• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satya Nadella: “Nearly half of the Xbox Series S buyers are new to our ecosystem”

feynoob

Banned
Except series s
Series s was in stock during that whole time. I know because I would check everyday looking for the elusive PS5. In the UK by the way.
It was the same for series S. It become more available mid 2021.

In the first 1 year, it was only accessible to first patch console users, and it was hard get a hold of it. General audience didn't have a chance to get it.

Once it started flooding the stores, that is when they were able to access it.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
So children basically?
Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Ozriel

M$FT
Except series s

Including the Series S for a while
That’s great, but are the games there for long term engagement with Xbox, I doubt it, the vast majority of games on gamepass , just cater to hardcore Xbox fans, including the games that are in development.
Pretty much shows you know nothing about the Gamepass library.

I mean, in the past two months alone, there's been Grounded, Disney Dreamlight Valley, Slime rancher 2, Persona 5, A Plague's Tale Requiem. Not to mention Forza Horizon 5 (which has a staggeringly broad appeal) and Minecraft Dungeons.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Seems pretty obvious that it's a great option for families and it should do well this Christmas. By next Christmas I imagine there'll be many more games that will have left X1/PS4 behind and at that point, being the only console on the market to play all the latest games for less than £300/$300 will be a great selling point.

And that's without mentioning Gamepass.

EDIT: I don't see what so funny abou.... Oh you scamp Ezekiel_ Ezekiel_ ! :LOL:

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I do wonder how this gen will progress once crossgen ends since PS has a single SKU to develop while Xbox will have to design everything for Series S by default.

Devs will finally be able to design games to take full advantage of next gen CPUs and SSDs. Which the Series S has.

It probably helps that it's the only "next gen" console you can buy right now.

You can pretty much buy any of the next gen consoles if you're determined and patient enough, right now.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
That's a really odd statement.

Microsoft sell the Series X and the Series S with the X being a more capable machine/console for gamers. I understand that it's PR but I don't get the narrative he trying to push here.

It's not PR. It's a statement to investors during an earnings call.

Basically telling investors that their strategy for the Series S to serve as a low entry point to the Xbox ecosystem - and hence MAUs - is delivering positive results.

This isn't rocket science.

Godot25

Banned
That's a really odd statement.

Microsoft sell the Series X and the Series S with the X being a more capable machine/console for gamers. I understand that it's PR but I don't get the narrative he trying to push here.
He is implying that if Series S did not existed those customers would probably not be there. Or huge portion of those customers.
So by creating cheap albeit less powerful console they created a product that is interesting for people that did not care about Xbox previously. Which is great because they are actively growing their ecosystem.

It's same if Sony came forward and said: "X% of PS5 owners did not have previous PS generations of consoles."

Banjo64

cumsessed
Daily reminder that not everyone feels they need the cutting-edge product. For some reason this is very hard to get into some skulls.
What do you mean I can’t see the high texture winnets hanging off Abbie’s ass as she pegs Joel in 4k? You can’t be a real gamer if you don’t want that.

SomeGit

I wonder what new to Xbox ecosystem means and how do they determine it, maybe new accounts on new consoles. Would an existing Xbox account from the Windows 10 Xbox app count?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I wonder what new to Xbox ecosystem means and how do they determine it, maybe new accounts on new consoles. Would an existing Xbox account from the Windows 10 Xbox app count?

Windows 10 Xbox app is part of the Xbox ecosystem so I’d say no.

Top Bottom