• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seriously

Wollan

B000BRVWYU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:lol

Wollan

elostyle said:
What kind of game is sudoku?

It's a board game with 9 x 9 rows. Some random numbers are placed here and there and you have to fill out the board with numbers from 1 to 9 so that every line both horisontaly and vertically has only one number from between 1 and 9. If that makes sense.
Im sure someone with better english skills than me can describe it better.

demi

Wollan said:
It's a board game with 9 x 9 rows. Some random numbers are placed here and there and you have to fill out the board with numbers from 1 to 9 so that every line both horisontaly and vertically has only one number from between 1 and 9. If that makes sense.
Im sure someone with better english skills than me can describe it better.

So it's like a sliding puzzle then?

Instead of a picture scrambled, you have numbers scrambled like

And you have to rearrange all those to say

both horizontal and vertical

(not correct figures but you get the idea)

Sumasshu

No, there's a grid of 3x3 big boxes, and then 9x9 smaller boxes. The object of the game is to put numbers 1-9 in each of the smaller boxes. The only rules are that you cannot put the same number in any row, column, or bigger box.

Here's an example:
http://www.sudoku.com/home.htm

So the numbers 1-9 have to be in each of the 9 large boxes, and only one of each number can be in each row and column.

edit: yeah, what Xrenity says below. :)

Xrenity

This is Sudoku:
sudoku.gif

You've got to fill in numbers so the horizontal rows have the numbers 1-9, the vertical have 1-9 and each 3x3 square has all 1-9 numbers.

So you get something like this:
sudoku_12.gif

pretty stupid to make a game out of it.

LakeEarth

Hey, my local newspaper has one of those to do every day. Its harder than it looks, it all depends on the numbers they give you.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's relatively easy (compared to crossword puzzles) to create a program which generates a limitless supply of sudoku puzzles of varying difficulty (the example in Xrenity's post is an extremely easy one). Most likely your local newspaper already has a daily sudoku puzzle in it and it's often done by commuters, so a handheld version is no surprise. There were already a few homebrew PSP versions of it before an official PSP version was announced, and I wouldn't be surprised if a DS version popped up. Plenty of them for PDA's too.

A bit disappointing that the recently released Ultimate Puzzle Games for the GBA doesn't have any Sudoku puzzles, though it makes up for that with plenty of crosswords, cryptics, and wordseekers.

123rl

Sudoku is great for those "bored at work so do a Sudoku puzzle instead" moments. I wasted all my lunch breaks this summer playing Sudoku :lol

PC game doesn't interest me but PSP Sudoku sounds like a brilliant idea tbh. That's the kind of thing I'd like to see the PSP have instead of PS2 ports and unoriginal games/sequels

Top Bottom