• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loyal Xbox Gaf Fam- how are you feeling right now?

Xbox fam- whats your move going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fredrik

f they continue to release their titles on PlayStation I’ll naturally just get a PlayStation and play both Sony/MS games in one place.
This is the most logical step, or go PC. To use a meme MS just shot themselves in the foot. No joke. They think their brand loyalty is strong enough that people will keep buying both a PS for Sony games and a Xbox for Microsoft games even though PS play MS games too. They’ll kill their platform and revenue won’t be as high as they hope since they will lose 30% when releasing on other platforms and their subscription service will vanish because Xbox was the most logical starting point for new subscribers.
And how do they deal with numbers going down? Well we know now…

XBOX as a ”console” is over. At least in the traditional sense what a console is.

XBOX however as a “platform” is just beginning. They’re essentially one of the largest game makers and publishers right now in the industry with all the recent acquisitions. They intend to put their games everywhere, not just on XBOX or PC.

I think they will continue to make XBOX consoles in different forms, but it won’t be a large part of their business anymore. They’ll be like Valve/Steam. You can play their games on whatever device you own, and if you want, you can also buy their “official” hardware.

Last edited:
I liked xbox for gamepass, but I’ve started giving my PS5 more love now.
I hate the amount of remasters on PS5, but I am enjoying going through FFVII remake integral.

I will go back to the Xbox, as some of my favourite games are on it (FFVII and VIII, Halo, Cities skylines etc etc), but I see no need to just now, especially if more exclusives will be released on ps5 down the line.

nial

Yeah, jumping to PS just because they don’t shut down creative studios, look at MM and how Sony still supports them

/s
Yes? They haven't produced any single successful game since 2011, yet are still allowed to exist right now.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I buy all platforms except for kidtendo so I'll probably still buy their next one. If they add Steam and still eat the cost of the console/handheld to be competitive with PS it will be a no-brainer.

DryvBy

Hopefully they'll listen next time instead of having a major company own too many IPs and not having any desire to do anything with making games. Normals tried to warn that consolidation is horrible and doesn't do what lawyers and bots tried to claim. There's a history of major companies like EA and Microsoft. They consume and poop; they don't make.

Loyal Xbox GAF has Xbox go blame.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Time is a flat circle

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
XBOX as a ”console” is over. At least in the traditional sense what a console is.

XBOX however as a “platform” is just beginning. They’re essentially one of the largest game makers and publishers right now in the industry with all the recent acquisitions. They intend to put their games everywhere, not just on XBOX or PC.

I think they will continue to make XBOX consoles in different forms, but it won’t be a large part of their business anymore. They’ll be like Valve/Steam. You can play their games on whatever device you own, and if you want, you can also buy their “official” hardware.
I would love it if MS released an xbox that ran on a semi custom Windows, and could therefore run Steam. From a steam perspective -- Similar to a steam deck -- devs could mark their games 'Xbox Compatible"

A man can dream. But otherwise, I've got all the consoles, and honestly, I only play PS exclusives on my PS. Everything multi I play on Xbox, and of course, any Xbox exclusive I play on Xbox/PC. So I voted 'staying with xbox' -- and that will (probably) remain my 'primary' console.

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
“Jumping” to PC isn’t exactly leaving Xbox, it’s even more of an box. More power, value of gamepass, all first party tilted. PC is an Xbox.

Top Bottom