• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some IGN X360 reviews coming tonight

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, I've totally lost track of all this.

When is 360 actually showing up in the US again? Isn't it next week? It's almost feeling like it's going to happen tonight or something. :p

Wollan

590e2337e3f424cae10e60a69e13de59.jpg

My predictions, based on, well, basically nothing:
Madden - 8.6
NBA 2k6 - 8.2
Kameo - 8.8

Tomorrow:
PGR3 - 9.2
CoD2 - 8.4
THAW - 8.0

ocelittle

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Exact same thing except I'm doing homework for it!

Yeah I know, AIN'T TOO BRIGHT OF ME.

I have an assignment due at noon tomorrow, don't even know what it is.

Am I going to do it? Probably not.

GO ME!

GS video review for Kameo was really good. He seems to be gushing about the game and only negatives are that it's short and the first mission has no tutorial.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
IGN Review:

NBA2k6 7.8
In the end, NBA 2K6 is a solid basketball title that really rests on the laurels of its predecessors. Even though the game can look absolutely amazing at time, it's still, at its heart, the same exact game that we saw in the current generation. While 2K6 was a very good game on those consoles, we want to be blown away by our next-generation games. Someone who already owns the current-gen version will be hard pressed to drop $59.99 on this version, but those new to the series may want to look into it. It's still the best basketball title on the 360. Unfortunately, that isn't saying too much.

Kameo 8.4
Kameo is a game that will last players weeks but not months. The core gameplay is intelligent and almost always fun with a few areas that boarder on frustrating. While the game isn't quite the Zelda killer that it's sometimes been touted as its still a fun adventure that will appeal to a broad audience. Each level is packed with examples of intelligent game design and at its best moments this game should be counted among the reasons to go out and get that new console everyone's been talking about.

Madden 8
There's no doubt that this is a next-generation version of Madden from a graphics standpoint. I could wax on and on for hours about textures, pixels, and how blown away I am by the various animations that happen on the field. The lighting, the stadiums, the expressions in the eyes of the QB -- these are all reasons to acknowledge how far technology in gaming has come in the last few years. But once the impact of the graphic presentation settles in, I have to look at the entire package offered here.

Madden 06 offers a few more layout and functionality features than the current-gen systems, but the game lacks so many other salient features that fans have grown to adore. Advancements made in previous titles in the series -- the less fancy, current gen versions of Madden -- didn't make it into this next generation version of the game. That's disappointing. With that being said, the core gameplay is still entertaining. Madden is still one the most fun sports videogames you can play on a console. In terms of structure and performance, it does an amazing job of making me feel like I'm a part of a real football game. By retaining features like the Hit Stick, the Truck Stick, and the clever audible options I can pull-off before the snap, I can effectively compete against the challenges I'm presented with.

If you want Madden 06 with all the bells and whistles (season mode, owner mode, and mini-camp drills), then stick with the regular version of the game that you have for your consoles at home. But for the casual Madden players, the football fans playing Madden in barbershops across the country, the guys that just want to play the game and talk trash to one another, Madden NFL 06 for the Xbox 360 is a must-have game.

1UP Reviews:
FIFA 7

NBA 2K6 7

Amped 3 7

PGR3 10

Gamespot:
Kameo 8.7

Gamepro:
Gun 4.5

Tony Hawk 4.5

TotalGames.net
Call of Duty 2 94%

Need for Speed 78%

Does 1up not have a . system? I haven't read too many reviews but i've never seen anything other than whole numbers. I'm surprised they rated it THAT highly, but I figured it would be a 9+ title.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
FiRez said:
10! STILL THE BEST ARCADE RACING SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK IT UP ISAMU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh please.

Top Bottom