• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's amazing how bad Sony is when it comes to PS Store refunds

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I just find it funny people asking for a refund from companies that could just take it off you anyway without you getting a penny back.
Enjoy it while it lasts, once everything is digital, refunds are going bye, bye.
And your purchases will have a end of use date.

Aion002

At least on the first (and only) time for me was quite simple: I went to the chat support, explained that the game that I had just bought gave me migraines and the dude just said: that's a pity, the money is back on your account. I spent like 10 minutes at most on the chat queue, but that was it.

I guess I got lucky.

I never really felt the need to refund anything.
I think the closest thing to regret after a buy was the Fear2 DLC.
But I am also not the fomo beta-test-pilot full price buyer anyway. So returning digital bargain bin stuff, would be somewhat moronic for those 5, 10 or even 20 bucks.

Might be law that returns must be possible, even though every purchase says something about with this click I accept the sale as finalized once I download (not even play) the game. But if it should be possible by law I wonder how Sony circumvented that so far. I guess licensed access and ownership are just not really clearly worded in those laws... and as long as lawmakers are asleep at the wheel Sony won't budge. Having an easy refund policy with some flexible rules depending on the games, more flexible than the hour cutoff steam has, I would agree with that, it would totally be the customer is always right approach, but if Sony does not like their customers to take a chance on games, throttle the game sales in that way and it bothers anyone than they shouldn't buy any risky games there. Sony seems not to care to lose these uncertain sells and attract customers willing to experiment.
Most people should know the differences and disadvantages of platforms by now. Only if someone just got a PS, only because everyone else has one and did not know what it entails, they should just refund the fucking console as a whole if it really is a deciding factor since as I said Sony seems not inclined to bother and change it. Shown with the massive wtf action they did with Cyberpunk.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Yeah their policies feel so restricted, you need the best god damn reason in the world and even then they make you feel like they're on the edge of saying "sorry we can't refund you", so you got to play like a pitiful mofo on his knees.

I imagine them all with their crooked smile
Evil Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

JayK47

So Sony isn't perfect . I'm shocked to hear it. Well if they are king of the hill, they can do whatever they want. It's not like you will stop playing PS over this, is it?

Mr Moose

It's over a bad listing really. A DLC bundle that was poorly described, doesn't really tell you what's included, and despite it sharing the same name as a DLC bundle for the same exact game on Steam, it included far less content.
I thought the game pages/DLC lists exactly what you are getting?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Sony obviously doesn't want their refund system to turn into a de facto free rental store like it is on Steam. I was shocked when I read that Steam was receiving hundreds of thousands of refund requests a day. I don't know what game OP is referring to but I always thought PSN descriptions are clear about what DLC is included.

Last edited:

th4tguy

I’ve only asked for a refund once. Bought costume quest 2 for PS3 when I meant to buy the ps4 version.
No push back but I did get the “one time exception” notice. It’s stupid.
I’m all for smart purchases and taking ownership of bad choices but if a product is misrepresented in the description or just broken, it shouldn’t be an issue or hindered by a “one time exception “.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Steams policy is the exception not the rule.

It’s wild I can try a game for 2 hours and refund it.

Sushi_Combo

They've been shit at this for a while.
Still waiting for a decent refund system and a gifting system for the store itself.

I bought wayfinder and loaded it only to realize I needed ps+ to play. They denied my refund request because I played it…. I fully accept I should have read the store page better but my god come on.
Download it, make your account the primary. Add another (local) account and play on that. Your account shows 0 gametime. Presto! Refund possible. Worked for me but a shame that it works that way.

dorkimoe

Download it, make your account the primary. Add another (local) account and play on that. Your account shows 0 gametime. Presto! Refund possible. Worked for me but a shame that it works that way.
Makes sense but I shouldnt have to do that in my case where its a PS+ game and they can see I dont have PS+

Jayjayhd34

Got dying light 2 refunded with hour that's the only refund I've done on ps by sound of your post they changed how you do it.

Top Bottom