• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RYU GA GOTOKU (The Live Action Movie):

Juice

Wow. Sega's probably going to get yelled at for how violent that was. Even though they did put a "hai" "iie" to the 18 year old question on there.... I don't know.

Anyway, I'm normally against live-action prologues to games (See: RE1), but this wasn't too bad. "Like a Dragon" will probably be a great game, but only for people who liked Shenmue. And those people will fucking hate every minute of it because Sega made IT instead of Shenmue 3.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I now understand why Jonnyram said the chances of this coming here are slim. game is too Japanese oriented and knowing Sega they wouldn't bother, still I'm hoping the game get a domestic release looks amazing.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Juice said:
Wow. Sega's probably going to get yelled at for how violent that was. Even though they did put a "hai" "iie" to the 18 year old question on there.... I don't know.

Anyway, I'm normally against live-action prologues to games (See: RE1), but this wasn't too bad. "Like a Dragon" will probably be a great game, but only for people who liked Shenmue. And those people will fucking hate every minute of it because Sega made IT instead of Shenmue 3.

Even though I didn't like the Shenmue games much, I'm kind of interested in this. One reason is because of the, from what I can tell, more action-packed and serious atmosphere and (hopefully) a more kick-ass main character. One thing I always disliked about Shenmue was Ryo...another thing was the extremely slow pacing of the (interesting part of the) story. Seeing as this game will actually have a real ending (I hope), and that the story is made for one game, it makes it more interesting for me.

In any case, I really hope Sega translates it for a US release.

Error2k4 said:
I now understand why Jonnyram said the chances of this coming here are slim. game is too Japanese oriented and knowing Sega they wouldn't bother, still I'm hoping the game get a domestic release looks amazing.

So what was Shenmue about again?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Sholmes said:
So what was Shenmue about again?
sure you may have a point there, but this sega is all about Sonic Riders, Shadow the Hedgehog(what I mean by this is that they don't take risks like in the Dreamcast era they are all about the safety route) you know I'll love to be wrong though.

Someone besides Sega could have a stab at it as well, perhaps. Not to mention, the content of the game is pretty marketable. If they show footage of the main dude smashing people's faces into stovetops then it should attract a few folks.

Shinobi

Error2k4 said:
sure you may have a point there, but this sega is all about Sonic Riders, Shadow the Hedgehog(what I mean by this is that they don't take risks like in the Dreamcast era they are all about the safety route) you know I'll love to be wrong though.

They released Shining Neo here with a strategy guide for fuck's sake...quit your worrying.

The only mystifying decision SOA has made was not publishing Initial D, but then it probably would've only sold 10,000 copies here and given more fuel to Sega haters, so whatever.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That was pretty damn cool, actually. Really looking forward to this next week...

I hope they really have a good story to tell and that they actually finish it off within this one game.

Sat down and watch it, though, I had no idea what was going on. :D

That's some cool shite though, they could subtitle this puppy and add it as an extra to the VERY SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED US release. Please. :)

Top Bottom