• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog Movie First Look (IGN)

L0wMax

LdoIH2G.jpg

Another poster has been found. Something about Sonic having human-ish proportions just looks so damn wrong. I'm watching Sonic Boom now and that Sonic looks perfectly fine as a 3d representation of him.
This film is going to be weird and bad, but maybe bad in a good way.

For some reason, all I can think about is that Sonic currently has his nuts on the Golden Gate bridge
Why does he have calves?

DonF

Who the fuck is Tom?

I feel like I'm going to Google this and find out that's the name of tails.
Quick google search, its movie related.

Synopsis
Small-town sheriff Tom Wachowski journeys to San Francisco to assist Sonic, a super fast anthropomorphic blue hedgehog, in his battle against the evil Dr. Robotnik

Also, please add a photo to your profile, I thought Kotaku was commenting.

llien

My first thought was, hey, they are overreacting.
But then I remembered that I hate Sonic anyhow :))). (it's the thing that brings my mobile down, when my little one runs out of patience)

I would go see a shit Sonic movie if Charlie Day voiced Sonic, because he would be Sunny Charlie because that is the only character he ever does.

stickkidsam

The lack of back spines (Quills? Spikes?) and a tail are still lame but......... ehhhhhh.......

It could be worse. His face is pretty expressive at least. Still not what I would've liked but it's not the B movie horror film I expected.

Too bad they couldn't have gotten Jason Griffith or Ryan Drummond for the voice though.

JimiNutz

Banned
If that's the final design it doesn't look too bad at all. I don't know why they didn't give him his normal coloured arms and I dont think the movie will actually be good but Sonic could def look a lot worse.

Last edited:
I feel like the nightmare fuel implications of the silhouette reveal lowered people's expectations enough to accept that low key trash tier design.

If this was the plan all along, it's not a bad marketing strategy.

Lol. 99.9% of video game movie adaptations are terrible anyway, so why would this be any different? Honestly, how hard is it to follow a video game script and then translate it to film? This should of been a CGI movie, not a live action movie. What are they thinking?

Dargor

Well, if that last image is the real one, its not that bad. It is still bad, but not that bad. shudders*

Top Bottom