• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryder Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was woeful. Crazy that his own brother sabotaged his Ryder Cup experience. He should have been leading the pack with McIlroy as Masters champion but was nowhere to be seen all week.

Deserved win for the US, only half the Europe team showed up.

Not a huge follower of golf but get interested with this and Augusta.

Looking at his twitter I think Willett and his wife are more interested in living the high life since his big win. Once in a lifetime for sure.

USA deserved this and glad the on course stuff was respectful from both sides

UncleMeat

Rickie...
gty_612074690_85710801.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

brerwolfe

I would love to see what you have from today. What a great event. I cannot even sleep tonight.
I haven't uploaded to my Flickr yet, but you can see a couple on my Instagram (brerwolfe).

I'm on an airplane in the morning but hope to upload all my full-res stuff when I get home.

Terrible captaincy from Clarke but the US had the stronger team and made it count. Some amazing golf in the final day and Reed was brilliant.

High levels of morons amongst the fans as per. I wonder if this is because the US lacks much competitive international sport.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
High levels of morons amongst the fans as per. I wonder if this is because the US lacks much competitive international sport.

I'd never thought about that. I don't really recall American tennis fans getting especially rowdy over Serena, Venus, or Roddick, although I guess there's race problems with the first two and the latter suffered from literally everyone everywhere fawning over Federer. Don't really think I notice Americans much in other sports I follow.

yeah tennis is a good example, I had not considered tennis. Perhaps I am out of line. It just seems to me that in the UK we have lots of team sports with constant competitive international competition. If you want to shout stuff at people, and plenty do, then you go and watch football/soccer. Or possibly cricket . Where as golf is seen as a sport where you show more respect and decorum.

Whereas in the US, the major sports are Football, Hockey, Basketball and Baseball with very few (at least comparatively) international events and those that there are are usually US dominated (with the exception of hockey?). The Ryder cup is one of the few opportunities the US has to play a "team" sport against a rival that is at least equal and so it provides an outlet for the kinds of fan behaviour that other nations channel into soccer. I'm not expert in US sports though so could well be talking out of my arse.

Dunno, probably bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom