• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA'S E3 Line up

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The wording on Guardian Heroes confuses me. I'd snatch it up on Steam in a heartbeat, though.

We've known about everything on this list before. Has Sega confirmed they won't be making any new game announcements at E3 this year?

I still want to believe in Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Koralsky

From SEGA's facebook page:

"David - thanks for pointing that out! That was an error, and has now been corrected. Guardian Heroes is XBLA exclusive. - kellie"

:/

Since we're all complaining... WHERE IS VIRTUA FIGHTER 5: FINAL SHOWDOWN?!
mad.gif

Koralsky said:

"David - thanks for pointing that out! That was an error, and has now been corrected. Guardian Heroes is XBLA exclusive. - kellie"

That is a punch in the face to PSN and Steam users.

Raide

Megadragon15 said:
That is a punch in the face to PSN and Steam users.

I guess its down to 360 owners to buy a load of copies and show them it is worth bringing to other formats. Maybe a reverse Witcher 2 play.

RurouniZel said:
Yep, unless they pull a surprise out of their hats. :-/

It's looking more and more unlikely. Who knows, they might go out on a limb and release it as a PSN only game.

lol, not bloody likely.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
JackFrost said:
I cant honestly see them NOT showing VC3.
They cant blow their whole nut in a pre-E3 reveal

'cept if you look at the list, not a single PSP game is present.

Not Valkyria Chronicles 3. Not Phantasy Star Online 2 Infinite. He'll, you'd think they'd consider Project Diva 2.5 Hatsune Miku considering she's making her big US debut and all in July. But it's for PSP, so nope.

sleepykyo

Koralsky said:

lol. Guess I was wrong and polls do matter.

RurouniZel said:
'cept if you look at the list, not a single PSP game is present.

Not Valkyria Chronicles 3. Not Phantasy Star Online 2 Infinite. He'll, you'd think they'd consider Project Diva 2.5 Hatsune Miku considering she's making her big US debut and all in July. But it's for PSP, so nope.

That begs the question.......PSP2 perhaps.
(now im just reaching and getting my hopes up)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Koralsky said:

Yeah I was about to say

in the description right under it in the OP, it's stated that it's an XBLA exclusive lol

I think this is the 2nd time they've made a mistake in the listing for this game. Broke hearts the first time too.

Looking forward to Guardian Heroes and Anarchy Reigns

matmanx1

No Valkyria 3?? Maybe they'll give it an NGP port with the original PS3 engine and bring it over then! Hey, a guy can hope, right?!

Where the fuck is Valkyria Chronicles 3? >:\

Koralsky said:

Goddamn XBLA exclusives. Oh wait, I have a 360 now. I still hate them, though.

Suzuki Yu

the lack of M&S and the official Olympics game is just weird which makes me think this is just a pre-E3 line-up.

i am still hoping for VF5FS , VCIII and of the END localization.
also i want to see PSO2 this E3 :(

from the current list i am really excited for Binary Domain , Sonic Generations and Anarchy Reigns.
and super curious about Rise of Nightmares and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Binary Domain™ (Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 system) – Launch Date: Early 2012
Binary Domain is an original IP by Toshihiro Nagoshi, the creator behind some of SEGA’s most well-known video game franchises, including the critically acclaimed Yakuza series. The atmospheric squad-based shooter puts players in the middle of a fast-paced and intense battle against hordes of deadly robots, and a secret that could threaten all mankind. Fighting upward through the derelict lower levels of 2080 Tokyo into the beautiful upper city, players control an international Special Forces squad, specializing in covert ops, which sets out to battle to the heart of the crisis.

I still think this shooter is a waste of time for Yakuza team.

SEGA should let the team make a Streets of Rage remake on Yakuza engine instead of this another Gears clone.

bone_and_sinew said:
If that happens, I'll take 12.

I think that the 'Remaster' program was created for games like Type-0 and VC. There really isn't a market for the PSP in the west, so putting them into the remaster program will automatically make them appealing to a lot of people.

A Human Becoming said:
That's actually a decent E3 lineup.

I agree. For all the hate SEGA gets (and I was guilty of some of it as well), they have delivered quite a few good games this generation. In fact, as far as third party Japanese publishers on home consoles go, I'd say currently there's Capcom, there's SEGA and then there's everyone else.

Suzuki Yu

Totobeni said:

SEGA should let the team make a Streets of Rage remake on Yakuza engine instead of this another Gears clone.

i am absolutely sure this game won't be just your usual gears of war clone.
so, no this is the best thing that happened to the team since years of yearly yakuza updates.

Totobeni said:

I wouldn't want a new SoR on the Yakuza engine

Totobeni said:

With remixed music by Hidenori Shoji = Total win.

Don

Hyped for Anarchy Reigns and Binary Domain.

Would be nice to to hear something about a US/EU release for Yakuza Of the End. Since it was delayed a bit in Japan they can try and close the gap a little bit between the releases for the series.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Suzuki Yu said:
i am absolutely sure this game won't be just your usual gears of war clone.
so, no this is the best thing that happened to the team since years of yearly yakuza updates.

Dunno, the first trailer and the gameplay trailer all scream uninspired C-rated Gears wannabe to me,I didn't saw anything interesting in both videos really, and SGEA already have a superiors shooter (Vanquish,) that they failed completely in marketing it and I don't think they will push this more than a Mikami game,so I really don't know what the point or the purpose of this game.

JaxJag

Banned
Totobeni said:

So let them work on a franchise that's a Final Fight clone instead of the one that's the Gears clone?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
JaxJag said:
So let them work on a franchise that's a Final Fight clone instead of the one that's the Gears clone?

Well are so freaking many Gears clones but there are few street brawlers in the market, so yeah.

Koralsky

Totobeni said:
Dunno, the first trailer and the gameplay trailer all scream uninspired C-rated Gears wannabe to me,I didn't saw anything interesting in both videos really, and SGEA already have a superiors shooter (Vanquish,) that they failed completely in marketing it and I don't think they will push this more than a Mikami game,so I really don't know what the point or the purpose of this game.

The second trailer was great. Also, the game will be heavy on story and Nagoshi is a good story teller. BD look good - Yakuza 3 engine is not the best tech wise, but the games build with him looks unique.

And how did you know Vanquish is superior shooter when BD is more than half a year away. I love Vanquish btw.

I also like what SEGA will be present on E3, but a couple of surprises will be more than welcome.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Koralsky said:
And how did you know Vanquish is superior shooter when BD is more than half a year away. I love Vanquish btw.

I meant superior compared to shooters on the market now.

Top Bottom