• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog Movie First Look (IGN)

Typhares

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/12...-look-check-out-the-exclusive-official-poster

Sonic, voiced by Ben Schwartz, finds himself in our present-day world, wherein he develops a relationship with James Marsden's Tom Wachowski and also finds himself at odds with Jim Carrey's Dr. Robotnik. As expected, mayhem ensues.

The production team behind the movie opted to go for a more realistic take on Sonic -- down to his updated new kicks -- than the more cartoony version we've seen in the past.

More info at the link but wow I'm not a fan of the design, looks creepy to me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What in the unholy fuck is that thing? Is that Sonic's head surgically transplanted onto a young boy?

Deuterion

This is going to suck badly. Sonic needs to be taken from Sega at this point...they don’t deserve him. Lease him to Nintendo for the next 10 years...

Wunray

We have strayed too far from God, this is sinful, this is an abomination, is it too late to go back?
1N0UjV3.jpg

Last edited:

JCK75

Wait so this is another one of those Character through some strange magic ends up in our world movies? Not a single time that it's been done has that worked but sure, why not one more attempt with a weaker protagonist than all of the others that have tried.

Sonic Boom is so entertaining, how could they F this up so badly?

Last edited:

GenericUser

So we live in a world, where at least one human being thought, this is a good idea. Almost unbelieveable, but at least tells my that anything is possible.

Doczu

Holy shit i just hope this will be a "So bad it's good" type of movie, as i don't think this will be even mediocre.

Belmonte

I'm worried my nephews would not want to play Sonic anymore when they are visiting me. I'm not even joking.

JimiNutz

Banned
I always wanted a Sonic movie as a kid but not like this... I guess be careful what you wish for.

The only hope now is that it's so ridiculously awful that it's awesome.

Last edited:

Typhares

In case people aren't reading the article:
The most challenging part of Sonic’s updated design isn’t revealed in this teaser: his eyes. The filmmakers struggled with how best to depict Sonic’s eyes because often he’s only seen with one, and that wouldn’t translate well to the live-action movie.

So what you're seeing now wasn't the hard part, brace yourselves!

Last edited:

olimariOA

Banned
That sonic design is revolting
A huge missed opportunity to do the movie in stop-motion in the style of something like Tumble Leaf

animationmore_c.jpg

BixPix_BTS_Final_061714-Vimeo.mov.01_01_53_03.Still013.png

RAIDEN1

Why not go for the CGI route like Toy Story? The design could end up being nearly as bad as the Teenage Mutant Hero/Ninja Turtles re-boot..

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
What the fuck is that...? It’s like the werehog that was nightmare fuel.

They only had to make him look like sonic... they didn’t even manage that... good lord...

Also the muscles are lol worthy, and it looks like he has blue arms, which was the biggest turn off about him in other media before... Jesus...

Last edited:

Blam

Alright all i needed to see that it was being done by the producer of fast and furious and that means this is gonna be GREAT.

BANGS

Banned
This is honestly unreal how bad it looks and I can't even fathom anybody thinking this looks good... This makes the detective pikachu movie look amazing by comparison...

Domisto

Sonic races through the green fields.
The sun races through a blue sky filled with white clouds.
The ways of his heart are much like the sun.
Sonic runs and rests; the sun rises and sets.
Don't give up on the sun.
Don't make the sun laugh at you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This looks like such a fun disastrous train wreck

iconmaster

Banned
If this had been revealed prior to Sonic Mania, I'd have said it's the movie the franchise deserves.

Now, I can only grieve.

Top Bottom