• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sam & Max: Save the World Remastered - Official Xbox Release Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sam, a dog detective, and Max, a chaos-creating rabbit, are back in this remaster of Telltale's first-ever episodic game. This new version of Sam & Max's first season comes with enhanced graphics, new music, and the same goofy sitcom story from 2006 that sees the Freelance Police following a simple vandalism case that leads to a far more sinister plan.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Can you elaborate?
How bad is it? The original game came out in 06, that was well before the last few years of craziness.

The og LucasArts title was amazing, but I never did get around to playing any of the subsequent games.
its not bad but some jokes are changed and when the 06 og is on xbox bc for a good price go get that one.

Last edited:

Kadve

Can you elaborate?
Some examples of the changed dialogue. (from the article above)

Original dialogue:

Oh no, the Skinbodies are like Skinheads, but ten times worse!

New dialogue:

Oh no, the Skinbodies are like those horrible hairless cats, but ten times worse!
Original dialogue:

You may call me, Jean-Francois Sissypants, the cowardly French anarchist.

New dialogue:

You may call me, Jean-Francois Bonde-A-Part, the new wave French anarchist.
Original dialogue:

It’s ’cause everyone on the internet has to pick an avatar, like a dwarf or an orc or an hot young fifteen-year- old girl curious about the adult world and willing to experiment.

New Dialogue:

It’s cause everyone on the internet has to pick an avatar, like a dwarf or an orc or a troll… But we’ve got enough trolls.

Last edited:

Kadve

The fuck? They totally butchered it. Cowardly sissypants.
Yea the first one doesnt even make sense anymore (whats wrong with sphinxes?) And the second one isnt even a joke from what i understand of it.

They also completly removed (quoted below) parts of the "New" Bosco scene.
1-“Why the sex change”

Sam: Mind telling us how you came to be a woman?

Max: Did you use lasers, or just do it the old-fashioned way?

Bosco: Are you sassin’ me? Boy I’ll whup your behind so hard you won’t be able to see straight!

Max: But I don’t see out of my behind.

Bosco: You will after I get through with you!

2- “How’s life as a woman?”

Sam: So how are those BoscoTech breasts holdin’ up?

Bosco: Oh, these are all natural, honey.

Max: I’m not gonna lie, I like ’em bosomy.

Bosco: Oh, Max, you take after your father.

Max: Okay, you just crossed the line, pal!

Sam: Easy Max, theoretically, we have even more disturbed people to worry about right now.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I thought comedy was the last bastion, where "anything goes" and you can talk about whatever you want. Guess not. Maybe I should go back to living under my rock.

Top Bottom