• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK asks which games you want ported to Vita/PS4/PS3 next

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Voted for SHOCK TROOPERS: 2nd SQUAD which Ive never played, sucks I am about the only one :(

The Wii got the definitive collection. You should try and pick that up, although it doesn't work with the Classic Controller.

They're all a bit broken in their own special way. The Wii one makes you shake the bloody controller to toss grenades, which is absurd. PS2 wins in the complete shit department though, especially the PAL version.

Loona

This company is so fucking bad lol

At marketing, certainly - they didn't mention this poll in their own Twitter account.

Also, I wish they'd used instant-runoff voting like in the Skullgirls DLC character voting, so we could pick prioritized multiples.

Not supporting them unless they port KoF2002UM to relevant systems. Literally no one gives a fuck about 97 or 2000.

Apparently 97 is kind of a big deal in China - it's getting a remake there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgmR1VSYYcc

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why is the football game winning? Never heard of that game before.

Mengetsu

Voted for last blade 2. Those backgrounds in HD would be a dream.

Good man. Also that east cost west cost rivalry for life.

wnxarm.png

Not supporting them unless they port KoF2002UM to relevant systems. Literally no one gives a fuck about 97 or 2000.

In the past, there was PS2 on import and XBLA for 360. Maybe next month you'll see it on Steam. Are any of these relevant to you?

Bardiche

Voted for Garou, Last Blade 2, and Samurai Shodown V Special.

I wish they would've put KoF '02UM instead of '00. I can understand '97 being an option but '00 is hot garbage and a waste of a slot honestly.

OmegaDL50

I'd love to see Real Bout 2 on the PSN.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of Breakers Revenge on this list.

I hope there isn't some licensing snafu preventing Breakers Revenge to get re-released on the PSN's Neo-Geo Collection.

olimpia84

I voted for Garou. I really want to play that game again, the combat was incredibly fluid from what I remember.

Biker19

Banned

I have a better idea: Include the PC version of both KOF '98: Ultimate Match Final Edition along with the PC version of KOF 2002: Unlimited Match as bonuses on the discs of KOF XIV (which will no doubt be another Dream Match title).

Bam, 3 great Dream Match titles in one.

I voted Sam Sho V Special. I wish there was an option for Garou 2- I wonder how far they got on that one anyways. I wonder what their preoccupation with Shock Troopers 2- I hate that one.

impact

Banned
In the past, there was PS2 on import and XBLA for 360. Maybe next month you'll see it on Steam. Are any of these relevant to you?

How is a PS2 or a 360 relevant in 2014/2015? I bought the shitty 360 release too, even with the lack of online play (if you tried to play online you know what I'm saying lmao)

The fact that it's not in this poll says all it needs to about SNK in their current state. I regret supporting them in the past, I really do.

I have a better idea: Include the PC version of both KOF '98: Ultimate Match Final Edition along with the PC version of KOF 2002: Unlimited Match as bonuses on the discs of KOF XIV (which will no doubt be another Dream Match title).

Bam, 3 great Dream Match titles in one.

Might as well throw KoFXI in there as well. That game deserves a port somewhere!

thefit

Its not on the list but when are they going to give Super Dodge Ball love? Its a great game that need to get ported like yesterday.

Danneee

Not an SNK game but I'd loooooove to see Waku Waku 7 get a port.
Best and most diverse character roster ever. And great gameplay too.

Peltz

Played Garou for the first time last night on my recently acquired 161 in one bootleg MVS cart.

I totally get the appeal. It's smooth as hell.

I'm going to out and say that Garou is overrated. A good game, but overrated. LB2 (my, admittedly, tough choice), the SamSho games, TSS, and, hell, even Real Bout 2 all deserve a chance over it.

Gandara

Voted for Garou. Then when people mentioned Sengoku 3, I also voted for that one. Almost forgot about that one but it's a good game just a very rare one that most people haven't even played.

I'd love to see Real Bout 2 on the PSN.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of Breakers Revenge on this list.

I hope there isn't some licensing snafu preventing Breakers Revenge to get re-released on the PSN's Neo-Geo Collection.

Sadly, it's not an SNK game and its company went bankrupt long ago iirc.

How is a PS2 or a 360 relevant in 2014/2015? I bought the shitty 360 release too, even with the lack of online play (if you tried to play online you know what I'm saying lmao)

The fact that it's not in this poll says all it needs to about SNK in their current state. I regret supporting them in the past, I really do.

Might as well throw KoFXI in there as well. That game deserves a port somewhere!

Is Steam irrelevant?

Besides, who says that just because it's not on that list it's not in the works? If anything, given the fact that they're doing new PC ports of them already I'd say there's a decent chance there's plans to release it to Sony consoles too just like MS3.

sibarraz

Banned
Everyone should vote for Samurai Shodown V SP. That one has never been ported. V has but not SP. SP is a heavily re-balanced game and in addition easily features the goriest fatalities ever in a Japanese fighting game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA9FmpXgHtY

But, when it came to the home Neo Geo console SNKP censored the shit out of it to the point where the game had bugs. They then re-released it slightly less censored and without bugs. The prevailing theory is that it was never ported out because (A) the game is too gory and is linked to a Japanese school slashing that happened around the time the game was released or most likely (B) the game was developed by Yuuki (the same developers who would create the Pedo Fighter franchise Arcana Heart) and they own part of the game and SNKP would have to compensate them.

I always had read that they had never released V SP just to make it a neo geo exclusive in honor for those collectors who bought the last snk game

If were for the 2 reasons that you mentioned, they will had never released vainilla V, or VI for the record

ElTopo

Banned
I always had read that they had never released V SP just to make it a neo geo exclusive in honor for those collectors who bought the last snk game

If were for the 2 reasons that you mentioned, they will had never released vainilla V, or VI for the record

I don't really buy that. SNKP will port anything for a buck. I think what may have happened is Yuuki made a deal with SNKP for the rights of V SP, maybe something like SNKP owns V and Yuuki owns V SP? It would go aways in explaining that and the 3rd revision that was demoed at arcades but scrapped for whatever reason.

Also, Yuuki did not develop VI.

Top Bottom