• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony have done it. PlayStation 5 has had the Biggest Q1 for ANY console in HISTORY shipping 6.3 Million Units!

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Last edited:
I will never understand people being happy or excited about a huge tech corp selling a shit tonne of consoles I mean its impressive but I couldn't give a rats ass how many consoles they sell as long as they keep the games comin.
The more money corporations make, the greater the incentive to expand. For Sony, this means more games and bigger budgets for its studios

Pelta88

tammy-vickie.gif

I mean, what else did people expect? All that PS4 momentum and mindshare carried forward and was met with games like Ragnarok, Returnal, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet, Gran Turismo, Miles Morales, and a plethora of carefully curated indie titles. Coupled with a CEO who shuts the fuck up and focuses on delivering games instead of utterly meaningless PR smoke.

Last edited:

Elios83

I will never understand people being happy or excited about a huge tech corp selling a shit tonne of consoles I mean its impressive but I couldn't give a rats ass how many consoles they sell as long as they keep the games comin.

But it's precisely for that that people want to see good hardware sales.
If a platform is successful it will get more and more games.
If it's a flop it's destined to lose support as companies will shift investements elsewhere.

Raonak

Banned
Firstly, you're on a video game forum. Of course we are happy when games and platforms we like do well. We're all passionate about this shit or else why would we even post here on a almost daily basis.

Secondly, If the huge tech company makes a product you really like. Then it makes sense to be happy about said product selling more because it means huge tech corporation will invest more in the product. Specifically this just means more playstation games and content which is a win.

Last edited:

saintjules

Right? It's weird. Well at least it isn't another Christopher Dring UK Boxed Charts thread.

BlackTron

Switch is long in the tooth and Xbox is Xbox. It's a good environment for Sony to succeed by being competent at their own playbook. They just filled in the missing piece of the puzzle (hardware blockage). When companies do the artificial scarcity thing it's lame and usually due to less confidence in the product (hi Nintendo). When the product is actually good and the scarcity is not artificial its reputation is magnified exponentially. I think the scarcity actually helped it over the long term but only thanks to Sony's CAREFUL management of the crisis.

It's an insane number of units. No redesign, no price drop, just sheer demand.

makaveli60

LOL, like it’s the merit of the current leadership. No, it isn’t, Jim Ryan and co are still riding the PS4 dreamteam waves. Still, it’s really impressive that without no nextgen games almost, it sells like that. I really hope with these numbers they finally start to leave lastgen behind…

Top Bottom