• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine, even with priority access

Chaplain

"It was a big moment for thousands of Southern California doctors, nurses and frontline healthcare workers earlier this month when the COVID-19 vaccine arrived, but not everyone was excited about getting the shot." (12/31/20)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Vaccines for those who want it, and not forcing those who don't, seems fair.
Well in this situation is more like to erradicate, something like Polio was also mandatory and it wiped out the disease from face of the earth. In this case, we need to wait and see, I guess it's been look at, as if greater good is more important

borborygmus

Oh you mean the microchips and the ID-tracking chips? Who knows what else they might be hiding? Alien rapture technology chips? Recombinant DNA to make us genetically compatible after copulation with aliens? /s

Obviously it's more along the lines of risks and side effects.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Well in this situation is more like to erradicate, something like Polio was also mandatory and it wiped out the disease from face of the earth. In this case, we need to wait and see, I guess it's been look at, as if greater good is more important
Polio still exists bro

Tesseract

Banned
i don't much care either way since i'd cough up the virus in a few hours but i'd like to see all the trial data including videos and photos before taking an experimental vaccine that may or not have significant albeit unforeseen consequences and effects

Last edited:
Polio was much more different than CoViD.

And the Polio Vaccine is overrated in that it didn't necessarily eradicate the virus, but rather pushed it towards eradication.

sinnergy

Good for them , normally they create and test a vaccine for years .. and this method was blocked before Covid .. mRNA, and now it’s all good when economies take a dive ..

Who says there are no long term reactions to this ? Can

Vaccines for the Mexican flu for example had side effects in people , if that same percentage happens with this on a world population that is vaccinated for 60 - 70 % .

You could have 2 million people with some sort of side effect and some are for life. And if you look at numbers you could say o well that’s not bad on 5 billion , but who knows , it could be you or your brother or sister .

Some people got nacrolepsy from The Mexican flu vaccine . For example . Not saying it will be the same , but . To first wait is nothing wrong

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The difference is all those kinds of vaccines are taken when you're somewhere between a baby and kindergarten. A child has no choice, but to do what their parent tells them to do, and most kids won't even remember getting shots anyway.

Covid and annual flu bug vaccines are taken as adults first (with Covid being front line workers and old people), so adults have freedom of choice to do it or not.

Not the same as forcing an 18 month year old toddler to get a shot at the doctor's office.

The funny thing is that most parents seem gung ho about getting their kids shots, yet when now faced to do it themselves as adults, it seems many bail ship. No different than Little Tommy not wanting to get a needle.

Goes to show when someone is faced with it themselves, many adults are chicken and not so brave after all.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
So another thread i will bail out on but .......

We have a vaccine or several types since big pharma is racing against the market.
China has its own russia has its own states has its own etc etc.
Magic mushroom story that all these countries developed it at the same time.
Released at the same time.
Think think??

Then the moment we have a vaccine ...oops there is a new strain of the virus which these new vaccines cant protect you from...the timing...naaahhh lets not even think about this.

All airlines and etc mandate the vaccine for you to fly....how long?? Mandate? Again where is my human right to move freely around the world and visit family and friends????

If i take the vaccine i am still mandated to social distance AND wear a mask?? For how long??? Why????

Ok i stop here. And i am out.

Taa taa.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
So another thread i will bail out on but .......

We have a vaccine or several types since big pharma is racing against the market.
China has its own russia has its own states has its own etc etc.
Magic mushroom story that all these countries developed it at the same time.
Released at the same time.
Think think??

Then the moment we have a vaccine ...oops there is a new strain of the virus which these new vaccines cant protect you from...the timing...naaahhh lets not even think about this.

All airlines and etc mandate the vaccine for you to fly....how long?? Mandate? Again where is my human right to move freely around the world and visit family and friends????

If i take the vaccine i am still mandated to social distance AND wear a mask?? For how long??? Why????

Ok i stop here. And i am out.

Taa taa.
You don’t have a “human right” to move freely around the world

I’ve been to countries that have pretty intense visa requirements. It’s just the way it is. Idk what led you to believe this was some sort of human right

Jtibh

Banned
You don’t have a “human right” to move freely around the world

I’ve been to countries that have pretty intense visa requirements. It’s just the way it is. Idk what led you to believe this was some sort of human right
Dual citisen.

I have the birth right to enter europe anywhere.

I have the legal right to enter canada freely.

I have zero visa mandate to go to most countries.

I know. I travelled the world .

Now you expect me to take the vaccine to visit family and friends from one continent to another??

I cant take my daughter to germany to her grand parents cuz we need a fuckin vaccine to fly?

Human right.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Dual citisen.

I have the birth right to enter europe anywhere.

I have the legal right to enter canada freely.

I have zero visa mandate to go to most countries.

I know. I travelled the world .

Now you expect me to take the vaccine to visit family and friends from one continent to another??

Human right.
Given that you can’t even spell “citizen”, I won’t spend too much time on this, but the fact that you think Canada and Europe is the entire world shows how ignorant you are. My travels through Asia alone required an extensive visa process, to think you’re exempt is hilarious

edit: I’m a dual citizen as well. It doesn’t give you magic travel powers lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Jtibh

Banned
Given that you can’t even spell “citizen”, I won’t spend too much time on this, but the fact that you think Canada and Europe is the entire world shows how ignorant you are. My travels through Asia alone required an extensive visa process, to think you’re exempt is hilarious

edit: I’m a dual citizen as well. It doesn’t give you magic travel powers lol
I,ve been to japan. Easy access.
Been to vietnam. 10 is dollars. Easy acces.
Been to china. 50 dollar at the chinese embassy in calgary. Thats all. Easy access.
Thailand . 6 times. Easy access.
Nepal. Easy access.
India. Easy access.
Egypt . 10 euros or what ever it was uppon entry. Easy access.
Malaysa easy access.
Bali. Easy access but 20 fucking dollars to leave??
States. Canadian citizen. Easy access.
I can go on and on and on

I have canadian citizenship.
I have german citizenship.

The fuck you have that you have problems entering asia lol.

Also fuck you. Z and s are next to eachother on my phone. Always but always if i hit A , B comes out. And thats across the board.
I got a note 20 ultra to alleviate this problem but its still an issue.
Given i am always on the go and only use gaf on my phone this will always happen.

I find it rather odd that the only spelling nazis on gaf are not even english natives , does it make your shitty life feel better??

Idiot

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
It should be a choice. And not forced.

They have the right to refuse it.

Its the law. And a human right.
tenor.gif

Jethalal

Banned
If the antivax movement and conspiracies were not a thing, I am sure these numbers would have been much lower. Can anyone tell me long term side effects of some other vaccine that started to show months after innoculation? I am sure there must be some precedent for everyone's doubts.

DESTROYA

If the antivax movement and conspiracies were not a thing, I am sure these numbers would have been much lower. Can anyone tell me long term side effects of some other vaccine that started to show months after innoculation? I am sure there must be some precedent for everyone's doubts.

Ichabod

Banned
I'm one of them. I'm not voluntarily beta testing a first-of-its-kind injectable that was rushed to mass production in a fraction of the time it normally takes vaccines to be developed. Especially not for an ailment that has (if the CDC's numbers are to be believed) a tenth of one percent chance of sending me to an early grave. All the hoopla about how safe the shot is seems a little preemptive at best, as we have no idea what the long term effects on the human body are/will be.

All the media I've seen says the injectable neither protects you from getting covid nor prevents you from being an asymptomatic carrier (since the injectable is only supposed to lessen covid symptoms once you've acquired the virus, in effect masking symptoms). Sooo, why would I need this?

Joe T.

Same issue with health care workers/nurses here in Montreal, lack of data being one of the cited concerns I saw on the televised broadcast but it's suspiciously missing from the story on their web site:

MONTREAL -- Now that many residents at Maimonides Geriatric Centre who wanted a COVID vaccine have gotten one, health authorities have a new challenge on their hands: addressing the vaccine hesitancy that exists among its employees.

“It is a super-priority,” the associate CEO of the West-Central-Montreal CIUSSS told CTV News during a phone interview.

Francine Dupuis confirmed that while 95 per cent of residents agreed to be inoculated, only 35 to 40 per cent of employees have signalled a desire to get the shots, a rate that she says “is very low.”

That was one of the hardest hit nursing homes in the country last spring and it was a disaster so confidence in the vaccines can't be all that high.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I wonder how the media is going to portray this, since they spent the past year basically saying nurses are living gods, writing stories about how we failed them when we refused to do what King Fauci said, and how anyone who refuses the vaccine is a redneck retard.

Smallpox eradication took decades of massive global efforts, and for polio it is still ongoing. These are also diseases that are so self-evidently horrible that I doubt you'd find many people who would refuse the vaccine.

The big issue, the core issue, is that our society went ape shit over something that isn't a big deal, and people are drawing a line when it comes to injecting some untested beta vaccine into their body, understandably.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I wonder how the media is going to portray this, since they spent the past year basically saying nurses are living gods, writing stories about how we failed them when we refused to do what King Fauci said, and how anyone who refuses the vaccine is a redneck retard.

Smallpox eradication took decades of massive global efforts, and for polio it is still ongoing. These are also diseases that are so self-evidently horrible that I doubt you'd find many people who would refuse the vaccine.

The big issue, the core issue, is that our society went ape shit over something that isn't a big deal, and people are drawing a line when it comes to injecting some untested beta vaccine into their body, understandably.
Well not sure if legit, but this vaccine seems to be doing something different than any other, which is strange. It does not containe the virus itself:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Well not sure if legit, but this vaccine seems to be doing something different than any other, which is strange. It does not containe the virus itself:

Yea that's the mRNA vaccine, the issue is that literally no other vaccine has been released that uses this methodology. It may be great, it may be amazing, but this is the first one.

Banned
this isn’t going to work in the US since 3 out of 4 people need to take it. Maybe one day, but not anytime soon

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
myself included, and I've been balls deep on the front line since the beginning

because,
1. we don't know if it prevents transmission
2. we don't know if this will be a yearly thing like the flu (no thanks, I am not 65+ and my life is not at risk.)
3. I don't want to feel sickly for even half a day, pathetic I know

I feel like people over 65 should have been first priority here, not health care workers. maybe health care workers above 50 or something

Last edited:

sinnergy

Yea that's the mRNA vaccine, the issue is that literally no other vaccine has been released that uses this methodology. It may be great, it may be amazing, but this is the first one.
There is also more traditional one , and it’s even cheaper , I am betting on this one.

It’s not for nothing that even NASA uses proven technology to go into space .
And this vaccine is pretty much like the space race ..

Top Bottom