• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some IGN X360 reviews coming tonight

Foil said:
I can see it now. For any 360 launch game here on GAF:

9.0-10 = Moneyhats/Overrated/Remember what IGN gave Raw and Jade Empire
7.5-8.9 = Flop/360 sucks
0.1-7.4 = Many posts about how the 360 will fail will owl pictures a plenty.

Succinct and irrefutable.

Helznicht

7.5-8.9 = Flop/360 sucks

Thanks Foil. I was gonna stay up for the review reactions, but you just bought me a couple more hours sleep.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
My personal opinion on scores (why am I continuing this notion?)

> 9.2 Look my hat is made of money
8.6-9.2 Wow, good game
< 8.5 Am Disapointment Total
< 7.0 FlopBox 360

In other words, we probably should not see a above 9.2 for this console launch, nothing is a true, OMGHI2U AAA launch title. There are certainly several good games (IE, 8.6 to 9.2) however, nothing that stands out above the rest. The only possible title to get this acclaim would be Kameo or PGR3, probably the later.

Foil said:

7.5-8.9 = Flop/360 sucks

That's exactly what's going to happen. GAF is like Bizarro Team Xbox- just as fucking lame, only different. Anyone that wants to keep any semblence of sanity should probably stay away from the Gaming Forum for at least a couple of weeks.

GhaleonEB

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
That's exactly what's going to happen. GAF is like Bizarro Team Xbox- just as fucking lame, only different. Anyone that wants to keep any semblence of sanity should probably stay away from the Gaming Forum for at least a couple of weeks.

Stay away from GAF during a system launch? That's nuts!

Prine

Banned
Suikoguy said:
My personal opinion on scores (why am I continuing this notion?)

> 9.2 Look my hat is made of money
8.6-9.2 Wow, good game
< 8.5 Am Disapointment Total
< 7.0 FlopBox 360

In other words, we probably should not see a above 9.2 for this console launch, nothing is a true, OMGHI2U AAA launch title. There are certainly several good games (IE, 8.6 to 9.2) however, nothing that stands out above the rest. The only possible title to get this acclaim would be Kameo or PGR3, probably the later.

what the fuck are you basing this criteria on? You played all the games?

Amir0x

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:

hey now you won't have the temptation, awesome

GhaleonEB

flipswitch said:
Hmm, I'd say:

Kameo 8.8
PRG3 9.6
PDZ 8.5

That looks like a reasonable spread based off the previews, though it looks like we'll have to wait longer for a PD0 review. Anything other than Kameo at the 8 range and PGR3 a 9 would surprise me.

Prine said:
that was harsh.

Well he DID call GAF "just as fucking lame" as Team XBox. After the whole 11-21-05 episode I'd say that was downright dangerous.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Prine said:
what the fuck are you basing this criteria on? You played all the games?

Of course :D
But seriously, just based on everything i've read thus far in previews, and videos i've watched. When I get my system later this month I might change my mind.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
I can't wait to see a million gaffers play PD online for a week and then never be seen again like in Halo 2 :lol
IAWTP.

Atleast ill still be playing it after that initial week. :p

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Man,someone fuckin stole my copy of Halo 2,talk about some bullshit :lol
:( That sucks
No wonder i havent seen you on since the last time we played.... (SAT?)

how was it stolen? and you getting a new copy right? right? :p

hgplayer1

as a gamer does anyone else ever feel like the gaming industry has you by the balls with all these launch dates and expo dates and NDA lifted dates and such?

Ramirez

I keep the case in another room...the disc is just gone,I remember putting it in the NBA2K case when a friend came up wanting a game of that,then I check back the next day and it's not in there,I'm guessing one of my brother's friends got it...>.>

And yea,I'll definitely have to scoop up another copy.

dorio

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
as a gamer does anyone else ever feel like the gaming industry has you by the balls with all these launch dates and expo dates and NDA lifted dates and such?
Well said! Like no other industry.

hgplayer1

i think this is the look Im going to have on my face at 6am if I get my 360 at midnight and am playing all night

img7046254.jpg

AniHawk said:
PERFECT DARK ZERO

think it'll happen?

From all the videos I''ve seen of PDZ off xboxyde (apprantly the a.i was set on easy) I'd give it a 7-8 gpsot score.IGN will obviously rate it higher.

PGR3 and CoD2 are the only 2 games getting the IGN video review treatment so perhaps that means they will get the best scores.

If so I'll pat myself on the pack because I was set on those 2 games months ago and I've never waivered on either.

Until recently only Condemed has made a (successful) late run to be included with them.

Amir0x

Banned
flipswitch said:
From all the videos I''ve seen of PDZ off xboxyde (apprantly the a.i was set on easy) I'd give it a 7-8 gpsot score.IGN will obviously rate it higher.

hahahaha

rating off of videos

awesome

White Man said:
PDZ is going to do worse in reviews than most of you lads think.

Doubtful, considering most people are already expecting a flop. If it gets 9 or higher, expect to hear a lot of "money hats" accusations. :)

Top Bottom