• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
duckroll name dropped Vagrant Story and talked up Akiyama's contributions and I really need to play that damn game.

YoshiP is the real repair man. His game ended up gaining critical acclaim and making SE profitable. Not to mention the best FF story produced this century.
Not much of a difference between both in term of 'critical' reception.

vXb27Uy.png

I would love to see an offline mainline FF from him though.

Hysteria

Not to disagree with you or be a so called "Nomura/Versus fanboy" (because Im not one).

But there are plenty of ways to still develop her character even if she got killed at the beginning. One obvious way is through Noctis recovering his memories. Like the Omen trailer. If anything, it would build up suspense to get viewers attention....

Just say'n

There were cutscenes with Luna and Noctis as children shown in the 2013 trailer, if I remember correctly.

seems those were cut as well (probably unfinished), though Stella also had a scene with Noctis before their fight in versus too.
I hope they do more with Luna with the upcoming content.

Now I'm sure they will continue to work on the game and improve it to match their vision.

This sort of gives me hope.

Foffy

Banned
Legit question but did Type-0 have similar problems like FFXV, namely there was a gun behind their heads and had to come up with a game at the end of X years?

Type-0 had potential too, but it seems like some parts were... Missing?

Come to think of it, it feels like the FNC games (including FFXV, which used to be a FNC game) had big development problems.

Type-0 is similar to Versus in that the original game was totally redone.

Type-0 was original a 2006 mobile game. Pre-iPhone era.

Yeesh

Zebetite

Banned
While XIV is an ongoing concern, he can't.

WoW switched directors between expansions and although it marked the point the game started to flounder and lose subscribers, it's still going, still profitable, and has made blizzard lots of money since

meanwhile kaplan went to overwatch and made them even more money there!

it's not un-doable

duckroll

i mean

nomura's directing credits are a couple kingdom hearts games that people like, a million kingdom hearts spinoffs that only crazy people like, and final fantasy vii advent children

My favorite Advent Children production story is Nomura relating how originally it was just a Cloud vs Sephiroth fight CG scene they were doing for some anniversary event or something. The bike fight. But Nomura got so pumped up and everyobe was burning with passion. So it got longer and longer. And finally they decided to make it a full length feature.

I like to imagine the same thing happened with Versus but x10000 and at some point someone just had to say "no."

Mortemis

Banned
Square Enix should definitely kidnap new directors.

Imagine they kidnapped Hashino. We'll have an FF game in vein of a Persona-like story and characters.

If SE is kidnapping directors to make an FF game, they better move their asses to go nab Matsuno. Also go grab Ito from janitorial duties and get his ass as co-director.

Zebetite

Banned
My favorite Advent Children production story is Nomura relating how originally it was just a Cloud vs Sephiroth fight CG scene they were doing for some anniversary event or something. The bike fight. But Nomura got so pumped up and everyobe was burning with passion. So it got longer and longer. And finally they decided to make it a full length feature.

I like to imagine the same thing happened with Versus but x10000 and at some point someone just had to say "no."

wasn't the original idea to just be a short little movie about cloud and tifa hanging out with kids instead of a bad final fantasy 7 coat of paint on an even worse dragonball z movie?

Slater

Banned
It sounds similar to the Tidus/dream reveal.

Maybe, But Tidus could still interact with the world and everyone in it. If this is true then she would have mostly been there to confuse/torment Noctis and fuel Ravus' desire for revenge. Just there to facilitate the boys arcs Which just sounds like what happened with Luna with more edge.

But ehhh execution and all that.

Mother. Mother. Mother.

The gist of the story and motif in FFAC.

Illucio

Banned
Square Enix should definitely kidnap new directors.

Imagine they kidnapped Hashino. We'll have an FF game in vein of a Persona-like story and characters.

I feel like Hashino wouldn't fit well working on a Final Fantasy game. I feel like whatever team he would be working with would constantly be in conflict with him, Square higher ups will keep demanding better promotional material for the game and he would keep giving them scraps making them upset, and he would have a clear vision but whether the public would actually like what he envisions for Final Fantasy is up to debate.

jimmypython

People joke about Ito being demoted to janitor - is there any reason to believe Ito has been deliberately ostracized by Square-Enix and isn't just personally wary of taking on a large-scale project again as Matsuno is?

yeah I was just reading the interview in the FFXII zodiac job system Ultimania guide yesterday. He even said he would make use of the various ideas accumulated through the development of original FFXII and the international version, and let players look forward to his next games...not sure what happened to him after that.

Hope we will find out soon with FFXII zodiac age next year.

Fun fact, FFXII Zodiac Job System was out for FF 20th anniversary, Zodiac Age being 30th.

yep. one of the great HOSHIIIII moments.....LOL

Do they really need him this badly to update an already great and stable game?

He's overseeing the continual development of patches and expansions. What Yoshida has said about the upcoming Stormblood expansion sounds very ambitious, including a substantial overhaul of the combat system and skills.

WoW switched directors between expansions and although it marked the point the game started to flounder and lose subscribers, it's still going, still profitable, and has made blizzard lots of money since

meanwhile kaplan went to overwatch and made them even more money there!

it's not un-doable

It's not impossible, and there may be someone working under Yoshida capable enough to take over for him, but I don't think Square will be eager for Yoshida to work on something besides XIV as long as XIV is still reasonably successful. He is the face of the game for its players.

MoonFrog

Would she be a shared hallucination? Sounded like she was just Noctis' and interacted with just him, which would be distinct from Tidus. Do others know she's dead?

Or is she a ghost sent from Emperor?

Edit: Basically I see it as two cases. If she's just Noctis' phantasm, and if she's a shared phantasm. Latter sounds much more promising for having her not just be a vessel for Noctis.

Squire

Banned
Type-0's story is an absolute mess and its gameplay could not save it. FFXV's narrative is definitely stronger but Tabata's lack of directing a strong, balanced story is very troubling.

He either lacks vision as a director or he has a vision that strong narrative clearly has no place in. Either way, it's not working for FF.

They've now gone from a guy that could direct cutscenes but not tell a story, to a guy that doesn't even seem to be that interested in telling one.

Mortemis

Banned
y'all FFXIV fans need to stop being greedy with YoshiP and let us non-mmo FF fans have him.

If he's so good you'll let him go :)

Squire

Banned
I'm not very big on Nomura (I haven't given a shit about Versus for years btw), but him having a really spotty history himself is beside the point.

I'm entirely disillusioned with him though, trust me. LOL

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
duckroll name dropped Vagrant Story and talked up Akiyama's contributions and I really need to play that damn game.

Don't recommend playing without a guide or at least reading up on tips first. Unless you have a tolerance for frustration.

post-S

Wow that versus 13 plot make so much sense. Match up with all the promotional videos we've got before 2014.
Isn't there a trailer that features a radio host saying Stella was died in the invasion. I think it was an exclusive trailer that came with another SE game.

Ray Down

Banned
Wow that versus 13 plot make so much sense. Match up with all the promotional videos we've got before 2014.
Isn't there a trailer that features a radio host saying Stella was died in the invasion. I think it was an exclusive trailer that came with another SE game.

You are thinking of the teaser at the end of the Duscae demo.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
y'all FFXIV fans need to stop being greedy with YoshiP and let us non-mmo FF fans have him.

F|I|N|A|L F|A|N|T|A|S|Y X|V|I
"If you love someone, set them free."

COMING 1984

Don't recommend playing without a guide or at least reading up on tips first. Unless you have a tolerance for frustration.

Duly noted. I'm alright about frustration... well, uh, it depends, I suppose. I remember my ex played Vagrant Story -- she's a big-time Matsuno diehard, mind you, and I watched her play a bit back in '05 and she got overly frustrated, too. I only remember this because you mentioned it.

What's so frustrating about it? I don't recall.

Toth

I don't know if spamming the same two dungeons every day for months to get items needed to buy the second best gear (outside of raid gear) at that time (and will be greaty outclassed in the next update) AND still being capped to only gain a certain amount per week is going to translate well offline XD

Slater

Banned
Hey so uh...what do you think about the number 15? It feels like a 10 to me.

Just kidding. At least the Stella/Luna debacle has been settled.

It'll never be settled will it?

Never, just imagine if XV had come out and Noctis had killed Luna before it started and she was just a ghost. Pure shitstorm. You think people would try to spin it like they would for Nomura? Lol it's never going to end.

Duly noted. I'm alright about frustration... well, uh, it depends, I suppose. I remember my ex played Vagrant Story -- she's a big-time Matsuno diehard, mind you, and I watched her play a bit back in '05 and she got overly frustrated, too. I only remember this because you mentioned it.

What's so frustrating about it? I don't recall.

Vagrant Story has some rather obtuse mechanics. If you don't understand all the systems at play, you'll find yourself doing 1 damage to enemies and not knowing why.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Vagrant Story has some rather obtuse mechanics. If you don't understand all the systems at play, you'll find yourself doing 1 damage to enemies and not knowing why.

I kinda hated Vagrant Story because of this.

I want a game to be fun and not too complicated.

Heck maybe that's why I hated Unlimited SaGa, Resonance of Fate, and The Last Remnant because of the weird mechanics.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
PSY・S;226284531 said:
I'm confused. Where was the Versus rumor verified?
In our hearts.

hamchan

Nope, he's chained to FFXIV for life now. And then the next FF MMO after that. And then after that I'm assuming he quits Square Enix to make mobile games.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
According to staff comments Stella would have been an integral part of the story of Final Fantasy Versus XIII and would have had a strong link to the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos, though she ultimately had little screentime. Stella would have first met Noctis at the signing ceremony between Lucis and Niflheim, where a great deal of their connection would have been revealed. She was shown to reluctantly fight Noctis in a trailer, but it has been said the first trailers were conceptual and some elements, like the opposition of Stella and Noctis the streets Insomnia were no longer in Final Fantasy Versus XIII as of 2011., Her relationship with Noctis was to have been platonic rather than romantic. Rescuing her from danger, and learning of her role in the greater scheme of things would have been the central narrative arc of Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Don't worry about me. Live your own life.
—Stella to Noctis in the E3 2013 trailer

Doesn't sound like a ghost hallucination trolling Noctis.

To the people thinking white dress = dead Stella.

Hiromu Takahara originally wanted her dress to be black, but the production team changed the color to create a greater contrast with the black suit Noctis wears in the same scene.

Those spoilers are bullshit.

Top Bottom