• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Collector's Edition Watches Are Already Breaking One Month After Use

CapMaster

Neo Member
These special editions are insanely cheap nowadays. The latest spongebob game had a collector's edition that cost $250 and came with stuff you'd get out of a quarter machine in front of a drug store. Literally bouncy balls and postcards.

Two-hundred-and-fifty dollars for Burger King Kids Club swag.

DxLWMVR.jpg
xHyPWG8.gif

Nydius

Have you upgraded the firmware? A firmware update was released for the weather support, maybe it will fix your other issues? Otherwise it sounds like the pcb itself is just faulty.

Yeah. I mean, it didn't give me a choice. The very first time I paired it with the app it updated the firmware.

In a way I kinda wish it hadn't because the original software let me tweak the sensitivity of the gyro for the "wake on look" feature but the updated firmware took away those options.

hinch7

These special editions are insanely cheap nowadays. The latest spongebob game had a collector's edition that cost $250 and came with stuff you'd get out of a quarter machine in front of a drug store. Literally bouncy balls and postcards.

Two-hundred-and-fifty dollars for Burger King Kids Club swag.

DxLWMVR.jpg
xHyPWG8.gif
I've seen much worse collectors editions for the money. At least that one comes with a pretty large statue that looks to be relatively good quality. Not worth the $250 asking price though.

Can see the figure/statue value maybe being $100-$120 and game being $60... that leaves the other junk at $80 or so. But then again. people buying these aren't interested in value and just want the limited edition item/s plus game.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Bethesduh is a fucking disgrace. Whoever gives Toddler money for this shit deserves to be DDT'd into it.

Last edited:

Nydius

Why the fuck would you even wear
Because it's a decent watch, regardless of what you think.
It's built well, it looks good, has a comfortable band, long battery life, and has a decent featureset for a low end smartwatch.

When it works.

That's the problem part.

People are giving you shit but it's your money.
If something makes you happy, that is pointless to other people.. who cares? fuck em.
We all spend money on stuff we don't need. I dont see why some of these not needed items are more worthy than others.
Have a good day!
People saying stuff about a game or piece of hardware on here or social media always cracks me up

I just got it to go with my Fallout watch holder, which funnily enough people never had an issue with (I wonder why) In the end like everything outsourced to cheap Chinese labour it's not built to last *rollseyes*

23447381325_3e9b533436_k.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
Not to sound too snarky, but what the fuck were you expecting?

1. Bethesda's pedigree with collector edition items is terrible. TERRIBLE
2. It takes an extreme amount of software and hardware engineering skill to make an actual, functional and long-lasting smartwatch. This was always nothing more than a gimmick item

Top Bottom