• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Collector's Edition Watches Are Already Breaking One Month After Use

Draugoth

Gold Member
Starfield-Watch.jpg

Starfield Collector´s Edition owners are complaining that their collector's edition watches are already breaking after just a month of use.

One buyer shares their experience dealing with customer service to amend the issue, saying that none of the suggestions have worked, and they have not been offered a replacement or refund so far.

So much for the Starfield watch. It's dead after a month and a week," says Reddit user Tovrin. "I left it on the charger and a day later... the watch is dead. I tried everything to get it working, including support instructions on the Bethesda website and nothing would bring it back.

I am not expecting any satisfaction. I'm not expecting a repair or replacement. It'll probably be going back into the box it came with... dead forever."

Others say this has also happened to their watches, strongly suggesting that this isn't an isolated case:

Mine died a few days, maybe a week after I got it. after I left it charging one night, the software seemingly bricked itself. I have been exchanging emails with Bethesda support for almost a month now. Right now, I've sent it back to them, and I'm waiting for them to confirm sending me a replacement.

It seems that with enough persistence, you will be able to arrange for the watch to be sent back to Bethesda, who should send you a replacement. You'll just have to make it through all of the initial steps, where the support team may ask you to attempt repairs that you've already tried.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Collectors Editions have been scams/cheap/not worth it for at least a whole generation now in the ps3/x360 days I'd buy almost all of them

The days of good Arcade sticks (MK9) full soundtracks, 200+ page hardcover artbooks, lockboxes, full size bags (things you could actually use forever) ect. are long gone

Saber

Gold Member
If this was really developed by them, then there can't be say they didn't saw this coming. After all, "it just works".

Last edited:

Reckheim

I'm surprised people are actually using these watches unironically. They always looked super cheap. If I were to ever get a collector edition of anything I'd imagine I would just put it on the shelf to show my friends what type of a loser I am.

The finest canvas in the land. This video should be well know but we never know. I learned of it in Neogaf after all.

I hope he does a video on starfield, it deserves it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom