• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI (no PC)

BrunoCoel

Trailer_1_Illustration_%2816x9%29.jpg

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

"Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what's possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We're thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere."

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Of course, the timing almost lines up perfectly with the next-gen consoles.

2025: Current-gen consoles
2026/2027: Enhanced PC version
2027/2028: Next-gen port based on PC version

You damn well know most won't resist and wait 1-2 years to play it on PC. They'll buy it when an enhanced version with path tracing and new graphics comes out, they'll buy it again. Then perhaps a third time for their PS6.

Last edited:
Of course, the timing almost lines up perfectly with the next-gen consoles.

2025: Current-gen consoles
2026/2027: Enhanced PC version
2027/2028: Next-gen port based on PC version

You damn well know most won't resist and wait 1-2 years to play it on PC. They'll buy it when an enhanced version with path tracing and new graphics comes out, they'll buy it again. Then perhaps a third time for their PS6.

PS5 Pro is coming in 2024

Fake

Still good PC gamers?

Don't worry, will get the same time to release as GTAV came to PC. How many years GTAV to get on PC?

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Guess I'll be waiting for PC since that's what this trailer was obviously running on. Crowd density and other CPU driven physics features are going to strangle these consoles. Rockstar won't get any more out of these consoles than CD Projekt Red, Insomniac, or Guerilla got with their open world games. Until I see non trailer gameplay I won't believe otherwise.

Sybrix

The only game I’ll buy a PS5 for.

And then the upgraded version of GTAVI the following year.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Guess I'll be waiting for PC since that's what this trailer was obviously running on. Crowd density and other CPU driven physics features are going to strangle these consoles. Rockstar won't get any more out of these consoles than CD Projekt Red, Insomniac, or Guerilla got with their open world games. Until I see non trailer gameplay I won't believe otherwise.
I wouldn't bet on that. Rockstar got some pretty awesome mileage out of the PS360 with GTA V and the PS4/X1 with RDR2.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
PCMR's stubborn loyalty will be tested. The majority of them will fail and purchase a PS5 Pro.

With the exception of Alex Battaglia.

On what planet would a devout PC player be tempted? Can this PS5 Pro play the Steam library they have likely built up? How well does it do with PC exclusives? Why get a PS5 Pro and not just spend that (likely) $599 on a 5070 GPU upgrade?

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Meicyn

Gold Member
Take Two knows a bunch of folks won’t wait for the PC release and will reluctantly buy the console release so they don’t miss out. Then those folks will buy it again for PC when it ships a year later so they can run it at 60+ FPS with everything maxed on their 5090s.

Top Bottom