• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something wild is going on, and ive tried to contact the moderation team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calverz

There is clearly something going on with a moderator on here that has a personal vendetta against me. I posted a comment in the forza vs gt7 thread that stated that forza looked a lot better than gt7 in the video asamsapple posted and within 50 seconds my post was deleted and i was thread banned. I've attempted to contact moderation multiple times to request a conversation and no one responds.

My post was deleted with the comment "you're trying too hard, fanboy". I mean really, what is that? We see horrific comments towards other members, and craziness all day but a comment about forza looking better on one video gets me banned from a thread within seconds.

I know the joke is why post a thread, just message moderation. I have done it multiple times. I have never been banned on this site but seem to be getting an increasing amount of thread bans and warnings.

Anyone got any ideas of how I can work through this with the moderation team, or who else I can contact?
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
"leagues" is far fetched. Yah, you can say you prefer one, but his claim seemed to be pretty embellished/exaggerated, as if there was some enormous generational difference

I also don't think that video comparison was taken in good faith. I have GT7 and it doesn't look anywhere near that bad/washed out. It's like they purposefully captured poor footage

If that video is some console warrior fanboy video that is purposefully making gt7 look worse then they got me. If I'm guilty of that then it sucks. I just went off the video. I can't keep up with who or what are fanboy made anymore....I'm too old.

fallingdove

If that video is some console warrior fanboy video that is purposefully making gt7 look worse then they got me. If I'm guilty of that then it sucks. I just went off the video. I can't keep up with who or what are fanboy made anymore....I'm too old.
You didn’t suspect something was up when Adamsapple “…Phil’s balls in my throat” Fanboy decided to post the video?

Sleepwalker

Getting animated over driving games seems like an odd way to pass the day.

They both look great. I just think they have demonstrably different aesthetic approaches. GT7 favours realism, Forza maintains more of an arcade like flair.

I think each looks better at different turns (pun not intended).

They're grindy racing sims, they have a better time warring on GAF than actually playing them.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Imagine getting upset about something like this and opening a thread to call out the mods.
It's NeoGaf, deal with it.
Can we start one of those chains like they do on reddit, where I repeat what you said but turn it into something else? I'll start.

"Imagine getting upset about something like this and posting in a thread to call out the OP.
It's NeoGaf, deal with it."

Edit: I knew you wouldn't leave me hanging demigod demigod

Last edited:
So, I can't say that I don't think it looks leagues better. They are both raining with the same car.

That's one specific instance and the raining stuff is actually kind of complicated to explain IMO.

See, Forza's looks more impressive "off-the-bat", like someone else was saying ITT. However, from the limited real-life circuit racing events I've seen, GT7 is actually more "realistic" in terms of adhering to the type of raining conditions pros would race on. I haven't seen any real-life professional circuit races where drivers are out in heavy rain/damn near monsoon storm rainy weather and bad visibility the way Forza is doing it, so it makes Forza kind of arcadey in that sense. IIRC, the races get delayed until the weather conditions improve a bit, then the racing resumes.

So, Forza's rainy weather conditions look more impressive, but GT7's are more realistic to what type of rainy weather pro drivers do IRL circuit racing, if that makes sense. But I'm kind of going off of memory; hard to get live broadcasts of circuit racing with the package we have at home. Speed Network's no longer available, it's been that way for many years.

Open Surprise are pretty bad, I'd say. Can't remember the game, but there was some other comparison where they just blatantly faked the FPS counter.

I'm sure someone remembers it.

Last edited:
There is clearly something going on with a moderator on here that has a personal vendetta against me. I posted a comment in the forza vs gt7 thread that stated that forza looked a lot better than gt7 in the video asamsapple posted and within 50 seconds my post was deleted and i was thread banned. I've attempted to contact moderation multiple times to request a conversation and no one responds.

My post was deleted with the comment "you're trying too hard, fanboy". I mean really, what is that? We see horrific comments towards other members, and craziness all day but a comment about forza looking better on one video gets me banned from a thread within seconds.

I know the joke is why post a thread, just message moderation. I have done it multiple times. I have never been banned on this site but seem to be getting an increasing amount of thread bans and warnings.

Anyone got any ideas of how I can work through this with the moderation team, or who else I can contact?
Post about it in the gaming section of the forum, that'll surely help.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Imagine being so bothered by something so stupid that you feel the need to make such a cringey announcement about it :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Jesus dude, grow up.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I feel for you Dench, but my anecdotal evidence is that in the ABK thread there has consistently been a high number of alts created to circumvent bans from certain notorious Xbox fans, combined with the leaks re: confirmed evangelism as an actual strategy that MS employ and I'm not surprised that there’s a high degree of scrutiny for our green friends.

MarkMe2525

Calm your titties. Just take OP by the hand, rent a room and go cuddle together. You'll both feel better.
You aren't doing it right. You are supposed to repeat what I said, but change it. I thought I was clear. I even gave an example.

I do like a good cuddle though.

Edit: demigod demigod , I almost missed one. Thank you for the reaction score bump

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I feel for you Dench, but my anecdotal evidence is that in the ABK thread there has consistently been a high number of alts created to circumvent bans from certain notorious Xbox fans, combined with the leaks re: confirmed evangelism as an actual strategy that MS employ and I'm not surprised that there’s a high degree of scrutiny for our green friends.
I thought it was disgusting that we bullied genuine users. I know for a fact we lost a genuine hero (and I don't throw the word Hero around easily) but that man was a hero. Rip SoloKingRobert SoloKingRobert

Freeman76

I've had the same thing, I wouldnt let it worry you. Had 'low effort' posts deleted when far worse are left standing, posts deleted accusing me of 'console wars' when I'm an owner of every console manufactured.

At the end of the day, its a forum with 1000s of members, none of whom you probably know personally. Fuck it

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Yeah, I can see that. I don't fly with that shit though. No way I'm condoning some dirty ass shill. If you like something, like it. Don't pretend to like it to get paid. They should get bitch slapped!

Bitch Slap Slapping GIF by absurdnoise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom