknowledge that out of the ones I've played, it's probably the worst. (I've played OoT, WW, and TP).

I had a blast with them on Wii U but would not buy them again on Switch for $60 -- or even $50, for that matter. Maybe on a deep sale (I know... "deep sale" and "Nintendo" in the same context: cue the lulz :messenger_tears_of_joy:).

Last edited:

Fake

Thats good actually. Better than SS. Maybe putting all those three games at 60$ would be more fair.

Majmun

Switch's big guns seem to be re-releases and new Smash characters. Nothing worth switching the console on for...

We need more reveals like Splatoon 3, or something more exciting. I want more info on Metroid 4 goddammit. Or something entirely new.

But since Nintendo's new shtick is re-releasing stuff, at least reveal something more unique, like the Baten Kaitos games or Xenoblade Chronicles. I've really had enough of the Nintendo re-re-re-re-re-re-releases. Keep them.

Last edited:

Fake

What does fair have to do with anything? I thought we were talking about Nintendo game re-releases.

The price, I guess?

IMO people can make whatever they want with their money, but is not like we can tell what is a good deal or not. $60 for only a single game, even a remaster, is too much to ask.

And everyone here knows Nintendo will do this until the end, right? Nintendo Switch don't have BC mode, so more milk about that premisse.

Last edited:
The price, I guess?

IMO people can make whatever they want with their money, but is not we can tell what is a good deal or not. $60 for only a single game, even a remaster, is much to ask.

And everyone here knows Nintendo will do this until the end, right? Nintendo Switch don't have BC mode, so more milk about that premisse.
Well, it's Nintendo so you can either pay full price, skip the game or wait for a sale that could never happen, even years after release.

That's not even an insult to Nintendo. It's actually a compliment.

How Nintendo has managed to pull this off, while Sony and others have their much higher-budget games fall to a fraction of the original price in mere months, is pretty impressive (and frustrating).

Last edited:

Fake

Well, it's Nintendo so you can either pay full price, skip the game or wait for a sale that could never happen, even years after release.

That's not even an insult to Nintendo. It's actually a compliment.

How Nintendo has managed to pull this off, while Sony and others have their much higher-budget games fall to a fraction of the original price in mere months, is pretty impressive (and frustrating).

Was Super Mario 3D All-Stars a limited time game? Correct me if I wrong.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
They already have the code from the Wii U versions. So it must be one of the easiest things in the world to do..much easier than Skyward Sword.

Quasicat

As long as my WiiU still works, I’m not rebuying these games at full price. Maybe if they hit one of those rare eShop 30% off deals, but even that’s too high for games I already own and can play at any time.

e&e

Banned
Didn’t Nintendo just release a collection of Mario games for $60? There is precedent that they could do this with these games...

Edit: goddamn on these phones, I have to edit everything I text out because these phones are a piece of shit!

Last edited:

BlackTron

I notice a lack of confidence in this after I saw the Direct guy begging for BoW fans to try out Skyward Sword(lol).

If they want to get a better perception, they should launch them as a collection.

And why they would do that if they can slap a single game with that price tag and let their fans spam "haters gonna hate" over valid criticism?

I would say though, releasing a collection of those games would be neat, even though I'm not a fan at all of WW. Twilight Princess is a bad Zelda game but not a bad game at all.

Aonuma the actual developer/gamer understands this and was trying his best with what he had, which was the upstairs suit's decision to whore out all their Zelda's at full price. I would go for a Mario 3D style collection for $60 but I'm simply not buying ALL these games again just to have on Switch.

The only one I really want, OOT is missing in action. The last time it was available on console was the Gamecube promo disk. A 3DS port does nothing for me, this is a console game.

I can even play Link's effing Awakening on the big screen by now, but not OOT. Come on.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-nintendo-34696597-500-233.gif
Roaming the oceans in Wind Waker is unbelievable.

And Twilight Princess is basically Ocarina of Time on steroids.
tumblr_nccruoaHSC1runiejo2_500.gif

Zelda games are just powerhouses...

This is coming from the same person who leaked the Super Mario 3D All-Stars

The general message I’m reading is that we won’t be hearing more until after March 31st since Nintendo is still technically celebrating Mario’s 35th anniversary.

edit: fucking thread typos... *are*

I'm still kinda blown away that Nintendo appears to be celebrating the 35th anniversary of Mario with a friggin Wiiu port

I begrudgingly bought the 3DS ports but playing anything on the circle pad is suffering. Would gladly buy them on Switch if they were priced reasonably.

Ulysses 31

The 60 fps might be reason enough for me to get them replay on Switch! :p

Now if only OOT/MM got an official 60 fps release....

Kataploom

Gold Member
I may get both later since I already played them in the last decade, I'm ok with just resolution bump since for me GC era games already look good enough but I'll hope for release them at 60 fps too as they're doing with Skyward Sword... The colors and whole art-style in the game really pop just because of it

Top Bottom