• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has gotta have the worst customer service

MonkD

For some reason I can't buy Devil May Cry Collection on the PS4. I wonder it's because I already have the game on PS3.
You'd think they'd give you a better indication of what the conflict is, instead of a generic message or the content just says "unavailable".

I miss the grid based/folder store design from the PS3 days...

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Maybe but they refunded my ps+ premium no questions asked 2 days after email.
I just said I don’t like it

Spyxos

Gold Member
You forgot to cancel? And how is the service shit when they still did resolve it without actually much hassle?
In what way could they possibly improve about your shit performance as an ignorant customer, while doing everything perfectly fine, correcting your lazy ass oversights? Some people are just entitled to the brim. smh
You're living in a dream world somewhere. As a paying customer, the last thing I want to experience is arrogance from support, that they are so gracious and will only cancel once.

Codes 208

How did you let that happen? I have to enter a password to buy.
Since my account is the only one on my playstation which no one else uses, i have the passcode disabled

(Specifically for the console, if i want to buy something on the online store via my phone or pc then i still have 2-step and whatnot)

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yes, it’s incorrect.

Ubisoft didn’t pioneer anything. Steam offered 14 days/2hrs or less while Ubi wasn't even offering refunds.
Maybe I'm misremembering, I was under the impression uplay started offering refunds after the disastrous launch of ac unity; I definitely remember reading people calling ubi and getting a refund.

So almost a week ago tried to get a refund on a digital purchase that was so poorly described it led me to believe it had content it didn't have. Everyone else shows you what is included with digital packages, Nintendo, Xbox, Steam, ect, you can always see exactly what is included with the bundle, but not on Playstation, you have to rely entirely upon the description. Anyways, after waiting over a half hour to chat with some customer service agent to request my refund, after I already had to wait until business hours to even attempt to chat with them, they told me that it would take up to 5 days to process a request for refund and that I would receive an email. Well 6 days later I finally got that email, and here it is:

Hi (my name),

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

As outlined in our PlayStation Store Cancellation Policy, in addition to your rights relating to faulty goods, you can change your mind and cancel your digital content purchase for 14-days after the transaction date so long as it has not been downloaded or consumed.

After investigating your request, we have identified that the content you have requested a refund for does not qualify under our Cancellation Policy, either because it was purchased more than 14 days ago or because it has been downloaded or consumed within 14 days from purchase. Therefore, we are unable to offer you a refund for this purchase.

I understand this is not the outcome you were hoping for, however you can read more about our Cancellation Policy here: https://www.playstation.com/legal/playstation-store-cancellation-policy

Please reference your case # ******* if you need to contact us about this again.

Thanks,
The PlayStation Support Team

Now keep in mind how it A: hasn't been over 14 days, I sent the request the same day I bought it, and B: I haven't even downloaded the content or the game that I got it for, with absolutely no playtime, trophies, or anything. So they blatantly lie to me about why they're denying me a refund, and just send me a canned response that honestly feels like a slap in the face and an insult to my intelligence. Yeah, I might be able to escalate this further, but honestly, I am treating this as a lesson on how Sony apparently has the worst customer service in the business, and why I should just generally avoid doing further business with them whenever possible. Thought I should at least share this experience so others can see how they treat their customers, and this is only the second time I have ever requested a refund for a game despite having bought digital content from them since the PS3 era.
If you are in the USA, be sure to contact the FTC and the Better Business Bureau about your issue. Not enough people contact the proper authorities when these things happen.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Maybe I'm misremembering, I was under the impression uplay started offering refunds after the disastrous launch of ac unity; I definitely remember reading people calling ubi and getting a refund.

You’re probably not far off. I remember Unity having a bad launch, and that was around the end of 2014. So probably sometime in 2015, but after Origin, GoG, Steam, and Greenmangaming.

simpatico

Steam refunds are automated. Can’t imagine having to argue over it. The policy actually makes me buy many more games because I tell myself I’ll refund it if I don’t like it.

Last edited:

jayj

Banned
jayj jayj you dishonored Sony customer service not once, but twice. The Avengers have marked you now and the forum authorities have been notified. Complaining about Forza really saved you there. If I were you I'd go to the Indiana Jones thread and mention that it should be 3rd person and that the devs are scared, just to be on the safe side.
Yeah it is crazy how aggressively some people have been reacting to my complaints, even going so far as to attempt character assassination, getting me moderated, and cherry picking things like the bundle I bought to focus on criticizing, claiming I should have known better (even though another member helped prove the validity of my claim when I said they only added the detail on what DLC was included at a later date), basically suggesting nobody should ever expect to have something refunded just because they misread something or changed their mind about it, despite that being a standard that everyone else in the industry seems to honor.

It's like I don't get it, are they Sony employees or something? Are they heavily invested in their stock or something? Why all this aggressive defense for some big corporation? Sure I get how people can be a fan of something, but that is no excuse for trying to aggressively stifle discontent like that. Some people really need to grow up and realize how these corporations are not our friends. It's like look, I like Sony enough to keep buying their consoles and games, but that doesn't mean I feel a need to ignore instances when I have been wronged by them. Heck acknowledging these sort of things and holding them accountable for them is how companies like that improve, if we're all complacent with bad and abusive behavior, it will wind up having a bad effect on all of us. These companies are only concerned with what makes them the most money at the end of the day, and they're all the same in that regard.
Just anecdotal reference but I recently found out Sony PlayStation customer service is outsourced to Foundever based out of Las Vegas.

A global call center outsourcing company that focuses on making money by being appealing to companies by doing their best to never give the customer anything, and since they get paid on a bulk call amount basis, they want to get the customer off the phone as quickly as possible to bill Sony for the next call.

Almost as if Sony purposefully chose the worst and cheapest company to outsource their customer service to in the industry.
This just basically backs up what I just said about how these companies are only concerned with what makes them the most money at the end of the day.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Since my account is the only one on my playstation which no one else uses, i have the passcode disabled

(Specifically for the console, if i want to buy something on the online store via my phone or pc then i still have 2-step and whatnot)
Man, I would be way too paranoid that one night I would come back drunk and order $300 worth of games because it seemed like a great idea at 3am. 😁

That totally never happened in PS3/X360 era! 😅

Shwing

I love PlayStation, but this is where Sony are soooooooooo far behind the curve - customer service!
They are shocking.
They don't even seem to care, which is worse.
Seriously Sony - up your game!

MarkMe2525

*deleted. Sad to say, but I fear my voicing displeasure with this particular decision, will end with my account being banned as well.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

What are you talking about? jayj jayj getting banned? Dude was just a troll warrior.
The crux of what I said was, he may be guilty of having opinions that most did not like and was quite the 'negative nancy", but I regularly come across worse. A perm seemed overkill. I won't be talking about it further as there is no real point to it, and I would rather not be banned.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The crux of what I said was, he may be guilty of having opinions that most did not like and was quite the 'negative nancy", but I regularly come across worse. A perm seemed overkill. I won't be talking about it further as there is no real point to it, and I would rather not be banned.

I get it. I don't want you to get banned either if you've had a post deleted, but I will say that I saw some of his posts that were deleted elsewhere that were not related to this thread. He wasn't banned for complaining about Sony's customer service, I don't think.

Last edited:

SenkiDala

I mean, it's bad, but at least it exists. Try getting in touch with a human at Google or Facebook.
For what it worth I asked a refund for a game I bought on Play Store, the game was shit I asked a refund and it was instant.

Same goes with Xbox you don't need to talk to anyone, perfect.

Nintendo you need to exchange a couple of messages but they do the job.

Apple is perfect too, ask a refund, get the refund.

Steam : perfect.

Sony is just purposely bad about this, they hope that most people will give up. They stole me 60€ a few years ago. Horrible customer service.

Top Bottom