• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something wild is going on, and ive tried to contact the moderation team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
saying it looks leagues better seems fanboyish. they look similar. maybe you prefer the look of one vs the other. but "leagues better"? come on man....they're two driving games..... that video is straight up garbage quality too.

have you played GT7 in person? it's a great looking game
Rofif insists that Forspoken looks good. There are worse takes out there.

Topher

Gold Member
Rofif insists that Forspoken looks good. There are worse takes out there.

Motion to ban rofif rofif ..

always sunny vote GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Hey guys, what's going on? I'm pretty sure I smelled gold coming down the hallway, so I figured I'd come in and see what's up.

I've had a warning/deleted post once or twice. Both times were strange because I believe what I typed was taken out of context. I've never been a firestarter, and that won't change. But, I understand in a lot of cases there's a lot of crap that gets cleaned up here on a daily basis (especially platform/console warrior stuff). So I figure there could be a few accidents, misunderstandings, etc. I just never took it personally and moved on.

MarkMe2525

saying it looks leagues better seems fanboyish. they look similar. maybe you prefer the look of one vs the other. but "leagues better"? come on man....they're two driving games..... that video is straight up garbage quality too.

They can both look great. One can still hold the opinion that one looks significantly better. These ideas are not mutually exclusive. I wouldn't say Forza looks much better, but it wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with someone else's perception of something.

Edit: hey demigod demigod , nice to see you again..I'm glad me talking some sense helps you find some happiness today.

Last edited:
They can both look great. One can still hold the opinion that one looks significantly better. These ideas are not mutually exclusive. I wouldn't say Forza looks much better, but it wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with someone else's perception of something.

"leagues" is far fetched. Yah, you can say you prefer one, but his claim seemed to be pretty embellished/exaggerated, as if there was some enormous generational difference

I also don't think that video comparison was taken in good faith. I have GT7 and it doesn't look anywhere near that bad/washed out. It's like they purposefully captured poor footage

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
first-time-james-franco.gif

I got a lot of those snarky " Console Warrior " deleted posts during the FF16 release and only for FF16 posts. lol. so stupid and clearly it upset someone.. but hey whatcha gonna do?

FF16 sucks...
I got them in the Xbox and Activision acquisition thread. Some are way too sensitive when Sony aren’t on the winning side of everything.

zephiross

“We see horrific comments towards other members, and craziness all day”

Where? I never see shit. God knows I’ve tried to provoke them but the worst I ever got was being told to go fuck myself. My wife says that before I get out of bed most days.
Maybe you should ban your wife

MarkMe2525

"leagues" is far fetched. Yah, you can say you prefer one, but his claim seemed to be pretty embellished/exaggerated, as if there was some enormous generational difference

I also don't think that video comparison was taken in good faith. I have GT7 and it doesn't look anywhere near that bad/washed out. It's like they purposefully captured poor footage
Look, it's just not something someone should be silenced for. Not to turn it into a whataboutism, but people were not getting thread banned for saying Starfield was no better than a PS3 game. I absolutely think that is far fetched, yet it's allowed on this forum. There are countless opinions that some would consider disingenuous, or bad takes. Where is that line in the sand drawn, because right now it's a crap shoot.

Edit: I'm happy to have demigod demigod show up to drop his "lol" emoji on my posts. It helps me gauge if I'm getting my point across. Keep up the good work

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Be thankful there is someone there to clean up your stupid comments (And I ain't saying you make stupid comments, I mean in general)
Did you really want multiple quotes calling you out on it?
If you did, you're trolling.
If not, they did you a favour.
I've had "a" comment deleted before and I didn't think anything of it other then...maybe they right.
Even if it was a joke and I'm sure the mods here know I joke around a lot and it was harmless.
But that doesn't means "other" members will see it that way so they make the call to delete even if they agree or not.
Nothing is personal guys. 👍

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Gt7 looks amazing, I own it and play it alot. I've just laid down 1500 euros on the fanatec gt dd pro for playstation to play it and forza. I even said they both look amazing earlier in the thread.

I only stated that in the video adamsapple shared that I thought that forza looked leagues better.

This thread isn't about gt7 and forza I was just stating the reason I got thread banned and the comment I put and basically, where can I get a response from moderation and a discussion to sort out what is happening.

Also, maybe have my post reinstated so people can decide if I crossed the line.

Look, it's just not something someone should be silenced for. Not to turn it into a whataboutism, but people were not getting thread banned for saying Starfield was no better than a PS3 game. I absolutely think that is far fetched, yet it's allowed on this forum. There are countless opinions that some would consider disingenuous, or bad takes. Where is that line in the sand drawn, because right now it's a crap shoot.

Oh, l am not commenting on his moderation. I don't know exactly what he said. I tend to prefer people saying what they want as long as its not inflammatory or disingenuous

Last edited:

poodaddy

Both games look outstanding, and though your comment was hyperbolic OP, I see nothing wrong with it considering pretty much everyone here unfortunately speaks in hyperbole. I honestly can't stand hyperbole in general, but if we're gonna allow people to trash pretty much any Xbox first party games with terms like shovelware and mediocre when their metacritics are in the 80's, then I can't see how there was anything wrong with your comment in terms of relativity.

Again, I love Gran Turismo and Forza, no dog in this race and to be completely honest I prefer the analytical look of Gran Turismo to the "louder" style of Forza, but I don't see why you were banned or why your comment was seen as so problematic in comparison to many of the posts I see here. The level to which people trash Xbox daily on this forum far exceeds that, and I very rarely ever see those posts actioned, though it does happen.

I don't know, I think it's probably a case of not what you said but how you said it...but I've no Idea.

I guess, if you've tried everything, this is your last resort to try and get some clarification.

MarkMe2525

Oh, l am not commenting on his moderation. I don't know exactly what he said. I tend to prefer people saying what they want as long as its not inflammatory or disingenuous
That is a reasonable take imo, but you also suggested he not share his opinion to avoid the moderation he received.

Edit: I'm referring to post#11

Edit edit: hey demigod demigod , you missed this one. It makes me sad to not have your laughing emoji in the corner of my post.

Last edited:
That is a reasonable take imo, but you also suggested he not share his opinion to avoid the moderation he received.

It was a joke. Not knowing what he said specifically or his full history, I don't have any comments as to this specific situation.

But it could have been a string of posts made by Drench that lead up to it, too. So you can't take one post in isolation. I don't mind the fella Drench but we know he leans a certain way

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

If that video is some console warrior fanboy video that is purposefully making gt7 look worse then they got me. If I'm guilty of that then it sucks. I just went off the video. I can't keep up with who or what are fanboy made videos anymore, I'm too old.

I got them in the Xbox and Activision acquisition thread. Some are way too sensitive when Sony aren’t on the winning side of everything.
From the outside in, console graphical comparisons can be fun to look at. Also, this forum is in for a fun ride if those Switch 2 rumors end up true and it ends up being a PS5 competitor thanks to tech like DLSS.

I posted a comment in the forza vs gt7 thread that stated that forza looked a lot better than gt7 in the video asamsapple posted

Gonna go out on a limb and say the moderators did us a favor then, chief 🤐

Does Forza look better than GT7 in certain, very specific areas? Yes. But a lot better? Nope. And in areas like car model details, GT7 is objectively superior.

From the outside in, console graphical comparisons can be fun to look at. Also, this forum is in for a fun ride if those Switch 2 rumors end up true and it ends up being a PS5 competitor thanks to tech like DLSS.

By that logic it would be a Series X competitor too because in most games PS5 has been outperforming Series X.

So either people are thinking Series X isn't even in the running anymore, or Switch 2 will outperform it with DLSS. Either take is funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom